|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Epic of Gilgamesh - Standard version and Old Babylonian Version.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tool, in this book, explains how these myths came about?
(a) The Figures.
(b) The Sigla.
(c) The Prefaces.
(d) The Abbreviations.
2. After seven years of famine, to what does mankind resort?
(a) Eating dirt.
3. What biblical character is similar to Atrahasis?
4. How does Ut-napishtium prove to Gilgamesh how many days the latter man slept?
(a) Ut-napishtium had Shamash stand as witness.
(b) Ut-napishtium put a cut on Gilgamesh's leg for each day.
(c) Ut-napishtium planted a tree for each day Gilgamesh slept.
(d) Ut-napishtium's wife baked a loaf of bread for each day Gilgamesh slept.
5. What do Anu and Ellil agree to do for the other gods?
(a) Lighten their workload.
(b) Share their power.
(c) Allow them to switch vocations.
(d) Allow them to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Atrahasis to build a boat in anticipation of Ellil flooding the world?
2. After Gilgamesh passes through the mountains, what creatures does Gilgamesh mistakenly kill?
3. What goddess is said to have been the mother of Gilgamesh?
4. How long does Enki believe the flood will last?
5. What reason does Ut-napishtium (or Atrahasis) give Gilgamesh for why only he is allowed to be immortal?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)