|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
(a) The body.
(b) The soul.
(c) The heart.
(d) The mind.
2. What happened when King Minos locked this inventor up in his own labyrinth?
(a) The inventor poisoned the guards, so he and his son escaped.
(b) The inventor and his son jumped out of the window, with parachutes attached to their backs.
(c) The inventor constructed wings for him and his son Icarus to fly away.
(d) Using an invisibility cloak, he snuck himself and his son out of the labyrinth.
3. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
(a) He buried it.
(b) He suffocated it.
(c) He poisoned it.
(d) He swallowed it.
4. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
5. Amalthea was a _________ whose milk fed Zeus.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ was a beautiful nymph who was loved by a sea god called Glaucus.
2. When Zeus was born, what did Cronus' wife Rhea do?
3. Odysseus' adventures were told in the _________ poem The Odyssey.
4. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
5. Man was created from _________ tree, and woman from an elm.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)