|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anzu - Standard and Old Babylonian Version.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the final tablet of the Epic of Gilgamesh, what does Enkidu offer to retrieve for Gilgamesh?
(b) A sword.
(c) A pomegranate seed.
(d) A toy.
2. Who is Namtar?
(a) Ereshkigal's vizier.
(b) Ereshkigal's judge.
(c) Ereshkigal's lover.
(d) Ereshkigal's brother.
3. What must Adapa wear when he is sent to appear before Anu?
(a) A shift from the Temple of Anu.
(b) He must be dressed as the gods.
(c) Mourning clothing.
4. What tool, in this book, explains how these myths came about?
(a) The Abbreviations.
(b) The Sigla.
(c) The Prefaces.
(d) The Figures.
5. What reasons does Enki give for instructing Antrahasis to build his boat?
(a) He wanted to humiliate Ellil.
(b) He was asked to intervene by Belet-ili.
(c) He wanted to be sure that there would still be life on earth.
(d) He wanted to be sure that the new race of humans would worship him.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which civilization do these myths originate?
2. How long does Enki believe the flood will last?
3. What does Anzu look like?
4. Why is the author not entirely certain that Atrahasis sent an offering of peace to the gods to stop the flooding?
5. When Namtar is sent from the Underworld to argue with the gods for Nergal's return, what does Ereshkigal reveal?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)