|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________________ was the son of Apollo and a mortal woman whom Apollo killed for being unfaithful.
2. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
3. The House of Atreus was one of the unluckiest __________ in Greek mythology.
(c) Group of creatures.
4. King Laius heard a prophecy that his own son would kill him, so the baby was sent away to be left to die on a hillside. What did the servant do with the baby?
(a) He kept it and raised it as his own.
(b) He took it to the king and queen of Corinth.
(c) He killed it himself.
(d) He left it as he was told.
5. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aeneas stayed with her for a time, but eventually ___________ sent a message telling him to remember his great destiny and to sail for Italy.
2. Odin and his brothers created the world and the things in it from the dead body of what?
3. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
4. Norse mythology had a surprisingly _________________ side.
5. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)