|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Adapa and Etana.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story of Ereshkigal, why does Kakka tell the queen of the Underworld to send a messenger up to the world?
(a) They wish to send more help to the Underworld.
(b) They wish to to replace her messenger.
(c) They wish to assassinate the queen.
(d) They wish send some of their feast to her.
2. What threat does Ishtar use when addressing the gatekeeper of the Underworld?
(a) She will kill Namtar.
(b) She will not allow another soul to pass through the gates.
(c) She will force Ereshkigal to leave her throne.
(d) She will make the dead rise to prey on the living.
3. For how many months does Etana feed and train the eagle in the pit?
(a) Five months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Twelve months.
4. What is not one of Adapa's responsibilities?
(a) Healing the sick.
(b) Fishing for Eridu.
(c) Working alongside the bakers.
(d) Tending the rites.
5. When Nergal travels to the Underworld, to what story is the description of his descent similar?
(a) Enkidu's escape from the Underworld.
(b) Gilgamesh's search for immortality.
(c) Ishtar's descent.
(d) Atrahasis and the flood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishtar being trapped in Kuranugi affect earth?
2. After the death of Enkidu, for what does a grieving Gilgamesh seek?
3. What does Ea specifically tell Adapa that he must not eat while appearing before Anu?
4. After Gilgamesh passes through the mountains, what creatures does Gilgamesh mistakenly kill?
5. What biblical character is similar to Atrahasis?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)