|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Perseus' return, he flew over _____________ where the maiden Andromeda was being sacrificed to a sea-monster to appease the anger of the sea-god and his nymphs.
2. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
(a) Their religious leaders.
(b) Their parents.
(c) Their neighbors.
(d) The gods.
3. Heroes who were chosen by the ________________ to go to Valhalla after death would also fight in this battle.
4. This bad luck began with Tantalus, who served up his own son at a banquet for the gods, perhaps to do what?
(a) Test or mock them.
(b) Disgust them.
(c) Poison them.
(d) Confuse them.
5. When Odysseus blinded the Cyclops, he angered whom?
(a) The monster's father, Poseidon.
(b) The monster's brother, Poseidon.
(c) The monster's uncle, Poseidon.
(d) The monster's cousin, Poseidon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Midas asked for whatever he touched to turn to what?
2. Jason was the hero who set out to retrieve the Golden Fleece from whom?
3. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
4. The heroes of the Trojan War, also called __________ heroes, were slightly different from the older mythological heroes such as Hercules, Perseus and Theseus.
5. On Circe's island the men were turned into what?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)