|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Odysseus' adventures were told in the _________ poem The Odyssey.
2. King Laius of Thebes was a descendant of ______________, married to a distant cousin called Jocasta.
3. Orithyia was carried away against her will by whom?
(a) The god of the North Wind, Boreas.
(b) The god of the West Wind, Boreas.
(c) The god of the East Wind, Boreas.
(d) The god of the South Wind, Boreas.
4. Amymone was pursued by a ________ but saved by Poseidon.
5. Callisto was loved by Zeus and hated by Hera. Hera turned her into a _________ and arranged for her son to kill it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Odysseus rescued the men before visiting the dead prophet ________________ in the underworld.
2. Aurora, goddess of ___________, loved a mortal named Tithonus.
3. Cadmus married _____________, the daughter of Aphrodite and Ares.
4. Who were Atreus' children?
5. What happened to Antigone when she ignored Creon's edict and buried her brother?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)