|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the fatal flaw of most Greek heroes?
(a) Their egos.
(b) Their physical weakness.
(c) Their intelligence.
(d) Their empathy for mankind.
2. What do these myths show?
(a) How loving the gods could sometimes be.
(b) How cruel the gods could sometimes be.
(c) How self-indulgent the gods could sometimes be.
(d) How forgetful the gods could sometimes be.
3. Cadmus founded the city of ___________ by killing a dragon and sowing its teeth.
4. __________ was a beautiful nymph who was loved by a sea god called Glaucus.
5. Aeneas stayed with her for a time, but eventually ___________ sent a message telling him to remember his great destiny and to sail for Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
2. Pegasus was used to help kill the fearsome monster called the Chimaera, which had the body and head of a fire-breathing _______, a goat's head in the middle of its back, and a snake for a tail.
3. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
4. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
5. A huge tree called _______________ supported the universe, with roots that extended into the world of men, the realm of the frost giants, and the kingdom of Hel (the goddess of death).
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)