|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
(a) A chariot accident.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A storm at sea.
(d) A flood.
2. Odysseus and his men faced man eating monsters and strange magic, losing how many ships on their journey?
(a) All of them.
(c) All but two ships.
(d) All but one ship.
3. Earlier heroes were superhuman individuals who fought alone against monsters and strange creatures, while the Trojan heroes fought whom?
(a) Monsters and strange creatures as part of an army.
(b) Other men as part of an army.
(c) Other men in small militias.
(d) Other men, alone.
4. The heroes of the Trojan War, also called __________ heroes, were slightly different from the older mythological heroes such as Hercules, Perseus and Theseus.
5. Who composed the Odyssey?
(a) The Greek bard Homer.
(b) The Roman bard Plato.
(c) The Roman bard Homer.
(d) The Greek bard Plato.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
2. Perseus was the son of Zeus and whom?
3. Norse mythology had a surprisingly _________________ side.
4. Who was the only Trojan prince to escape?
5. Important themes in the myths connected to the House of Thebes include the importance of proper respect for the gods, and the importance of ________,
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)