|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pomona was a nymph of orchards who was loved by whom?
2. Pelops then refused to honor his bribe and killed Myrtilus, who _____________.
(a) Poisoned Pelops.
(b) Killed Pelops' children.
(c) Killed the princess before he died.
(d) Called down a curse on his already corrupted family.
3. Erysichthon was punished for cutting down a tree that was sacred to what goddess?
4. Proper _____________ was also considered very important in order to appease the spirits of the dead.
(b) Memorial services.
5. The teeth turned into ______, who fought until five remained?
(a) Armed warriors.
(d) Little dragons.
6. Pelops married Princess Hippodamia after defeating her father in ____________ to win her hand.
(a) Game of chess.
(b) A jousting match.
(c) A chariot race.
(d) A foot race.
7. Modern scholarship usually dates The Odyssey to around the ______ century BC.
8. This chapter gives brief summaries of _______________ more myths.
9. The House of Atreus was one of the unluckiest __________ in Greek mythology.
(c) Group of creatures.
10. Who were Atreus' children?
(a) Moschus and Apollodorus.
(b) Mimnermus and Antimachus.
(c) Moppian and Aratus.
(d) Menelaus and Agamemnon.
11. Aeneas stayed with her for a time, but eventually ___________ sent a message telling him to remember his great destiny and to sail for Italy.
12. This chapter describes a series of myths concerning the earliest kings and queens of Athens before who became king?
13. Amymone was pursued by a ________ but saved by Poseidon.
14. Midas asked for whatever he touched to turn to what?
15. King Laius heard a prophecy that his own son would kill him, so the baby was sent away to be left to die on a hillside. What did the servant do with the baby?
(a) He left it as he was told.
(b) He took it to the king and queen of Corinth.
(c) He kept it and raised it as his own.
(d) He killed it himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Odysseus blinded the Cyclops, he angered whom?
2. Queen Amata, the king's wife, was not happy with this and neither was Turnus, the Rutulian king. Why was Turnus not happy about this?
3. Clytie was a mortal woman who loved the Sun-god and pined away while watching the sun. What did she do after she was turned into a sunflower?
4. Creüsa was raped by what god?
5. The gods were furious and sent him to ______________, a section for punishment in the underworld.
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)