|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Achilles could not stand the slight to his honor that Agamemnon brought about by ______________.
(a) Claiming his property.
(b) Claiming his wife.
(c) Claiming his daughter.
(d) Claiming his slave-girl.
2. Who was the only Trojan prince to escape?
3. Aeneas obeyed immediately, and the heartbroken Queen ______________.
(a) Committed suicide.
(b) Poisoned him.
(c) Fell asleep and never woke up.
(d) Poisoned herself.
4. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
5. When they reached home, Medea helped Jason take revenge on whom?
(a) Pelias, his father's murderer.
(b) Phanocles, his mother's murderer .
(c) Polyeidosis, his sister's murderer.
(d) Phemonoe, his brother's murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
2. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
3. Pelops' sons Atreus and Thyestes quarreled over Thyestes' affair with whom?
4. Phaёthon was the son of the Sun-god ____________.
5. Theseus saved Athens from the cruelty of _______________, who demanded a tribute of seven maidens and seven young men every nine years to feed to the Minotaur.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)