|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Atrahasis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the author not entirely certain that Atrahasis sent an offering of peace to the gods to stop the flooding?
(a) It is unclear if Atrahasis sent a peace offering or a warning.
(b) Some of the text is missing.
(c) Atrahasis denies doing it in the text.
(d) There are too many versions of this story to know for sure.
2. How long does Enki believe the flood will last?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Forty days and forty nights.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three years.
3. What biblical character is similar to Atrahasis?
4. Who tells Atrahasis to build a boat in anticipation of Ellil flooding the world?
5. How does Ellil first punish mankind in the story of Atrahasis?
(a) He sends a flood.
(b) He orders a drought.
(c) He unleashes the Sebitti.
(d) He ignores their prayers for children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the author give for noting similarities between these myths and other, well-known stories?
2. Who is the king of the old gods?
3. What does Enki give Belet-ili?
4. What is the station of the god or goddess who creates man?
5. What do the gods, at the end of Atrahasis's story, amend in every living human?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)