|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nadja, pg. 27 to 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton say he strives to discover?
(a) His relation to other men.
(b) His intellectual capabilities.
(c) The love of his life.
(d) His real parents.
2. What would Juliette when she pointed to the smaller gate?
(a) Main entrance, monsieur.
(b) Bridal gate, monsieur.
(c) Servant gate, monsieur.
(d) Pedestrian gate, monsieur.
3. Who once handed Breton and Eluard to the police?
(a) Albert Camus.
(b) Tristan Tzara.
(c) Philipe Saint-Andre.
(d) John-Paul Satre.
4. What kind of authors does Breton say he despises?
(a) Writers who spend too long structuring their books.
(b) Writers who separate themselves from their characters.
(c) Writers who write long, rambling sentences.
(d) Writers who write short sentences.
5. Why does Breton like to go to the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle in the afternoon?
(a) He feels something will happen there.
(b) He can work there without people shouting at him.
(c) It gives him a sense of peace.
(d) It is full of beautiful women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Breton pose at the beginning of the novel?
2. What color did Flaubert want to replicate in his novel "Madame Bovary"?
3. Who skull does Breton say the log connects with?
4. Who does Breton say he was talking to on the balcony whilst watching Couleur du Temps?
5. Who does the young man mistake Breton?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)