|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Oedipus leave home and travel to Thebes?
(a) He heard a prophecy that he would kill his father and marry his mother.
(b) He was unhappy at home.
(c) He had a falling-out with his parents.
(d) He wanted adventure.
2. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
(a) He suffocated it.
(b) He poisoned it.
(c) He buried it.
(d) He swallowed it.
3. Theseus was honored by the Athenians as a protector of _____________ and a great king of their city.
(a) The defenseless.
(c) The sick.
(d) The poor.
4. Orithyia was carried away against her will by whom?
(a) The god of the South Wind, Boreas.
(b) The god of the West Wind, Boreas.
(c) The god of the East Wind, Boreas.
(d) The god of the North Wind, Boreas.
5. Orithyia's two sons were heroes who accompanied ____________ on his voyage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hercules kill his wife and children?
2. To what did Atalanta challenge all her suitors?
3. Odysseus rescued the men before visiting the dead prophet ________________ in the underworld.
4. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
5. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)