|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Theseus was honored by the Athenians as a protector of _____________ and a great king of their city.
(a) The poor.
(b) The sick.
(d) The defenseless.
2. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) The leaders' images.
(b) No one's image.
(c) Their own.
(d) The Romans' images.
3. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
(a) Look upon him.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Speak his name.
(d) Touch him.
4. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
5. Agamemnon had sacrificed whom to Artemis in order to set sail for Troy?
(a) His own daughter.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His niece.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pegasus was used to help kill the fearsome monster called the Chimaera, which had the body and head of a fire-breathing _______, a goat's head in the middle of its back, and a snake for a tail.
2. Theseus became a good and just king of _________ and took part in many more adventures, such as the Calydonian Boar hunt and the fight between Centaurs and Lapiths.
3. Queen Amata, the king's wife, was not happy with this and neither was Turnus, the Rutulian king. Why was Turnus not happy about this?
4. On Circe's island the men were turned into what?
5. Why did Oedipus leave home and travel to Thebes?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)