|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nergal and Ereshkigal, Babylonian Version and Amarna Version.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the myths revolve around?
(a) The gods of Greece.
(b) The gods of Rome.
(c) The gods of Mesopotamia.
(d) The gods of China.
2. What facet of mankind annoys Ellil to the point where he nearly casts a plague upon them?
(a) Their smells.
(b) Their noise.
(c) Their disrespect.
(d) Their questions.
3. In the Armana version, what does Nergal do to Namtar when he reaches the final door to the Underworld?
(a) Namtar is trapped in the forecourt.
(b) Namtar is beheaded.
(c) Namtar is trapped in an icy pond.
(d) Namtar is slapped in the face.
4. In what tradition where these myths originally related?
(a) Murals within the temples.
(c) Oral tradition.
5. Why is the author not entirely certain that Atrahasis sent an offering of peace to the gods to stop the flooding?
(a) It is unclear if Atrahasis sent a peace offering or a warning.
(b) There are too many versions of this story to know for sure.
(c) Some of the text is missing.
(d) Atrahasis denies doing it in the text.
Short Answer Questions
1. What section of the book is the table of contents for the book's figures?
2. For what reason, in the story of Atrahasis, do the gods create man?
3. What happens to the plant Gilgamesh took from the Apsu?
4. Of what is Ishtar's father the god?
5. In terms of population control, what do the gods agree to do with women?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)