|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heroes who were chosen by the ________________ to go to Valhalla after death would also fight in this battle.
2. The heroes of the Trojan War, also called __________ heroes, were slightly different from the older mythological heroes such as Hercules, Perseus and Theseus.
3. This story is very different from the other myths in the book for ____________ reasons.
(b) Very few.
4. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
5. This son was worshiped afterward by the Greeks and the Romans as what?
(a) A god of love.
(b) A god of forgiveness.
(c) A god of peace.
(d) A god of healing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Earlier heroes were superhuman individuals who fought alone against monsters and strange creatures, while the Trojan heroes fought whom?
2. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
3. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
4. Phaёthon was the son of the Sun-god ____________.
5. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)