|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did visiting the underworld mark Aeneas as a very special hero?
(a) Only a few mortals in the Greek myths went to the underworld and returned.
(b) Most mortals had no interest in going to the underworld.
(c) Only a few mortals made it to the underworld.
(d) Mortals were not allowed to visit the underworld; this was a place for only the gods.
2. Perseus was famous for killing ___________, a Gorgon whose gaze could turn a man to stone.
3. Pelops married Princess Hippodamia after defeating her father in ____________ to win her hand.
(a) A chariot race.
(b) A jousting match.
(c) Game of chess.
(d) A foot race.
4. What happened to Antigone when she ignored Creon's edict and buried her brother?
(a) She was praised for her love for her brother.
(b) She was send to the underworld to suffer.
(c) She was run through with a sword.
(d) She was punished by being buried alive, hanging herself in the tomb rather than facing death by starvation.
5. Pelops then refused to honor his bribe and killed Myrtilus, who _____________.
(a) Called down a curse on his already corrupted family.
(b) Poisoned Pelops.
(c) Killed Pelops' children.
(d) Killed the princess before he died.
Short Answer Questions
1. The House of Atreus was one of the unluckiest __________ in Greek mythology.
2. What do these myths show?
3. The abduction of Helen began a _____ year war between Greece and Troy, with many heroes on both sides.
4. The story of Agamemnon shows how terrible acts could cause what?
5. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)