|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
2. When Odysseus blinded the Cyclops, he angered whom?
(a) The monster's uncle, Poseidon.
(b) The monster's cousin, Poseidon.
(c) The monster's father, Poseidon.
(d) The monster's brother, Poseidon.
3. This chapter describes a series of myths concerning the earliest kings and queens of Athens before who became king?
4. When a Trojan prince called Paris was asked to judge a beauty contest between three goddesses, who bribed him with the offer of the most beautiful woman in the world?
5. Why did visiting the underworld mark Aeneas as a very special hero?
(a) Mortals were not allowed to visit the underworld; this was a place for only the gods.
(b) Most mortals had no interest in going to the underworld.
(c) Only a few mortals in the Greek myths went to the underworld and returned.
(d) Only a few mortals made it to the underworld.
Short Answer Questions
1. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
2. Cadmus founded the city of ___________ by killing a dragon and sowing its teeth.
3. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
4. King Laius of Thebes was a descendant of ______________, married to a distant cousin called Jocasta.
5. This bad luck began with Tantalus, who served up his own son at a banquet for the gods, perhaps to do what?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)