|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Theseus was honored by the Athenians as a protector of _____________ and a great king of their city.
(a) The sick.
(b) The defenseless.
(c) The poor.
2. Hercules undertook ______________ seemingly impossible tasks for King Eurystheus of Mycenae in order to punish and purify himself for the murder of his family.
3. This son was worshiped afterward by the Greeks and the Romans as what?
(a) A god of healing.
(b) A god of peace.
(c) A god of love.
(d) A god of forgiveness.
4. Pegasus was used to help kill the fearsome monster called the Chimaera, which had the body and head of a fire-breathing _______, a goat's head in the middle of its back, and a snake for a tail.
5. Callisto was loved by Zeus and hated by Hera. Hera turned her into a _________ and arranged for her son to kill it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pelops then refused to honor his bribe and killed Myrtilus, who _____________.
2. Why was Dryope transformed into a tree?
3. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
4. Whose family survived Zeus' anger?
5. Orithyia was carried away against her will by whom?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)