|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story of the Trojan War was ______________ important and popular myths of the Greeks, and one which every educated Greek and Roman would have been familiar with.
(a) The most.
(b) At times one of the most.
(c) Not one of the most.
(d) One of the most.
2. Zeus snatched Callisto to safety and put her in the stars, where she became the __________________ constellation.
(a) The Owl.
(b) Great Bear.
(c) The Wild Duck.
(d) The Butterfly.
3. To whom was Helen married?
(a) King Perseus of Sparta.
(b) King Theseus of Athens.
(c) King Midas of Athens.
(d) King Menelaus of Sparta.
4. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was more powerful.
(b) She was Venus' younger sister.
(c) She was young and beautiful.
(d) She was more wealthy.
5. Men could only be truly heroic when what happened to them?
(a) They saved someone.
(b) They were faced with disaster.
(c) They were killed in battle.
(d) They fought the enemies of the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
2. ____________ was the god of light, archery, music, culture, healing, and prophecy.
3. Erysichthon was punished for cutting down a tree that was sacred to what goddess?
4. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
5. Clytie was a mortal woman who loved the Sun-god and pined away while watching the sun. What did she do after she was turned into a sunflower?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)