|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zeus snatched Callisto to safety and put her in the stars, where she became the __________________ constellation.
(a) The Butterfly.
(b) Great Bear.
(c) The Wild Duck.
(d) The Owl.
2. The story of the Trojan War was ______________ important and popular myths of the Greeks, and one which every educated Greek and Roman would have been familiar with.
(a) One of the most.
(b) The most.
(c) Not one of the most.
(d) At times one of the most.
3. What happened to Antigone when she ignored Creon's edict and buried her brother?
(a) She was punished by being buried alive, hanging herself in the tomb rather than facing death by starvation.
(b) She was send to the underworld to suffer.
(c) She was praised for her love for her brother.
(d) She was run through with a sword.
4. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
(a) Their religious leaders.
(b) Their neighbors.
(c) The gods.
(d) Their parents.
5. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
(a) The gods did not create the universe or the world.
(b) The gods were not kind to mankind.
(c) The gods are more powerful than man.
(d) The gods had different personalities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hercules kill his wife and children?
2. This story is very different from the other myths in the book for ____________ reasons.
3. Why was Dryope transformed into a tree?
4. Who were Atreus' children?
5. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)