|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Erra and Ishum.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishum offer to Erra for a cessation of the attacks on mankind?
(a) The creation skills of Belet-ili so that Erra can create his own race.
(b) A bride.
(c) The service and support of the rest of the gods.
(d) The chaos of Tiamat contained in a crystal.
2. In what modern country can the ancient civilization of these myths be found?
3. What does the different reigns of each part of Earth represent?
(a) A new season.
(b) A new week.
(c) A new month.
(d) A new day.
4. Who is Ereshkigal?
(a) Goddess of the sun.
(b) Queen of the Underworld.
(c) Queen of the mountains.
(d) Goddess of the earth.
5. What does Gilgamesh use to cross over the deadly water past the mountains and darkness?
(a) A boat made from rocks.
(b) Three hundred wooden poles.
(c) He simply swims it without taking a single breath the entire time.
(d) A giant leaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what color is Dumuzi clad when he descends to Kurnugi?
2. What does Ea advise Nergal to refrain from while in the Underworld?
3. What food does Anu actually offer to Adapa?
4. What tool is used within the introductions to help the reader understand the time line of these stories?
5. About what does Ea question Nergal upon the arrival of Namtar?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)