|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After killing some of the Sun-god's ______________, all of Odysseus' men were punished by drowning in a storm.
2. Who was the only Trojan prince to escape?
3. How was Achilles killed by Paris?
(a) Paris shot an arrow into Achilles' heel.
(b) Paris shot Achilles in the heart with an arrow.
(c) Paris stabbed Achilles' heel with his sword.
(d) Paris stabbed him in the heart.
4. On Perseus' return, he flew over _____________ where the maiden Andromeda was being sacrificed to a sea-monster to appease the anger of the sea-god and his nymphs.
5. Agamemnon had sacrificed whom to Artemis in order to set sail for Troy?
(a) His wife.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His niece.
(d) His own daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Oedipus leave home and travel to Thebes?
2. Amymone was pursued by a ________ but saved by Poseidon.
3. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
4. The teeth turned into ______, who fought until five remained?
5. The House of Atreus was one of the unluckiest __________ in Greek mythology.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)