|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Trojan War, and The Fall of Troy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
2. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
(a) Their neighbors.
(b) Their religious leaders.
(c) The gods.
(d) Their parents.
3. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
(a) The white apple.
(b) The white mulberry berries.
(c) The white strawberries.
(d) The white poinsettia leaves.
4. Why did Hercules kill his wife and children?
(a) He was tortured into killing them.
(b) He was framed for the killing of his family.
(c) He was evil.
(d) Hera had put him under a spell.
5. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
2. ________________ was the hero who rode the famous winged horse Pegasus, whom Athena helped him to catch.
3. Pegasus was used to help kill the fearsome monster called the Chimaera, which had the body and head of a fire-breathing _______, a goat's head in the middle of its back, and a snake for a tail.
4. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
5. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)