|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callisto was loved by Zeus and hated by Hera. Hera turned her into a _________ and arranged for her son to kill it.
2. Odysseus' journey home to Ithaca took him ______ years, and he faced many fierce monsters and dangerous people along the way.
3. Odysseus rescued the men before visiting the dead prophet ________________ in the underworld.
4. Pelops' sons Atreus and Thyestes quarreled over Thyestes' affair with whom?
(a) Atreus' wife.
(c) Princess Hippodamia.
(d) Their mother.
5. Odin and his brothers created the world and the things in it from the dead body of what?
(a) The satyr Ymir.
(b) The elf Ymir.
(c) The polar bear Ymir.
(d) The giant Ymir.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Antigone when she ignored Creon's edict and buried her brother?
2. Agamemnon's son Orestes was instructed by Apollo's oracle to slay the murderer of his father. This meant killing whom?
3. Later, Midas was given ___________ by Apollo for siding with Pan instead of Apollo in a music contest.
4. After killing some of the Sun-god's ______________, all of Odysseus' men were punished by drowning in a storm.
5. King Laius heard a prophecy that his own son would kill him, so the baby was sent away to be left to die on a hillside. What did the servant do with the baby?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)