|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
2. The abduction of Helen began a _____ year war between Greece and Troy, with many heroes on both sides.
3. Agamemnon's son Orestes was instructed by Apollo's oracle to slay the murderer of his father. This meant killing whom?
(a) His own mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His brother.
4. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
5. Atalanta was raised by ____________ and became a great huntress.
(a) A she-tiger.
(b) A she-fox.
(c) A she-bear.
(d) A she-wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. After encountering some of the same dangers that Odysseus and Jason faced on their adventures, a storm washed Aeneas and his fellow travelers up near Carthage on the north coast of _________.
2. The Greeks finally won the war with __________.
3. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
4. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
5. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)