|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creüsa was raped by what god?
2. Why was Dryope transformed into a tree?
(a) She carved her name into a tree.
(b) She cut a tree down to build a fire.
(c) She accidentally harmed a nymph by picking flowers from a tree.
(d) She loved trees.
3. What happened to Antigone when she ignored Creon's edict and buried her brother?
(a) She was punished by being buried alive, hanging herself in the tomb rather than facing death by starvation.
(b) She was praised for her love for her brother.
(c) She was send to the underworld to suffer.
(d) She was run through with a sword.
4. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
(a) Orpheus must not touch her until she was in the land of the living again.
(b) Orpheus must not ever look upon her.
(c) Orpheus must never touch her.
(d) Orpheus must not look back at her until she was in the land of the living again.
5. This chapter gives brief summaries of _______________ more myths.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
2. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
3. Jason was the hero who set out to retrieve the Golden Fleece from whom?
4. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
5. To what did Atalanta challenge all her suitors?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)