|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Adapa and Etana.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pact do the eagle and snake in Etana's story make with Shamash?
(a) The animals will both work with Etana.
(b) The animals will work together to force Etana to leave his fort.
(c) The animals will worship only Shamash.
(d) The animals will not harm each other.
2. What is Ishtar's relationship to Ereshkigal?
(b) Mother and daughter.
3. Why is Nergal sent to the Underworld?
(a) He is to be whipped by Namtar.
(b) He is to send a message to Namtar from the gods about respect.
(c) He is to sacrifice himself to make amends for offending Namtar.
(d) He is to judge the activities of the gods.
4. Who tells Atrahasis to build a boat in anticipation of Ellil flooding the world?
5. Who is Ereshkigal?
(a) Goddess of the earth.
(b) Queen of the Underworld.
(c) Goddess of the sun.
(d) Queen of the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ut-napishtium prove to Gilgamesh how many days the latter man slept?
2. What is the name of Etana's son?
3. Who is the king of the old gods?
4. What is not one of Adapa's responsibilities?
5. When Nergal escapes from the Underworld, what do the gods demand be done to him?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)