Short Answer Key
Introduction to Classical Mythology
1. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
2. How did the Greek gods act?
In a very human manner.
3. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
4. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
5. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
As a way of understanding the world.
6. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
Morality and justice.
7. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
Displeasing and dishonoring the gods.
8. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no...
This section contains 3,148 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)