|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
(a) Psyche was always helped by sympathetic creatures.
(b) Psyche ignored Venus' tasks.
(c) Psyche could easily complete them.
(d) Psyche was unable to complete them.
2. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
3. Odysseus alone survived and washed up on the shore of the island of ______________, where a sea-nymph who kept him captive for years.
4. After killing some of the Sun-god's ______________, all of Odysseus' men were punished by drowning in a storm.
5. The society Aeneas founded would one day flourish into ___________.
(a) The great nation of Greece.
(b) The great Roman Republic.
(c) The great nation of Italy.
(d) The great city of Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
2. The Greeks finally won the war with __________.
3. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
4. King Laius heard a prophecy that his own son would kill him, so the baby was sent away to be left to die on a hillside. What did the servant do with the baby?
5. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)