|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Epic of Gilgamesh - Standard version and Old Babylonian Version.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Gilgamesh passes through the mountains, what creatures does Gilgamesh mistakenly kill?
(a) The Gorgons.
(b) The Sebitti.
(c) The stone creatures.
(d) The taklimtu.
2. What reason is given for parts of these myths being missing?
(a) Some of the paintings were missing.
(b) The tapestries had been partially burned.
(c) The pottery had been shattered.
(d) The tablets were partially destroyed.
3. How many myths are contained in this book?
4. Who is the king of the old gods?
5. Why does the author of this book believe it is necessary to understand where the stories of several different cultures originated?
(a) It helps to understand which cultures came first.
(b) It helps to understand the stories behind the legends.
(c) It helps to understand the importance of working for onself.
(d) It helps to understand how women were once treated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason is given for the myths of this book being the basis of stories for other cultures?
2. What is the station of the god or goddess who creates man?
3. On their journey to the Pine Forest, what plagues Gilgamesh?
4. In what tradition where these myths originally related?
5. What reason does the author give for noting similarities between these myths and other, well-known stories?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)