|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After killing some of the Sun-god's ______________, all of Odysseus' men were punished by drowning in a storm.
2. Aeneas obeyed immediately, and the heartbroken Queen ______________.
(a) Poisoned him.
(b) Poisoned herself.
(c) Committed suicide.
(d) Fell asleep and never woke up.
3. Chiron was a wise and noble ______________ who looked after and trained heroes.
4. Why was refusing someone a burial a serious affront to the gods?
(a) Burial rites were incredibly important in ancient Greece.
(b) Without a burial, the dead could not get to Mt. Olympus.
(c) The gods did not like to see death.
(d) The gods had created the burial ceremony.
5. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
2. What do these myths show?
3. __________ was a beautiful nymph who was loved by a sea god called Glaucus.
4. Aeneas stayed with her for a time, but eventually ___________ sent a message telling him to remember his great destiny and to sail for Italy.
5. Achilles could not stand the slight to his honor that Agamemnon brought about by ______________.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)