|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The heroes of the Trojan War, also called __________ heroes, were slightly different from the older mythological heroes such as Hercules, Perseus and Theseus.
2. Earlier heroes were superhuman individuals who fought alone against monsters and strange creatures, while the Trojan heroes fought whom?
(a) Other men in small militias.
(b) Other men as part of an army.
(c) Other men, alone.
(d) Monsters and strange creatures as part of an army.
3. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
(a) A flood.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A storm at sea.
(d) A chariot accident.
4. Who was Medea?
(a) Aeetes' daughter.
(b) Titan's wife.
(c) Nguyen's sister.
(d) Tut's neice.
5. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
(a) By calling for her mother.
(b) By calling the hounds of Hades to help.
(c) By tricking Talus.
(d) By hiding them in an enchanted tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
2. This story is very different from the other myths in the book for ____________ reasons.
3. After escaping from Troy, Aeneas traveled with whom to find a new home?
4. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
5. How did the Greek gods act?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)