|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nadja, pg. 51 to 60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton say the story about Hugo and the gates make him feel?
(a) A sense of dread.
(b) A sense of age.
(c) A sense of proportion.
(d) A sense of reality.
2. Who skull does Breton say the log connects with?
3. What color did Flaubert want to give an impression of in his novel "Salammbo"?
4. How does Breton describe the complexion of the naked woman?
(a) Dead blue.
(b) Corn yellow.
(c) Fire red.
(d) Dead white.
5. What does Breton say he is determined by knowing?
(a) Whom he hates.
(b) Whom he inspires.
(c) Whom he loves.
(d) Whom he haunts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton hope his observations will make men aware of?
2. What would Juliet say in response to Hugo's remark about the trees?
3. What does Breton say he tries to use his experience to examine?
4. Who once handed Breton and Eluard to the police?
5. Who does Breton say he was talking to on the balcony whilst watching Couleur du Temps?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)