|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Trojan War, and The Fall of Troy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
2. The inventor warned his son ______________.
(a) To not fly too close to the sun.
(b) To not go too far away from him.
(c) To not run too fast.
(d) To not become too sure of his safety.
3. What was the fatal flaw of most Greek heroes?
(a) Their intelligence.
(b) Their egos.
(c) Their physical weakness.
(d) Their empathy for mankind.
4. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
5. Perseus was famous for killing ___________, a Gorgon whose gaze could turn a man to stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Phaёthon was the son of the Sun-god ____________.
2. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
3. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
4. To what did Atalanta challenge all her suitors?
5. On Perseus' return, he flew over _____________ where the maiden Andromeda was being sacrificed to a sea-monster to appease the anger of the sea-god and his nymphs.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)