|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Trojan War, and The Fall of Troy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
2. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
(a) As a way of understanding the heavens.
(b) As a way of connecting to the gods.
(c) As a way of teaching moral lessons.
(d) As a way of understanding the world.
3. Why did Hercules kill his wife and children?
(a) He was tortured into killing them.
(b) He was framed for the killing of his family.
(c) He was evil.
(d) Hera had put him under a spell.
4. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
5. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
(a) A great flood.
(b) A plague.
(c) A swarm of locusts.
(d) A great snow storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
2. ____________ was the god of light, archery, music, culture, healing, and prophecy.
3. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
4. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
5. Perseus was the son of Zeus and whom?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)