|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anzu - Standard and Old Babylonian Version.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Adad, Gerra, and Shara refuse to attack Anzu?
(a) They know Anzu will turn them to clay.
(b) They know Anzu is the superior fighter.
(c) They feel Anzu is right.
(d) They know Anzu will take control and they do not want to cross him.
2. About what does Ea question Nergal upon the arrival of Namtar?
(a) Nergal spat on Namtar upon his arrival.
(b) Nergal refused to look Namtar in the eyes.
(c) Nergal slapped Namtar in the face.
(d) Nergal did not bow to Namtar.
3. What purpose does the Sigla and Abbreviations section serve for this book?
(a) It summarizes the work as a whole.
(b) It gives a time period in which these stories supposedly occurred.
(c) It describes, in-depth, characteristics of the text.
(d) It gives historical background to the story.
4. How does Ellil first punish mankind in the story of Atrahasis?
(a) He sends a flood.
(b) He ignores their prayers for children.
(c) He orders a drought.
(d) He unleashes the Sebitti.
5. What is the result of Ninurta killing Anzu?
(a) Ninurta becomes shunned by all of mankind.
(b) Ninurta has become famous all over the world.
(c) Ninurta becomes king of the gods.
(d) Anzu becomes demonized in all cultures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Etana's son?
2. Which goddess creates Enkidu in order to bring down Gilgamesh's arrogance?
3. Who do the myths revolve around?
4. How does Shamash help Gilgamesh in his battle against Humbaba?
5. How do the gods know when Ninurta has slain Anzu?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)