|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
(a) He buried it.
(b) He swallowed it.
(c) He poisoned it.
(d) He suffocated it.
2. What happened to Antigone when she ignored Creon's edict and buried her brother?
(a) She was send to the underworld to suffer.
(b) She was punished by being buried alive, hanging herself in the tomb rather than facing death by starvation.
(c) She was run through with a sword.
(d) She was praised for her love for her brother.
3. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
4. This bad luck began with Tantalus, who served up his own son at a banquet for the gods, perhaps to do what?
(a) Test or mock them.
(b) Poison them.
(c) Disgust them.
(d) Confuse them.
5. Amymone was pursued by a ________ but saved by Poseidon.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
2. The Horn of Plenty, or the Cornucopia, was magically always full of what?
3. The two sisters escaped, but Tereus pursued them. The gods turned them all into what?
4. Why did visiting the underworld mark Aeneas as a very special hero?
5. How was Achilles killed by Paris?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)