|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two sisters escaped, but Tereus pursued them. The gods turned them all into what?
2. Midas was a king rewarded by ______________ with any gift he chose.
3. The _____________ were fifty women who killed their husbands on the wedding night, with the exception of Hypermnestra, who woke her husband and helped him escape.
4. Aurora, goddess of ___________, loved a mortal named Tithonus.
(b) The dawn.
(c) The night.
(d) The evening.
5. Modern scholarship usually dates The Odyssey to around the ______ century BC.
Short Answer Questions
1. After escaping from Troy, Aeneas traveled with whom to find a new home?
2. Amalthea was a _________ whose milk fed Zeus.
3. Procne was married to Tereus of Thrace, a son of Ares, who fell in love with ______________ and tricked her into a marriage before cutting out her tongue and locking her up.
4. Oedipus saved the city from _____________, a monster that asked riddles of travelers who passed by.
5. Orithyia's two sons were heroes who accompanied ____________ on his voyage.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)