|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Atrahasis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After seven years of famine, to what does mankind resort?
(c) Eating dirt.
2. What purpose does the Sigla and Abbreviations section serve for this book?
(a) It gives historical background to the story.
(b) It describes, in-depth, characteristics of the text.
(c) It gives a time period in which these stories supposedly occurred.
(d) It summarizes the work as a whole.
3. From which civilization do these myths originate?
4. What reason does the author give for noting similarities between these myths and other, well-known stories?
(a) It allows the reader to easier relate to the myths.
(b) It allows the reader to see the differences in the relationship between man and god.
(c) It allows the reader to see that the Mesopotamian myths came first.
(d) It allows the reader to see the progression of gender relations through stories.
5. Fill in the blank: The ancient civilization of these myths can be found between the Tigris and the _______.
(b) Amu Darya.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anu and Ellil agree to do for the other gods?
2. What tool is used within the introductions to help the reader understand the time line of these stories?
3. What theory does the author suggest as the origin for the tale of Atrahasis?
4. Who do the myths revolve around?
5. How does Ellil first punish mankind in the story of Atrahasis?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)