|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Epic of Gilgamesh - Standard version and Old Babylonian Version.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which civilization do these myths originate?
2. What tool is used within the introductions to help the reader understand the time line of these stories?
(a) The Chronological Chart.
(b) The Flow Chart.
(c) The Abbreviations.
(d) The Sigla.
3. What reason does the author give for noting similarities between these myths and other, well-known stories?
(a) It allows the reader to see the differences in the relationship between man and god.
(b) It allows the reader to easier relate to the myths.
(c) It allows the reader to see the progression of gender relations through stories.
(d) It allows the reader to see that the Mesopotamian myths came first.
4. What reasons does Enki give for instructing Antrahasis to build his boat?
(a) He was asked to intervene by Belet-ili.
(b) He wanted to be sure that there would still be life on earth.
(c) He wanted to be sure that the new race of humans would worship him.
(d) He wanted to humiliate Ellil.
5. On their journey to the Pine Forest, what plagues Gilgamesh?
(c) Terrible dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason, in the story of Atrahasis, do the gods create man?
2. After Gilgamesh passes through the mountains, what creatures does Gilgamesh mistakenly kill?
3. What does Atrahasis bring onto his boat besides people?
4. What god is sacrificed in order to create man?
5. What does Gilgamesh use to cross over the deadly water past the mountains and darkness?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)