|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Men could only be truly heroic when what happened to them?
(a) They were killed in battle.
(b) They were faced with disaster.
(c) They saved someone.
(d) They fought the enemies of the gods.
2. King Laius of Thebes was a descendant of ______________, married to a distant cousin called Jocasta.
3. When a Trojan prince called Paris was asked to judge a beauty contest between three goddesses, who bribed him with the offer of the most beautiful woman in the world?
4. Erysichthon was punished for cutting down a tree that was sacred to what goddess?
5. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
Short Answer Questions
1. Procne became a ______________ that sang mournfully for her dead son whom she now regretted killing.
2. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
3. Aeneas obeyed immediately, and the heartbroken Queen ______________.
4. Agamemnon had sacrificed whom to Artemis in order to set sail for Troy?
5. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)