|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The society Aeneas founded would one day flourish into ___________.
(a) The great Roman Republic.
(b) The great nation of Greece.
(c) The great city of Athens.
(d) The great nation of Italy.
2. Pelops then refused to honor his bribe and killed Myrtilus, who _____________.
(a) Killed Pelops' children.
(b) Poisoned Pelops.
(c) Called down a curse on his already corrupted family.
(d) Killed the princess before he died.
3. Perseus was famous for killing ___________, a Gorgon whose gaze could turn a man to stone.
4. Aeneas stayed with her for a time, but eventually ___________ sent a message telling him to remember his great destiny and to sail for Italy.
5. Procne was married to Tereus of Thrace, a son of Ares, who fell in love with ______________ and tricked her into a marriage before cutting out her tongue and locking her up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
2. To whom was Helen married?
3. The two sisters escaped, but Tereus pursued them. The gods turned them all into what?
4. Cadmus founded the city of ___________ by killing a dragon and sowing its teeth.
5. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)