|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Trojan War, and The Fall of Troy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
2. Theseus was the son of ____________, king of Athens, but he was brought up in a city in southern Greece.
3. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
(a) Their religious leaders.
(b) The gods.
(c) Their neighbors.
(d) Their parents.
4. Who was the only Trojan prince to escape?
5. Hercules undertook ______________ seemingly impossible tasks for King Eurystheus of Mycenae in order to punish and purify himself for the murder of his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
2. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
3. The abduction of Helen began a _____ year war between Greece and Troy, with many heroes on both sides.
4. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
5. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)