|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Descent of Ishtar to the Underworld.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shamash help Gilgamesh in his battle against Humbaba?
(a) Shamash convinces Humbaba that using weapons will be dishonorable to the gods.
(b) Shamash tricks Humbaba into looking the wrong way.
(c) Shamash calls down the thirteen winds.
(d) Shamash subdues Humbaba.
2. Why does the author of this book believe it is necessary to understand where the stories of several different cultures originated?
(a) It helps to understand which cultures came first.
(b) It helps to understand how women were once treated.
(c) It helps to understand the stories behind the legends.
(d) It helps to understand the importance of working for onself.
3. What biblical character is similar to Atrahasis?
4. What tool, in this book, explains how these myths came about?
(a) The Sigla.
(b) The Figures.
(c) The Abbreviations.
(d) The Prefaces.
5. Which goddess creates Enkidu in order to bring down Gilgamesh's arrogance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Atrahasis to build a boat in anticipation of Ellil flooding the world?
2. What offer does Gilgamesh refuse from Ishtar?
3. In terms of population control, what do the gods agree to do with women?
4. What do the gods, at the end of Atrahasis's story, amend in every living human?
5. Of what is Ishtar's father the god?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)