|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The teeth turned into ______, who fought until five remained?
(a) Armed warriors.
(b) Little dragons.
2. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
3. When a Trojan prince called Paris was asked to judge a beauty contest between three goddesses, who bribed him with the offer of the most beautiful woman in the world?
4. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
(a) The gods did not create the universe or the world.
(b) The gods had different personalities.
(c) The gods were not kind to mankind.
(d) The gods are more powerful than man.
5. What was the fatal flaw of most Greek heroes?
(a) Their egos.
(b) Their empathy for mankind.
(c) Their intelligence.
(d) Their physical weakness.
Short Answer Questions
1. The society Aeneas founded would one day flourish into ___________.
2. Important themes in the myths connected to the House of Thebes include the importance of proper respect for the gods, and the importance of ________,
3. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
4. Hercules undertook ______________ seemingly impossible tasks for King Eurystheus of Mycenae in order to punish and purify himself for the murder of his family.
5. Achilles could not stand the slight to his honor that Agamemnon brought about by ______________.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)