|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The House of Atreus was one of the unluckiest __________ in Greek mythology.
(d) Group of creatures.
2. Aeneas obeyed immediately, and the heartbroken Queen ______________.
(a) Fell asleep and never woke up.
(b) Poisoned him.
(c) Committed suicide.
(d) Poisoned herself.
3. It was a moral tale that taught proper behavior toward whom?
(b) One's family.
(c) One's neighbors and the gods.
(d) The gods.
4. Clytie was a mortal woman who loved the Sun-god and pined away while watching the sun. What did she do after she was turned into a sunflower?
(a) She died.
(b) She wept yellow petals.
(c) She turned to face the sun.
(d) She let her heavy head sink to the ground.
5. Sigurd won Brynhild by doing what?
(a) Solving a riddle the fastest.
(b) Being the most deserved man for her.
(c) Crossing a ring of fire to awaken her from her enchanted sleep.
(d) Beating everyone else in a foot race.
Short Answer Questions
1. Amymone was pursued by a ________ but saved by Poseidon.
2. Odysseus' journey home to Ithaca took him ______ years, and he faced many fierce monsters and dangerous people along the way.
3. How did the Greek gods act?
4. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
5. Hercules was the son of Zeus and whom?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)