|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nadja, pg. 27 to 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does the man in the film invade?
(a) New York City.
(b) Los Angeles.
2. Why does Breton like to go to the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle in the afternoon?
(a) He can work there without people shouting at him.
(b) It is full of beautiful women.
(c) He feels something will happen there.
(d) It gives him a sense of peace.
3. What was the name of Victor Hugo's lover?
(a) Nina Hagen.
(b) Juliette Drouet.
(c) Daniella Farkas.
(d) Helena Freud.
4. In what order does Breton say he will discuss his memories?
(a) In regimental order.
(b) In chronological order.
(c) In reverse order.
(d) In order of how they come to mind.
5. When was the only time Chirico said he could paint?
(a) When he was in love.
(b) When he was going through a breakup.
(c) When he was hungry.
(d) When he was surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton say he is determined by knowing?
2. What does Breton say he strives to discover?
3. What color did Flaubert want to give an impression of in his novel "Salammbo"?
4. What does Breton say the author's life is victimized by?
5. Where does the Etienne Dolet statue stand?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)