|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
(a) A swarm of locusts.
(b) A great flood.
(c) A plague.
(d) A great snow storm.
2. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
(b) Displeasing and dishonoring the gods.
3. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
(a) He buried it.
(b) He swallowed it.
(c) He suffocated it.
(d) He poisoned it.
4. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
5. Pegasus was used to help kill the fearsome monster called the Chimaera, which had the body and head of a fire-breathing _______, a goat's head in the middle of its back, and a snake for a tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. A huge tree called _______________ supported the universe, with roots that extended into the world of men, the realm of the frost giants, and the kingdom of Hel (the goddess of death).
2. Other Norse gods included the trickster __________, who was the son of a giant, Balder.
3. The inventor warned his son ______________.
4. These two sisters had __________ nieces.
5. Aeneas obeyed immediately, and the heartbroken Queen ______________.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)