|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven. The Mythology of the Norsemen - The Stories of Signy and of Sigurd, and The Norse Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was Venus' younger sister.
(b) She was more powerful.
(c) She was young and beautiful.
(d) She was more wealthy.
2. Phaёthon was the son of the Sun-god ____________.
3. Unlike the Greek gods, the Norse gods were fully capable of what?
(a) Being completely god-like.
(b) Being human.
(c) Being heroic and noble.
(d) Destroying the universe.
4. Theseus saved Athens from the cruelty of _______________, who demanded a tribute of seven maidens and seven young men every nine years to feed to the Minotaur.
(a) King Minos of Crete.
(b) King Moschus of Crete.
(c) King Mimnermus of Crete.
(d) King Midas of Crete.
5. It was a moral tale that taught proper behavior toward whom?
(b) One's neighbors and the gods.
(c) The gods.
(d) One's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greeks finally won the war with __________.
2. Odysseus' journey home to Ithaca took him ______ years, and he faced many fierce monsters and dangerous people along the way.
3. Atalanta was raised by ____________ and became a great huntress.
4. In one version of the story of the creation of man, the gods created different races of men based on _________.
5. Oedipus saved the city from _____________, a monster that asked riddles of travelers who passed by.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)