|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epic of Creation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On their journey to the Pine Forest, what plagues Gilgamesh?
(a) Terrible dreams.
2. How does Shamash help Gilgamesh in his battle against Humbaba?
(a) Shamash subdues Humbaba.
(b) Shamash tricks Humbaba into looking the wrong way.
(c) Shamash convinces Humbaba that using weapons will be dishonorable to the gods.
(d) Shamash calls down the thirteen winds.
3. When Nergal escapes from the Underworld, what do the gods demand be done to him?
(a) He is to be disfigured.
(b) He is to be tortured for his defiance.
(c) He is to be sent back.
(d) He is to be stripped of his powers.
4. What does Ea advise Nergal to refrain from while in the Underworld?
(a) Mentioning the names of any other gods.
(b) Sleeping with Ereshkigal.
(d) Looking Ereshkigal in the eyes.
5. How does the Epic of Creation in this book end?
(a) Apsu will stay below the waters for eternity.
(b) Mankind will no longer need to rely on the gods for help.
(c) Mankind will hopefully worship Marduk as the gods' savior.
(d) TIamat will never return to reclaim her throne
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Marduk create the world?
2. What happens to the plant Gilgamesh took from the Apsu?
3. In the final tablet of the Epic of Gilgamesh, what does Enkidu offer to retrieve for Gilgamesh?
4. How does Ereshkigal keep Nergal from killing her in the Amarna version?
5. When sent from the Underworld, why is Namtar unable to locate Nergal?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)