|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Odysseus' journey home to Ithaca took him ______ years, and he faced many fierce monsters and dangerous people along the way.
2. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
3. Theseus was the son of ____________, king of Athens, but he was brought up in a city in southern Greece.
4. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
(a) The gods were not kind to mankind.
(b) The gods are more powerful than man.
(c) The gods had different personalities.
(d) The gods did not create the universe or the world.
5. The inventor warned his son ______________.
(a) To not run too fast.
(b) To not become too sure of his safety.
(c) To not fly too close to the sun.
(d) To not go too far away from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
2. Atalanta was raised by ____________ and became a great huntress.
3. This king had been told in a prophecy that his daughter Lavinia was destined to marry __________, and he believed this referred to Aeneas.
4. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
5. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)