|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Midas was a king rewarded by ______________ with any gift he chose.
2. Pomona was a nymph of orchards who was loved by whom?
3. The House of Thebes was in many ways as unlucky as the House of Atreus, but their troubles seemed ________.
(a) Much more deserved.
(b) Not as bad.
(c) A lot less deserved.
(d) Much worse.
4. Clytie was a mortal woman who loved the Sun-god and pined away while watching the sun. What did she do after she was turned into a sunflower?
(a) She wept yellow petals.
(b) She turned to face the sun.
(c) She died.
(d) She let her heavy head sink to the ground.
5. This son was worshiped afterward by the Greeks and the Romans as what?
(a) A god of forgiveness.
(b) A god of love.
(c) A god of healing.
(d) A god of peace.
6. Amalthea was a _________ whose milk fed Zeus.
7. The teeth turned into ______, who fought until five remained?
(a) Little dragons.
(b) Armed warriors.
8. With whom did Agamemnon's wife have an affair?
(a) His cousin Aegisthus.
(b) Her neighbor Aegisthus.
(c) Her brother-in-law Aegisthus.
(d) Her cousin Aegisthus.
9. This king had been told in a prophecy that his daughter Lavinia was destined to marry __________, and he believed this referred to Aeneas.
(a) A Greek.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) A stranger.
(d) A neighbor.
10. Whom did Atreus kill and serve for dinner?
(a) His own children.
(b) Princess Hippodamia's children.
(c) Hera's children.
(d) Thyestes' children.
11. When Aeneas and his group arrived in Italy, they were greeted warmly by __________, the local king.
12. This chapter describes a series of myths concerning the earliest kings and queens of Athens before who became king?
13. Who composed the Odyssey?
(a) The Greek bard Homer.
(b) The Roman bard Plato.
(c) The Roman bard Homer.
(d) The Greek bard Plato.
14. Who were Atreus' children?
(a) Moppian and Aratus.
(b) Menelaus and Agamemnon.
(c) Moschus and Apollodorus.
(d) Mimnermus and Antimachus.
15. __________ was a beautiful nymph who was loved by a sea god called Glaucus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form did Tereus take?
2. Aeneas visited the underworld briefly before sailing to a spot near the River __________ on the Italian coast.
3. Why was Dryope transformed into a tree?
4. Later, Midas was given ___________ by Apollo for siding with Pan instead of Apollo in a music contest.
5. Odysseus and his men faced man eating monsters and strange magic, losing how many ships on their journey?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)