|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nadja, pg. 16 to 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the author who wrote Madame Bovery?
(a) Albert Camus.
(b) Andre Breton.
(c) Gustave Flaubert.
(d) Victor Hugo.
2. What kind of authors does Breton say he despises?
(a) Writers who write short sentences.
(b) Writers who spend too long structuring their books.
(c) Writers who write long, rambling sentences.
(d) Writers who separate themselves from their characters.
3. What did one author to another that he should change about his heroine?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her gender.
(c) Her nose.
(d) Her name.
4. Which artist does Breton say he has much in common with?
5. What would Hugo say when him and Juliet would pass the two trees?
(a) Samson and Deliah.
(b) Philemon and Baucis.
(c) Iron and steel.
(d) Jesus and John the Baptist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Breton's first point of departure?
2. What does Paul Eluard like to write?
3. What does Breton say the author's life is victimized by?
4. When was the only time Chirico said he could paint?
5. What does the author say the two gates mirror about Hugo?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)