|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who composed the Odyssey?
(a) The Roman bard Homer.
(b) The Greek bard Homer.
(c) The Greek bard Plato.
(d) The Roman bard Plato.
2. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) The Romans' images.
(b) No one's image.
(c) The leaders' images.
(d) Their own.
3. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
4. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
(a) Orpheus must not ever look upon her.
(b) Orpheus must not look back at her until she was in the land of the living again.
(c) Orpheus must not touch her until she was in the land of the living again.
(d) Orpheus must never touch her.
5. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. Apollo (also known as Apollo to the Romans) and _________ were the children of Zeus and Leto.
2. Hercules was the son of Zeus and whom?
3. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
4. Why did Hercules kill his wife and children?
5. Earlier heroes were superhuman individuals who fought alone against monsters and strange creatures, while the Trojan heroes fought whom?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)