|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Trojan War, and The Fall of Troy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
2. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
3. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
(a) An oak tree.
(b) A pine tree.
(c) A spruce tree.
(d) A mulberry tree.
4. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
5. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
Short Answer Questions
1. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
2. To whom was Helen married?
3. What did Medea do to the daughter of the king of Corinth?
4. The abduction of Helen began a _____ year war between Greece and Troy, with many heroes on both sides.
5. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)