|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two sisters escaped, but Tereus pursued them. The gods turned them all into what?
2. The society Aeneas founded would one day flourish into ___________.
(a) The great city of Athens.
(b) The great nation of Greece.
(c) The great nation of Italy.
(d) The great Roman Republic.
3. Who was Medea?
(a) Titan's wife.
(b) Aeetes' daughter.
(c) Nguyen's sister.
(d) Tut's neice.
4. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
(a) He suffocated it.
(b) He swallowed it.
(c) He poisoned it.
(d) He buried it.
5. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Theseus was honored by the Athenians as a protector of _____________ and a great king of their city.
2. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
3. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
4. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
5. Queen __________ welcomed Aeneas' group.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)