|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Trojan War, and The Fall of Troy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Theseus saved Athens from the cruelty of _______________, who demanded a tribute of seven maidens and seven young men every nine years to feed to the Minotaur.
(a) King Minos of Crete.
(b) King Midas of Crete.
(c) King Mimnermus of Crete.
(d) King Moschus of Crete.
2. Theseus was the son of ____________, king of Athens, but he was brought up in a city in southern Greece.
3. The inventor warned his son ______________.
(a) To not go too far away from him.
(b) To not fly too close to the sun.
(c) To not run too fast.
(d) To not become too sure of his safety.
4. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
5. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
2. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
3. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
4. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
5. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)