|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epic of Creation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What act does Mami claim will cause Ninurta to be worshiped throughout the land?
(a) Killing Marduk.
(b) Killing Anzu.
(c) Saving Anzu.
(d) Killing Ea.
2. In what modern country can the ancient civilization of these myths be found?
3. Why is Nergal sent to the Underworld?
(a) He is to judge the activities of the gods.
(b) He is to send a message to Namtar from the gods about respect.
(c) He is to be whipped by Namtar.
(d) He is to sacrifice himself to make amends for offending Namtar.
4. What leads Etana to attempt, for a second time, to fly with the eagle to Anu's heaven?
(a) His wife begged him to go.
(b) The eagle forced him to go see Anu.
(c) Anu threatened him.
(d) Three dreams.
5. During the Festival of the New Year, why was the Epic of Creation performed or recited?
(a) It was a time for feasting.
(b) It was a morale-booster for the citizens.
(c) It was a religious ceremony for the temple maidens.
(d) It was propaganda for the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Atrahasis bring onto his boat besides people?
2. In the shorter version of Anzu's story from Old Babylonia, where does the story start due to a missing tablet?
3. Why does the snake attack the eagle and leave it for dead in a pit?
4. Where does the story depicting the theft of the Tablet of Destiny end in the Old Babylonian version?
5. How does Good-Looks save Ishtar from Kurnugi?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)