|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
(a) Look upon him.
(b) Touch him.
(c) Speak his name.
(d) Kiss him.
2. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
3. Modern scholarship usually dates The Odyssey to around the ______ century BC.
4. Earlier heroes were superhuman individuals who fought alone against monsters and strange creatures, while the Trojan heroes fought whom?
(a) Other men in small militias.
(b) Other men as part of an army.
(c) Other men, alone.
(d) Monsters and strange creatures as part of an army.
5. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the fatal flaw of most Greek heroes?
2. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
3. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
4. Pegasus was used to help kill the fearsome monster called the Chimaera, which had the body and head of a fire-breathing _______, a goat's head in the middle of its back, and a snake for a tail.
5. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)