|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Trojan War, and The Fall of Troy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________________ was the hero who rode the famous winged horse Pegasus, whom Athena helped him to catch.
(d) Bion of Smyrna
2. Theseus saved Athens from the cruelty of _______________, who demanded a tribute of seven maidens and seven young men every nine years to feed to the Minotaur.
(a) King Minos of Crete.
(b) King Moschus of Crete.
(c) King Mimnermus of Crete.
(d) King Midas of Crete.
3. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
(a) Psyche ignored Venus' tasks.
(b) Psyche could easily complete them.
(c) Psyche was always helped by sympathetic creatures.
(d) Psyche was unable to complete them.
4. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
5. On Perseus' return, he flew over _____________ where the maiden Andromeda was being sacrificed to a sea-monster to appease the anger of the sea-god and his nymphs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose family survived Zeus' anger?
2. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
3. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
4. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
5. In one version of the story of the creation of man, the gods created different races of men based on _________.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)