|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
2. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
(a) A flood.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A storm at sea.
(d) A chariot accident.
3. Important themes in the myths connected to the House of Thebes include the importance of proper respect for the gods, and the importance of ________,
(a) Respect for one's elders.
(c) Proper burial.
(d) Human life.
4. Why did Oedipus leave home and travel to Thebes?
(a) He heard a prophecy that he would kill his father and marry his mother.
(b) He was unhappy at home.
(c) He had a falling-out with his parents.
(d) He wanted adventure.
5. On Circe's island the men were turned into what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
2. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
3. Theseus became a good and just king of _________ and took part in many more adventures, such as the Calydonian Boar hunt and the fight between Centaurs and Lapiths.
4. Creüsa was raped by what god?
5. Procne was married to Tereus of Thrace, a son of Ares, who fell in love with ______________ and tricked her into a marriage before cutting out her tongue and locking her up.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)