|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Descent of Ishtar to the Underworld.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ereshkigal?
(a) Queen of the Underworld.
(b) Goddess of the sun.
(c) Queen of the mountains.
(d) Goddess of the earth.
2. From which civilization do these myths originate?
3. How much of Gilgamesh is considered to be the mortal part?
(a) One half.
(b) One fourth.
(c) One fifth.
(d) One third.
4. What do the gods, at the end of Atrahasis's story, amend in every living human?
(a) The ability to reason.
(b) Free will.
(c) Their soul.
(d) Life span.
5. In what modern country can the ancient civilization of these myths be found?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story of Ishtar, what version does the author use?
2. For whom must Ishtar be exchanged in Kurnugi?
3. How does Ishtar being trapped in Kuranugi affect earth?
4. What ancient text is not listed as having being inspired by these myths?
5. What goddess is said to have been the mother of Gilgamesh?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)