|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Atalanta was raised by ____________ and became a great huntress.
(a) A she-tiger.
(b) A she-bear.
(c) A she-wolf.
(d) A she-fox.
2. Hercules undertook ______________ seemingly impossible tasks for King Eurystheus of Mycenae in order to punish and purify himself for the murder of his family.
3. Orithyia's two sons were heroes who accompanied ____________ on his voyage.
4. Pelops then refused to honor his bribe and killed Myrtilus, who _____________.
(a) Killed the princess before he died.
(b) Poisoned Pelops.
(c) Called down a curse on his already corrupted family.
(d) Killed Pelops' children.
5. The House of Thebes was in many ways as unlucky as the House of Atreus, but their troubles seemed ________.
(a) Much more deserved.
(b) Much worse.
(c) A lot less deserved.
(d) Not as bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oedipus saved the city from _____________, a monster that asked riddles of travelers who passed by.
2. After killing some of the Sun-god's ______________, all of Odysseus' men were punished by drowning in a storm.
3. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
4. The story of the Trojan War was ______________ important and popular myths of the Greeks, and one which every educated Greek and Roman would have been familiar with.
5. What happened to Antigone when she ignored Creon's edict and buried her brother?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)