|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Adapa and Etana.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Armana version, why does Ereshkigal send Namtar to the gods after the banquet?
(a) Namtar is to send a message to Ea about her weariness of being in the Underworld.
(b) Namtar is to plead for Ereshkigal's release from her duties.
(c) Namtar is to bring Nergal to her.
(d) Namtar is to kill Nergal.
2. How long does Enki believe the flood will last?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Forty days and forty nights.
(d) Seven days.
3. Who is Adapa?
(a) The god who insulted Namtar.
(b) A sage who taught mankind how to build a civilization.
(c) The man who takes Ishtar's place in the Underworld.
(d) The king who saved people and animals during the great flood.
4. After seven years of famine, to what does mankind resort?
(d) Eating dirt.
5. Who tells Atrahasis to build a boat in anticipation of Ellil flooding the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ereshkigal avenge herself upon Ishtar?
2. What gift to Ea bestow upon Adapa?
3. What is unique about the plant Gilgamesh retrieves from the Apsu?
4. For how many months does Etana feed and train the eagle in the pit?
5. What food does Anu actually offer to Adapa?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)