|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Odysseus alone survived and washed up on the shore of the island of ______________, where a sea-nymph who kept him captive for years.
2. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
(a) Mars and Mercury.
(b) Jupiter and Juno.
(c) Jupiter and Mercury.
(d) Juno and Pluto.
3. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
4. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
5. Theseus saved Athens from the cruelty of _______________, who demanded a tribute of seven maidens and seven young men every nine years to feed to the Minotaur.
(a) King Midas of Crete.
(b) King Moschus of Crete.
(c) King Mimnermus of Crete.
(d) King Minos of Crete.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aeneas visited the underworld briefly before sailing to a spot near the River __________ on the Italian coast.
2. The House of Atreus was one of the unluckiest __________ in Greek mythology.
3. What happened when King Minos locked this inventor up in his own labyrinth?
4. Whom did Atreus kill and serve for dinner?
5. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)