|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when King Minos locked this inventor up in his own labyrinth?
(a) The inventor and his son jumped out of the window, with parachutes attached to their backs.
(b) The inventor poisoned the guards, so he and his son escaped.
(c) The inventor constructed wings for him and his son Icarus to fly away.
(d) Using an invisibility cloak, he snuck himself and his son out of the labyrinth.
2. Odysseus alone survived and washed up on the shore of the island of ______________, where a sea-nymph who kept him captive for years.
3. Aeneas visited the underworld briefly before sailing to a spot near the River __________ on the Italian coast.
4. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
5. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Phaёthon was the son of the Sun-god ____________.
2. Queen Amata, the king's wife, was not happy with this and neither was Turnus, the Rutulian king. Why was Turnus not happy about this?
3. Odysseus' adventures were told in the _________ poem The Odyssey.
4. After escaping from Troy, Aeneas traveled with whom to find a new home?
5. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)