|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Odin and his brothers created the world and the things in it from the dead body of what?
(a) The satyr Ymir.
(b) The giant Ymir.
(c) The polar bear Ymir.
(d) The elf Ymir.
2. Aeneas stayed with her for a time, but eventually ___________ sent a message telling him to remember his great destiny and to sail for Italy.
3. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
4. Pegasus was used to help kill the fearsome monster called the Chimaera, which had the body and head of a fire-breathing _______, a goat's head in the middle of its back, and a snake for a tail.
5. Midas asked for whatever he touched to turn to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Odyssey was in many ways a celebration of what it meant to be ___________.
2. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
3. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
4. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
5. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)