|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
2. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
3. Oedipus saved the city from _____________, a monster that asked riddles of travelers who passed by.
(a) The Gargoyle.
(b) The Lynx.
(c) The Succubus.
(d) The Sphinx.
4. After killing some of the Sun-god's ______________, all of Odysseus' men were punished by drowning in a storm.
5. The story of Agamemnon shows how terrible acts could cause what?
(a) Problems for an entire city or nation.
(c) Punishment from the gods on the individual performing these terrible acts.
(d) A form religious pollution.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
2. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
3. Agamemnon had sacrificed whom to Artemis in order to set sail for Troy?
4. This story is very different from the other myths in the book for ____________ reasons.
5. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)