|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Agamemnon's wife have an affair?
(a) Her brother-in-law Aegisthus.
(b) His cousin Aegisthus.
(c) Her neighbor Aegisthus.
(d) Her cousin Aegisthus.
2. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
3. ____________ was the god of light, archery, music, culture, healing, and prophecy.
4. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
(a) By tricking Talus.
(b) By calling for her mother.
(c) By hiding them in an enchanted tree.
(d) By calling the hounds of Hades to help.
5. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose family survived Zeus' anger?
2. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
3. When Aeneas and his group arrived in Italy, they were greeted warmly by __________, the local king.
4. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
5. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)