|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
2. This chapter describes a series of myths concerning the earliest kings and queens of Athens before who became king?
3. This king had been told in a prophecy that his daughter Lavinia was destined to marry __________, and he believed this referred to Aeneas.
(a) A Greek.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) A stranger.
(d) A neighbor.
4. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
5. Cadmus married _____________, the daughter of Aphrodite and Ares.
Short Answer Questions
1. The gods were furious and sent him to ______________, a section for punishment in the underworld.
2. This story is very different from the other myths in the book for ____________ reasons.
3. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
4. When Aeneas and his group arrived in Italy, they were greeted warmly by __________, the local king.
5. Achilles could not stand the slight to his honor that Agamemnon brought about by ______________.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)