|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______________ was a great inventor who built the labyrinth for the Minotaur.
2. Perseus was famous for killing ___________, a Gorgon whose gaze could turn a man to stone.
3. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) Their own.
(b) The Romans' images.
(c) No one's image.
(d) The leaders' images.
4. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
(a) As a way of connecting to the gods.
(b) As a way of understanding the world.
(c) As a way of understanding the heavens.
(d) As a way of teaching moral lessons.
5. The Odyssey was in many ways a celebration of what it meant to be ___________.
(a) Powerful, Greek.
(b) Civilized, Greek.
(c) Intelligent, Greek.
(d) Wealthy, Greek.
Short Answer Questions
1. This bad luck began with Tantalus, who served up his own son at a banquet for the gods, perhaps to do what?
2. Pegasus was used to help kill the fearsome monster called the Chimaera, which had the body and head of a fire-breathing _______, a goat's head in the middle of its back, and a snake for a tail.
3. Odysseus' journey home to Ithaca took him ______ years, and he faced many fierce monsters and dangerous people along the way.
4. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
5. Odysseus rescued the men before visiting the dead prophet ________________ in the underworld.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)