|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nergal and Ereshkigal, Babylonian Version and Amarna Version.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Ea question Nergal upon the arrival of Namtar?
(a) Nergal spat on Namtar upon his arrival.
(b) Nergal did not bow to Namtar.
(c) Nergal refused to look Namtar in the eyes.
(d) Nergal slapped Namtar in the face.
2. Of what is Ishtar's father the god?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
(c) The earth.
(d) The seas.
3. For what reason, in the story of Atrahasis, do the gods create man?
(a) They are tired of doing all of the work on their own.
(b) The gods were bored.
(c) The gods were lonely without anyone to lead.
(d) They were hoping to run an experiment.
4. In what modern country can the ancient civilization of these myths be found?
5. What biblical character is similar to Atrahasis?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the final tablet of the Epic of Gilgamesh, what does Enkidu offer to retrieve for Gilgamesh?
2. What gesture does Ninsun extend before Gilgamesh and Enkidu go to stop Humbaba?
3. How must Nergal atone for his offense towards Namtar?
4. What god is sacrificed in order to create man?
5. What is unique about the plant Gilgamesh retrieves from the Apsu?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)