|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
2. One of the earliest kings was _______________, who ruled at the time Demeter brought agriculture to earth.
3. To whom was Helen married?
(a) King Perseus of Sparta.
(b) King Theseus of Athens.
(c) King Midas of Athens.
(d) King Menelaus of Sparta.
4. This son was worshiped afterward by the Greeks and the Romans as what?
(a) A god of healing.
(b) A god of peace.
(c) A god of forgiveness.
(d) A god of love.
5. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aeneas visited the underworld briefly before sailing to a spot near the River __________ on the Italian coast.
2. Man was created from _________ tree, and woman from an elm.
3. Theseus was honored by the Athenians as a protector of _____________ and a great king of their city.
4. __________ was a beautiful nymph who was loved by a sea god called Glaucus.
5. The _____________ were fifty women who killed their husbands on the wedding night, with the exception of Hypermnestra, who woke her husband and helped him escape.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)