|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Erra and Ishum.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hayyashum marry?
(a) His sister.
(b) His niece.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His mother.
2. Who are the Sebitti?
(a) They are the ferocious children of Earth and Anu.
(b) They are the human warriors of Mesopotamian.
(c) They are the children of Ishtar and Dumuzi.
(d) They are the temple maidens in Ea's temple.
3. According to Erra, what of Marduk's has become dirty?
(a) His hair.
(b) His adornment.
(c) His throne.
(d) His face.
4. How many gods and goddesses comprise the assembly of the gods after Tiamat's death?
5. What reason is given for parts of these myths being missing?
(a) The tablets were partially destroyed.
(b) Some of the paintings were missing.
(c) The tapestries had been partially burned.
(d) The pottery had been shattered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday is the culmination of the cycle represented by the Theology of Dunnu?
2. How must Nergal atone for his offense towards Namtar?
3. In the Armana version, what does Nergal do to Namtar when he reaches the final door to the Underworld?
4. What gesture does Ninsun extend before Gilgamesh and Enkidu go to stop Humbaba?
5. When Namtar is sent from the Underworld to argue with the gods for Nergal's return, what does Ereshkigal reveal?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)