|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
2. The story of the Trojan War was ______________ important and popular myths of the Greeks, and one which every educated Greek and Roman would have been familiar with.
(a) At times one of the most.
(b) One of the most.
(c) Not one of the most.
(d) The most.
3. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
4. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
5. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did visiting the underworld mark Aeneas as a very special hero?
2. The story of Agamemnon shows how terrible acts could cause what?
3. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
4. The abduction of Helen began a _____ year war between Greece and Troy, with many heroes on both sides.
5. Pelops then refused to honor his bribe and killed Myrtilus, who _____________.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)