|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Trojan War, and The Fall of Troy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Zeus was born, what did Cronus' wife Rhea do?
(a) Poisoned Cronus.
(b) Fed Zeus to her husband.
(c) Fed Cronus a stone wrapped in blankets instead of Zeus.
(d) Buried Zeus before his father could find him.
2. On Perseus' return, he flew over _____________ where the maiden Andromeda was being sacrificed to a sea-monster to appease the anger of the sea-god and his nymphs.
3. To punish men, Zeus sent them ___________.
4. Achilles could not stand the slight to his honor that Agamemnon brought about by ______________.
(a) Claiming his daughter.
(b) Claiming his wife.
(c) Claiming his slave-girl.
(d) Claiming his property.
5. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
(a) The white strawberries.
(b) The white apple.
(c) The white mulberry berries.
(d) The white poinsettia leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
2. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
3. Whose family survived Zeus' anger?
4. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
5. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)