|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
2. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
3. Aeneas stayed with her for a time, but eventually ___________ sent a message telling him to remember his great destiny and to sail for Italy.
4. Pelops then refused to honor his bribe and killed Myrtilus, who _____________.
(a) Called down a curse on his already corrupted family.
(b) Poisoned Pelops.
(c) Killed the princess before he died.
(d) Killed Pelops' children.
5. The heroes of the Trojan War, also called __________ heroes, were slightly different from the older mythological heroes such as Hercules, Perseus and Theseus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agamemnon had sacrificed whom to Artemis in order to set sail for Troy?
2. Who was the only Trojan prince to escape?
3. What form did Tereus take?
4. The Greeks finally won the war with __________.
5. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)