|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The society Aeneas founded would one day flourish into ___________.
(a) The great city of Athens.
(b) The great nation of Italy.
(c) The great Roman Republic.
(d) The great nation of Greece.
2. Hercules undertook ______________ seemingly impossible tasks for King Eurystheus of Mycenae in order to punish and purify himself for the murder of his family.
3. Pelops then refused to honor his bribe and killed Myrtilus, who _____________.
(a) Killed Pelops' children.
(b) Poisoned Pelops.
(c) Killed the princess before he died.
(d) Called down a curse on his already corrupted family.
4. Perseus was the son of Zeus and whom?
(b) A mortal woman.
5. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
(a) Speak his name.
(b) Touch him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Look upon him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Queen Amata, the king's wife, was not happy with this and neither was Turnus, the Rutulian king. Why was Turnus not happy about this?
2. What was the fatal flaw of most Greek heroes?
3. Pelops married Princess Hippodamia after defeating her father in ____________ to win her hand.
4. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
5. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)