|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the gods worshiped?
(a) Because they were loving.
(b) Because they were very convincing.
(c) Because of their power.
(d) Because of their wisdom.
2. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
3. Why did visiting the underworld mark Aeneas as a very special hero?
(a) Most mortals had no interest in going to the underworld.
(b) Mortals were not allowed to visit the underworld; this was a place for only the gods.
(c) Only a few mortals in the Greek myths went to the underworld and returned.
(d) Only a few mortals made it to the underworld.
4. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
(a) As a way of connecting to the gods.
(b) As a way of understanding the heavens.
(c) As a way of teaching moral lessons.
(d) As a way of understanding the world.
5. Pelops' sons Atreus and Thyestes quarreled over Thyestes' affair with whom?
(a) Atreus' wife.
(c) Princess Hippodamia.
(d) Their mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
2. Why was refusing someone a burial a serious affront to the gods?
3. The abduction of Helen began a _____ year war between Greece and Troy, with many heroes on both sides.
4. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
5. Theseus was honored by the Athenians as a protector of _____________ and a great king of their city.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)