|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nadja, pg. 27 to 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton say he strives to discover?
(a) The love of his life.
(b) His real parents.
(c) His intellectual capabilities.
(d) His relation to other men.
2. What does Breton say the story about Hugo and the gates make him feel?
(a) A sense of age.
(b) A sense of reality.
(c) A sense of dread.
(d) A sense of proportion.
3. Where did Breton first meet Eluard?
(a) The Manoir d'Ango.
(b) The Conservataire Renee Maubel.
(c) The Etienne Dolet.
(d) The Hotel des Grands Hommes.
4. What words does Andre Breton see appearing on several shop fronts?
(b) Grands Hommes.
(d) Les Champs Magnetiques.
5. What is the name of the film Breton mentions in this section?
(a) The Grip of the Octopus.
(b) The Tentacles of Hope.
(c) The Fish in the Sea.
(d) Chinese Mayhem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul Eluard like to write?
2. What question does Breton pose at the beginning of the novel?
3. What does Breton love to visit in Nantes?
4. What French city does Breton feel, other than Paris, something worthwhile can happen to him?
5. When was the only time Chirico said he could paint?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)