|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what did Atalanta challenge all her suitors?
(a) A hotdog eating contest that she knew she would win.
(b) A race on horseback that she knew she would win.
(c) A jousting tournament that she knew she would win.
(d) A foot race that she knew she would win.
2. Odysseus and his men faced man eating monsters and strange magic, losing how many ships on their journey?
(a) All of them.
(c) All but one ship.
(d) All but two ships.
3. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
(a) An oak tree.
(b) A spruce tree.
(c) A pine tree.
(d) A mulberry tree.
4. Aeneas visited the underworld briefly before sailing to a spot near the River __________ on the Italian coast.
5. When a Trojan prince called Paris was asked to judge a beauty contest between three goddesses, who bribed him with the offer of the most beautiful woman in the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
2. Odysseus alone survived and washed up on the shore of the island of ______________, where a sea-nymph who kept him captive for years.
3. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
4. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
5. When Odysseus blinded the Cyclops, he angered whom?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)