|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Atrahasis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason is given for the myths of this book being the basis of stories for other cultures?
(a) Mesopotamia created one of the first traveling libraries.
(b) People of other countries frequently travelled through Mesopotamia.
(c) The people of Mesopotamia traveled the world.
(d) The people of Mesopotamia often sent scrolls to churches of other faiths.
2. In what tradition where these myths originally related?
(c) Oral tradition.
(d) Murals within the temples.
3. How many myths are contained in this book?
4. What does Atrahasis bring onto his boat besides people?
(b) The Sebitti.
(c) The altar from Ellil's temple.
(d) Rocks for the gods.
5. What theory does the author suggest as the origin for the tale of Atrahasis?
(a) It explains why water is so revered in the Mesopotamian culture.
(b) It explains how the rivers Tigris and Euphrates were formed.
(c) It is an explanation for why the priestesses of Shamash were never allowed to have children.
(d) It explains why New Years is a celebration all around the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reasons does Enki give for instructing Antrahasis to build his boat?
2. What reason is given for parts of these myths being missing?
3. Who tells Atrahasis to build a boat in anticipation of Ellil flooding the world?
4. What tool is used within the introductions to help the reader understand the time line of these stories?
5. What unique feature does this book use to help the reader understand these stories?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)