|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The House of Atreus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______________ was a great inventor who built the labyrinth for the Minotaur.
2. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
3. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
4. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
(a) The gods had different personalities.
(b) The gods are more powerful than man.
(c) The gods were not kind to mankind.
(d) The gods did not create the universe or the world.
5. The inventor warned his son ______________.
(a) To not run too fast.
(b) To not go too far away from him.
(c) To not fly too close to the sun.
(d) To not become too sure of his safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
2. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
3. Odysseus alone survived and washed up on the shore of the island of ______________, where a sea-nymph who kept him captive for years.
4. When Odysseus blinded the Cyclops, he angered whom?
5. Odysseus rescued the men before visiting the dead prophet ________________ in the underworld.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)