|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was Venus' younger sister.
(b) She was more wealthy.
(c) She was young and beautiful.
(d) She was more powerful.
2. Hercules was the son of Zeus and whom?
(a) A nymph.
(b) A mortal woman.
3. Oedipus saved the city from _____________, a monster that asked riddles of travelers who passed by.
(a) The Lynx.
(b) The Succubus.
(c) The Sphinx.
(d) The Gargoyle.
4. Aeneas visited the underworld briefly before sailing to a spot near the River __________ on the Italian coast.
5. What happened to Antigone when she ignored Creon's edict and buried her brother?
(a) She was run through with a sword.
(b) She was praised for her love for her brother.
(c) She was punished by being buried alive, hanging herself in the tomb rather than facing death by starvation.
(d) She was send to the underworld to suffer.
Short Answer Questions
1. After escaping from Troy, Aeneas traveled with whom to find a new home?
2. Theseus saved Athens from the cruelty of _______________, who demanded a tribute of seven maidens and seven young men every nine years to feed to the Minotaur.
3. Whom did Atreus kill and serve for dinner?
4. What did Medea do to the daughter of the king of Corinth?
5. Procris was happily married to Cephalus, until one day Aurora, the goddess of the dawn, ____________.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)