|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nadja, pg. 27 to 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of authors does Breton say he despises?
(a) Writers who separate themselves from their characters.
(b) Writers who write short sentences.
(c) Writers who write long, rambling sentences.
(d) Writers who spend too long structuring their books.
2. What does Breton say he tries to use his experience to examine?
3. What does the author say the two gates mirror about Hugo?
(a) His humor and seriousness.
(b) His friends and foes.
(c) His loves and hates.
(d) His strengths and weaknesses.
4. In what order does Breton say he will discuss his memories?
(a) In regimental order.
(b) In order of how they come to mind.
(c) In chronological order.
(d) In reverse order.
5. What was Breton offered as accommodation at the Manoir de Ango?
(a) A garage.
(b) A basement.
(c) A shed.
(d) A hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Etienne Dolet statue stand?
2. What is the name of the film Breton mentions in this section?
3. When was the only time Chirico said he could paint?
4. What painter does Breton mention in this section?
5. What would Hugo say when he saw the largest gate?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)