|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aurora, goddess of ___________, loved a mortal named Tithonus.
(a) The night.
(b) The dawn.
(d) The evening.
2. This bad luck began with Tantalus, who served up his own son at a banquet for the gods, perhaps to do what?
(a) Poison them.
(b) Disgust them.
(c) Confuse them.
(d) Test or mock them.
3. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
4. Pelops then refused to honor his bribe and killed Myrtilus, who _____________.
(a) Poisoned Pelops.
(b) Killed Pelops' children.
(c) Called down a curse on his already corrupted family.
(d) Killed the princess before he died.
5. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) The Romans' images.
(b) The leaders' images.
(c) Their own.
(d) No one's image.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orithyia's two sons were heroes who accompanied ____________ on his voyage.
2. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
3. When Zeus was born, what did Cronus' wife Rhea do?
4. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
5. Theseus saved Athens from the cruelty of _______________, who demanded a tribute of seven maidens and seven young men every nine years to feed to the Minotaur.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)