|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Atrahasis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tool, in this book, explains how these myths came about?
(a) The Abbreviations.
(b) The Sigla.
(c) The Figures.
(d) The Prefaces.
2. On what medium where these myths originally found?
3. What do Anu and Ellil agree to do for the other gods?
(a) Share their power.
(b) Lighten their workload.
(c) Allow them to switch vocations.
(d) Allow them to marry.
4. What god is sacrificed in order to create man?
5. For what reason, in the story of Atrahasis, do the gods create man?
(a) They are tired of doing all of the work on their own.
(b) The gods were lonely without anyone to lead.
(c) They were hoping to run an experiment.
(d) The gods were bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What purpose does the Sigla and Abbreviations section serve for this book?
2. Who do the myths revolve around?
3. After seven years of famine, to what does mankind resort?
4. Why does the author of this book believe it is necessary to understand where the stories of several different cultures originated?
5. What unique feature does this book use to help the reader understand these stories?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)