|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Odysseus rescued the men before visiting the dead prophet ________________ in the underworld.
2. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
(a) The gods did not create the universe or the world.
(b) The gods are more powerful than man.
(c) The gods were not kind to mankind.
(d) The gods had different personalities.
3. ______________ was a great inventor who built the labyrinth for the Minotaur.
4. The gods were furious and sent him to ______________, a section for punishment in the underworld.
5. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
2. Phaёthon was the son of the Sun-god ____________.
3. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
4. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
5. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)