|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Queen __________ welcomed Aeneas' group.
2. The teeth turned into ______, who fought until five remained?
(a) Little dragons.
(d) Armed warriors.
3. The society Aeneas founded would one day flourish into ___________.
(a) The great city of Athens.
(b) The great nation of Greece.
(c) The great Roman Republic.
(d) The great nation of Italy.
4. Odysseus and his men faced man eating monsters and strange magic, losing how many ships on their journey?
(a) All but one ship.
(b) All of them.
(d) All but two ships.
5. Aeneas obeyed immediately, and the heartbroken Queen ______________.
(a) Committed suicide.
(b) Fell asleep and never woke up.
(c) Poisoned him.
(d) Poisoned herself.
6. The Odyssey was in many ways a celebration of what it meant to be ___________.
(a) Powerful, Greek.
(b) Intelligent, Greek.
(c) Wealthy, Greek.
(d) Civilized, Greek.
7. The two sisters escaped, but Tereus pursued them. The gods turned them all into what?
8. This king had been told in a prophecy that his daughter Lavinia was destined to marry __________, and he believed this referred to Aeneas.
(a) A stranger.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A Greek.
9. Odysseus rescued the men before visiting the dead prophet ________________ in the underworld.
10. Aeneas stayed with her for a time, but eventually ___________ sent a message telling him to remember his great destiny and to sail for Italy.
11. After killing some of the Sun-god's ______________, all of Odysseus' men were punished by drowning in a storm.
12. Cadmus founded the city of ___________ by killing a dragon and sowing its teeth.
13. Chiron was a wise and noble ______________ who looked after and trained heroes.
14. Pelops' sons Atreus and Thyestes quarreled over Thyestes' affair with whom?
(a) Princess Hippodamia.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Atreus' wife.
15. Creüsa was raped by what god?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Horn of Plenty, or the Cornucopia, was magically always full of what?
2. Why did Oedipus leave home and travel to Thebes?
3. Orithyia was carried away against her will by whom?
4. The story of Agamemnon shows how terrible acts could cause what?
5. How did this beautiful nymph feel about Glaucus?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)