|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Trojan War, and The Fall of Troy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
(a) The soul.
(b) The body.
(c) The mind.
(d) The heart.
2. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
3. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
(a) Orpheus must not touch her until she was in the land of the living again.
(b) Orpheus must never touch her.
(c) Orpheus must not look back at her until she was in the land of the living again.
(d) Orpheus must not ever look upon her.
4. Achilles could not stand the slight to his honor that Agamemnon brought about by ______________.
(a) Claiming his wife.
(b) Claiming his property.
(c) Claiming his slave-girl.
(d) Claiming his daughter.
5. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. Theseus was the son of ____________, king of Athens, but he was brought up in a city in southern Greece.
2. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
3. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
4. When a Trojan prince called Paris was asked to judge a beauty contest between three goddesses, who bribed him with the offer of the most beautiful woman in the world?
5. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)