|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epic of Creation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ea specifically tell Adapa that he must not eat while appearing before Anu?
(a) Eat the bread of truth.
(b) Eat the bread of death.
(c) Eat the bread of life.
(d) Eat the bread of lies.
2. When the eagle takes Etana to the skies, why does the king ask to be returned to earth?
(a) Etana grew ill from the ascent.
(b) Etana became fearful of the heights.
(c) Etana had dreams of forboding.
(d) Etana changed his mind about going to see the gods.
3. What pact do the eagle and snake in Etana's story make with Shamash?
(a) The animals will not harm each other.
(b) The animals will both work with Etana.
(c) The animals will work together to force Etana to leave his fort.
(d) The animals will worship only Shamash.
4. What is Sharur?
(a) The personification of Ninurta's weapon.
(b) Ninurta's wife.
(c) Ninurta's student.
(d) Anzu's wife who rebels against Anzu.
5. What facet of mankind annoys Ellil to the point where he nearly casts a plague upon them?
(a) Their disrespect.
(b) Their smells.
(c) Their noise.
(d) Their questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blank: The ancient civilization of these myths can be found between the Tigris and the _______.
2. What biblical character is similar to Atrahasis?
3. Who tells Atrahasis to build a boat in anticipation of Ellil flooding the world?
4. What tree grows by Etana's fort?
5. Who is one of the creators of Lahmu and Lahamu?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)