|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Dryope transformed into a tree?
(a) She carved her name into a tree.
(b) She loved trees.
(c) She cut a tree down to build a fire.
(d) She accidentally harmed a nymph by picking flowers from a tree.
2. Procne was married to Tereus of Thrace, a son of Ares, who fell in love with ______________ and tricked her into a marriage before cutting out her tongue and locking her up.
3. How did this beautiful nymph feel about Glaucus?
4. The society Aeneas founded would one day flourish into ___________.
(a) The great nation of Greece.
(b) The great nation of Italy.
(c) The great city of Athens.
(d) The great Roman Republic.
5. The teeth turned into ______, who fought until five remained?
(a) Little dragons.
(b) Armed warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. The House of Atreus was one of the unluckiest __________ in Greek mythology.
2. Why did visiting the underworld mark Aeneas as a very special hero?
3. Why did Oedipus leave home and travel to Thebes?
4. Zeus snatched Callisto to safety and put her in the stars, where she became the __________________ constellation.
5. This king had been told in a prophecy that his daughter Lavinia was destined to marry __________, and he believed this referred to Aeneas.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)