|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the gods worshiped?
(a) Because of their wisdom.
(b) Because they were very convincing.
(c) Because they were loving.
(d) Because of their power.
2. How did the Greek gods act?
(a) In a very human manner.
(b) Very kindly.
(c) In a very god-like manner.
(d) In a very odd manner.
3. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
4. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
5. The inventor warned his son ______________.
(a) To not fly too close to the sun.
(b) To not go too far away from him.
(c) To not run too fast.
(d) To not become too sure of his safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pelops married Princess Hippodamia after defeating her father in ____________ to win her hand.
2. The story of Agamemnon shows how terrible acts could cause what?
3. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
4. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
5. ____________ was the god of light, archery, music, culture, healing, and prophecy.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)