|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
2. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
3. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
(a) Psyche was unable to complete them.
(b) Psyche was always helped by sympathetic creatures.
(c) Psyche could easily complete them.
(d) Psyche ignored Venus' tasks.
4. What was the fatal flaw of most Greek heroes?
(a) Their intelligence.
(b) Their egos.
(c) Their empathy for mankind.
(d) Their physical weakness.
5. Pelops' sons Atreus and Thyestes quarreled over Thyestes' affair with whom?
(b) Atreus' wife.
(c) Princess Hippodamia.
(d) Their mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
2. How did the Greek gods act?
3. ____________ was the god of light, archery, music, culture, healing, and prophecy.
4. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
5. Who was Medea?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)