|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pelops married Princess Hippodamia after defeating her father in ____________ to win her hand.
(a) A jousting match.
(b) A foot race.
(c) Game of chess.
(d) A chariot race.
2. Odysseus and his men faced man eating monsters and strange magic, losing how many ships on their journey?
(a) All but two ships.
(b) All of them.
(d) All but one ship.
3. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
(a) The gods had different personalities.
(b) The gods were not kind to mankind.
(c) The gods did not create the universe or the world.
(d) The gods are more powerful than man.
4. With whom did Agamemnon's wife have an affair?
(a) Her brother-in-law Aegisthus.
(b) Her cousin Aegisthus.
(c) Her neighbor Aegisthus.
(d) His cousin Aegisthus.
5. Aeneas visited the underworld briefly before sailing to a spot near the River __________ on the Italian coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Odysseus rescued the men before visiting the dead prophet ________________ in the underworld.
2. On Perseus' return, he flew over _____________ where the maiden Andromeda was being sacrificed to a sea-monster to appease the anger of the sea-god and his nymphs.
3. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
4. Agamemnon's son Orestes was instructed by Apollo's oracle to slay the murderer of his father. This meant killing whom?
5. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)