Objective: The purpose of this lesson is to examine the author, Andre Breton.
1. With the students, brainstorm all the places they think Breton goes in his spare time. Divide the students into pairs and ask them to choose one of the settings and develop a conversation between Breton and one of his friends.
2. Divide the students into two groups. One group should research Breton's life and the other group should think of questions they like to ask Breton about his life. Finish the lesson with a question and answer session.
3. Divide the students into pairs or groups of three. Ask them to use magazine pictures to make a picture story of Breton's life.
4. Homework. Write Breton's character background.
Objective: The purpose of this lesson is to examine surrealism.
1) 1. Class discussion. What is surrealism? In what way is this book an example of a surreal work? What...
This section contains 4,996 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)