|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nadja, pg. 16 to 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the two gates mirror about Hugo?
(a) His friends and foes.
(b) His loves and hates.
(c) His strengths and weaknesses.
(d) His humor and seriousness.
2. Who does the young man mistake Breton?
(a) Another writer.
(b) A painter.
(c) His brother.
(d) A friend killed in the war.
3. In what order does Breton say he will discuss his memories?
(a) In reverse order.
(b) In regimental order.
(c) In order of how they come to mind.
(d) In chronological order.
4. What is the name of the author who wrote Madame Bovery?
(a) Gustave Flaubert.
(b) Victor Hugo.
(c) Albert Camus.
(d) Andre Breton.
5. Which painter's paintings does Breton say have magnificent light?
(c) Van Gogh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton say the author's life is victimized by?
2. What did one author to another that he should change about his heroine?
3. Where did Breton first meet Eluard?
4. What would Hugo say when he saw the largest gate?
5. Where does the Etienne Dolet statue stand?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)