|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
(a) A great flood.
(b) A swarm of locusts.
(c) A plague.
(d) A great snow storm.
2. Odysseus and his men faced man eating monsters and strange magic, losing how many ships on their journey?
(a) All but one ship.
(c) All of them.
(d) All but two ships.
3. Aeneas stayed with her for a time, but eventually ___________ sent a message telling him to remember his great destiny and to sail for Italy.
4. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
(a) Juno and Pluto.
(b) Jupiter and Mercury.
(c) Jupiter and Juno.
(d) Mars and Mercury.
5. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) The Romans' images.
(b) The leaders' images.
(c) Their own.
(d) No one's image.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
2. Aeneas obeyed immediately, and the heartbroken Queen ______________.
3. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
4. The heroes of the Trojan War, also called __________ heroes, were slightly different from the older mythological heroes such as Hercules, Perseus and Theseus.
5. The Odyssey was in many ways a celebration of what it meant to be ___________.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)