|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Descent of Ishtar to the Underworld.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what condition does Ereshkigal allow Ishtar entrance to Kurnugi?
(a) She must be polite.
(b) She must apologize for her transgressions against Ereshkigal.
(c) She must marry the first man she sees after exiting the Underworld.
(d) She must follow the ancient rites.
2. In the final tablet of the Epic of Gilgamesh, what does Enkidu offer to retrieve for Gilgamesh?
(a) A toy.
(c) A pomegranate seed.
(d) A sword.
3. Fill in the blank: The ancient civilization of these myths can be found between the Tigris and the _______.
(a) Amu Darya.
4. On their journey to the Pine Forest, what plagues Gilgamesh?
(b) Terrible dreams.
5. How much of Gilgamesh is considered to be the mortal part?
(a) One fourth.
(b) One half.
(c) One fifth.
(d) One third.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the myths revolve around?
2. What reasons does Enki give for instructing Antrahasis to build his boat?
3. In what tradition where these myths originally related?
4. Which goddess creates Enkidu in order to bring down Gilgamesh's arrogance?
5. How does Ereshkigal avenge herself upon Ishtar?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)