|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
2. Cadmus married _____________, the daughter of Aphrodite and Ares.
3. Theseus was honored by the Athenians as a protector of _____________ and a great king of their city.
(a) The defenseless.
(c) The sick.
(d) The poor.
4. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was more wealthy.
(b) She was Venus' younger sister.
(c) She was young and beautiful.
(d) She was more powerful.
5. When they reached home, Medea helped Jason take revenge on whom?
(a) Pelias, his father's murderer.
(b) Polyeidosis, his sister's murderer.
(c) Phemonoe, his brother's murderer.
(d) Phanocles, his mother's murderer .
Short Answer Questions
1. On Perseus' return, he flew over _____________ where the maiden Andromeda was being sacrificed to a sea-monster to appease the anger of the sea-god and his nymphs.
2. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
3. This king had been told in a prophecy that his daughter Lavinia was destined to marry __________, and he believed this referred to Aeneas.
4. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
5. Perseus was the son of Zeus and whom?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)