|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nadja, pp. 37 to 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Breton say he doesn't like Comte de Lautréamont's poetry?
(a) It is nothing but style.
(b) He hides behind his work.
(c) It says nothing about life.
(d) He uses only simple words.
2. What is the name of the film Breton mentions in this section?
(a) The Tentacles of Hope.
(b) Chinese Mayhem.
(c) The Grip of the Octopus.
(d) The Fish in the Sea.
3. What painter does Breton mention in this section?
4. What city does the man in the film invade?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York City.
5. Who does the young man mistake Breton?
(a) A friend killed in the war.
(b) A painter.
(c) Another writer.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Breton say he was talking to on the balcony whilst watching Couleur du Temps?
2. Where did Breton first meet Eluard?
3. What kind of bird did Breton like to hunt in the woods?
4. What does the author say the two gates mirror about Hugo?
5. What was discovered the previous year in the well?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)