|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anzu - Standard and Old Babylonian Version.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank: The ancient civilization of these myths can be found between the Tigris and the _______.
(c) Amu Darya.
2. What reason does the author give for noting similarities between these myths and other, well-known stories?
(a) It allows the reader to see the progression of gender relations through stories.
(b) It allows the reader to easier relate to the myths.
(c) It allows the reader to see that the Mesopotamian myths came first.
(d) It allows the reader to see the differences in the relationship between man and god.
3. How much of Gilgamesh is considered to be the mortal part?
(a) One fifth.
(b) One third.
(c) One fourth.
(d) One half.
4. What leads Etana to attempt, for a second time, to fly with the eagle to Anu's heaven?
(a) Three dreams.
(b) The eagle forced him to go see Anu.
(c) His wife begged him to go.
(d) Anu threatened him.
5. Why is Ninurta unable to kill Anzu?
(a) Ninurta feels it is not right to kill Anzu.
(b) Anzu is much smarter than the other gods.
(c) Anzu is too fast for Ninurta to catch.
(d) Anzu controls everything with the Tablet.
Short Answer Questions
1. After seven years of famine, to what does mankind resort?
2. About what does Ea question Nergal upon the arrival of Namtar?
3. For whom must Ishtar be exchanged in Kurnugi?
4. What reason does Ut-napishtium (or Atrahasis) give Gilgamesh for why only he is allowed to be immortal?
5. What threat does Ishtar use when addressing the gatekeeper of the Underworld?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)