|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
2. Theseus saved Athens from the cruelty of _______________, who demanded a tribute of seven maidens and seven young men every nine years to feed to the Minotaur.
(a) King Mimnermus of Crete.
(b) King Moschus of Crete.
(c) King Midas of Crete.
(d) King Minos of Crete.
3. When Odysseus blinded the Cyclops, he angered whom?
(a) The monster's uncle, Poseidon.
(b) The monster's cousin, Poseidon.
(c) The monster's brother, Poseidon.
(d) The monster's father, Poseidon.
4. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
(a) By hiding them in an enchanted tree.
(b) By tricking Talus.
(c) By calling the hounds of Hades to help.
(d) By calling for her mother.
5. Theseus became a good and just king of _________ and took part in many more adventures, such as the Calydonian Boar hunt and the fight between Centaurs and Lapiths.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Dryope transformed into a tree?
2. The House of Atreus was one of the unluckiest __________ in Greek mythology.
3. What happened to Antigone when she ignored Creon's edict and buried her brother?
4. ______________ was a great inventor who built the labyrinth for the Minotaur.
5. Procne was married to Tereus of Thrace, a son of Ares, who fell in love with ______________ and tricked her into a marriage before cutting out her tongue and locking her up.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)