|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jason was the hero who set out to retrieve the Golden Fleece from whom?
(a) King Titan of Colchis.
(b) King Aeetes of Colchis.
(c) King Tut of Egypt.
(d) King Nguyen of Siam.
2. Aeneas stayed with her for a time, but eventually ___________ sent a message telling him to remember his great destiny and to sail for Italy.
3. Perseus was the son of Zeus and whom?
(d) A mortal woman.
4. Procne was married to Tereus of Thrace, a son of Ares, who fell in love with ______________ and tricked her into a marriage before cutting out her tongue and locking her up.
5. The story of Agamemnon shows how terrible acts could cause what?
(b) Problems for an entire city or nation.
(c) Punishment from the gods on the individual performing these terrible acts.
(d) A form religious pollution.
Short Answer Questions
1. After killing some of the Sun-god's ______________, all of Odysseus' men were punished by drowning in a storm.
2. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
3. The heroes of the Trojan War, also called __________ heroes, were slightly different from the older mythological heroes such as Hercules, Perseus and Theseus.
4. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
5. When Aeneas and his group arrived in Italy, they were greeted warmly by __________, the local king.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)