|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
2. After escaping from Troy, Aeneas traveled with whom to find a new home?
(a) His wife and children.
(b) His father and son.
(c) His son, father, and a group of other survivors.
(d) His men.
3. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
4. Aeneas obeyed immediately, and the heartbroken Queen ______________.
(a) Committed suicide.
(b) Fell asleep and never woke up.
(c) Poisoned him.
(d) Poisoned herself.
5. The inventor warned his son ______________.
(a) To not run too fast.
(b) To not go too far away from him.
(c) To not fly too close to the sun.
(d) To not become too sure of his safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Perseus' return, he flew over _____________ where the maiden Andromeda was being sacrificed to a sea-monster to appease the anger of the sea-god and his nymphs.
2. When Zeus was born, what did Cronus' wife Rhea do?
3. Theseus was the son of ____________, king of Athens, but he was brought up in a city in southern Greece.
4. The story of the Trojan War was ______________ important and popular myths of the Greeks, and one which every educated Greek and Roman would have been familiar with.
5. Who was Medea?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)