|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Descent of Ishtar to the Underworld.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many myths are contained in this book?
2. What does Belili offer in order to help her brother, Dumuzi?
(a) Belili will take Dumuzi's place in the Underworld one month a year.
(b) Belili will take Dumuzi's place in the Underworld for half the year.
(c) Belili will assist Ereshkigal so that the queen may occasionally leave the Underworld.
(d) Belili will take over Dumuzi's duties above the Underworld.
3. What do the gods, at the end of Atrahasis's story, amend in every living human?
(a) The ability to reason.
(b) Their soul.
(c) Life span.
(d) Free will.
4. What is the station of the god or goddess who creates man?
(a) The earth-goddess.
(b) The heart-goddess.
(c) The hearth-goddess.
(d) The womb-goddess.
5. What threat does Ishtar use when addressing the gatekeeper of the Underworld?
(a) She will force Ereshkigal to leave her throne.
(b) She will not allow another soul to pass through the gates.
(c) She will kill Namtar.
(d) She will make the dead rise to prey on the living.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the plant Gilgamesh retrieves from the Apsu?
2. What gesture does Ninsun extend before Gilgamesh and Enkidu go to stop Humbaba?
3. What tool, in this book, explains how these myths came about?
4. Which goddess creates Enkidu in order to bring down Gilgamesh's arrogance?
5. What ritual takes place during Dumuzi's time in Kurnugi?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)