|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Erra and Ishum.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Epic of Creation in this book end?
(a) Mankind will no longer need to rely on the gods for help.
(b) Apsu will stay below the waters for eternity.
(c) Mankind will hopefully worship Marduk as the gods' savior.
(d) TIamat will never return to reclaim her throne
2. Who is the king of the old gods?
3. Which goddess creates Enkidu in order to bring down Gilgamesh's arrogance?
4. In the Babylonian version of Gilgamesh's story, what incites the battle between Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
(a) Gilgamesh attempts to kill Shamkat.
(b) Gilgamesh tries to seduce Shamkat.
(c) Enkidu kills Gilgamesh's mistress.
(d) Enkidu did not bow to Gilgamesh.
5. How many names are given to Marduk by Anshar, Lahmu, and Lahamu?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the snake attack the eagle and leave it for dead in a pit?
2. How much of Gilgamesh is considered to be the mortal part?
3. How does Marduk entrap Tiamat?
4. What does the different reigns of each part of Earth represent?
5. After the death of Enkidu, for what does a grieving Gilgamesh seek?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)