|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
(a) A pine tree.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A spruce tree.
(d) A mulberry tree.
2. The House of Thebes was in many ways as unlucky as the House of Atreus, but their troubles seemed ________.
(a) Not as bad.
(b) Much more deserved.
(c) A lot less deserved.
(d) Much worse.
3. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
4. Pegasus was used to help kill the fearsome monster called the Chimaera, which had the body and head of a fire-breathing _______, a goat's head in the middle of its back, and a snake for a tail.
5. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jocasta and Oedipus do when they realized they were mother and son?
2. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
3. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
4. Aeneas visited the underworld briefly before sailing to a spot near the River __________ on the Italian coast.
5. How did the Greek gods act?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)