|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Descent of Ishtar to the Underworld.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many myths are contained in this book?
2. What tool, in this book, explains how these myths came about?
(a) The Figures.
(b) The Sigla.
(c) The Abbreviations.
(d) The Prefaces.
3. What does Belili offer in order to help her brother, Dumuzi?
(a) Belili will take Dumuzi's place in the Underworld one month a year.
(b) Belili will assist Ereshkigal so that the queen may occasionally leave the Underworld.
(c) Belili will take Dumuzi's place in the Underworld for half the year.
(d) Belili will take over Dumuzi's duties above the Underworld.
4. For what reason, in the story of Atrahasis, do the gods create man?
(a) The gods were bored.
(b) They were hoping to run an experiment.
(c) They are tired of doing all of the work on their own.
(d) The gods were lonely without anyone to lead.
5. How many figures are contained within this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishtar being trapped in Kuranugi affect earth?
2. Why is the author not entirely certain that Atrahasis sent an offering of peace to the gods to stop the flooding?
3. What is Ishtar's relationship to Ereshkigal?
4. What purpose does the Sigla and Abbreviations section serve for this book?
5. What goddess is said to have been the mother of Gilgamesh?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)