|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The teeth turned into ______, who fought until five remained?
(a) Little dragons.
(c) Armed warriors.
2. On Circe's island the men were turned into what?
3. When Aeneas and his group arrived in Italy, they were greeted warmly by __________, the local king.
4. Clytie was a mortal woman who loved the Sun-god and pined away while watching the sun. What did she do after she was turned into a sunflower?
(a) She let her heavy head sink to the ground.
(b) She wept yellow petals.
(c) She died.
(d) She turned to face the sun.
5. What did Jocasta and Oedipus do when they realized they were mother and son?
(a) They both blinded themselves.
(b) Jocasta killed herself, and Oedipus blinded himself before going into exile.
(c) Jocasta killed Oedipus and then killed herself.
(d) Oedipus killed Jocasta and then killed himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. The story of Agamemnon shows how terrible acts could cause what?
2. Oedipus saved the city from _____________, a monster that asked riddles of travelers who passed by.
3. This story is very different from the other myths in the book for ____________ reasons.
4. Orithyia's two sons were heroes who accompanied ____________ on his voyage.
5. One of the earliest kings was _______________, who ruled at the time Demeter brought agriculture to earth.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)