|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Odysseus' journey home to Ithaca took him ______ years, and he faced many fierce monsters and dangerous people along the way.
2. What was the fatal flaw of most Greek heroes?
(a) Their physical weakness.
(b) Their intelligence.
(c) Their empathy for mankind.
(d) Their egos.
3. Pelops then refused to honor his bribe and killed Myrtilus, who _____________.
(a) Killed the princess before he died.
(b) Called down a curse on his already corrupted family.
(c) Poisoned Pelops.
(d) Killed Pelops' children.
4. How did this beautiful nymph feel about Glaucus?
5. The gods were furious and sent him to ______________, a section for punishment in the underworld.
Short Answer Questions
1. Minerva beat Arachne for her insolence and destroyed her work. What did Arachne do?
2. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
3. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
4. Signy was a woman whose ______________ killed her father and brothers.
5. Pelops' sons Atreus and Thyestes quarreled over Thyestes' affair with whom?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)