|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Trojan War, and The Fall of Troy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Theseus saved Athens from the cruelty of _______________, who demanded a tribute of seven maidens and seven young men every nine years to feed to the Minotaur.
(a) King Mimnermus of Crete.
(b) King Moschus of Crete.
(c) King Midas of Crete.
(d) King Minos of Crete.
2. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
(a) Juno and Pluto.
(b) Jupiter and Juno.
(c) Jupiter and Mercury.
(d) Mars and Mercury.
3. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
4. The inventor warned his son ______________.
(a) To not become too sure of his safety.
(b) To not go too far away from him.
(c) To not fly too close to the sun.
(d) To not run too fast.
5. To what did Atalanta challenge all her suitors?
(a) A hotdog eating contest that she knew she would win.
(b) A jousting tournament that she knew she would win.
(c) A race on horseback that she knew she would win.
(d) A foot race that she knew she would win.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
2. What was the fatal flaw of most Greek heroes?
3. When they reached home, Medea helped Jason take revenge on whom?
4. Apollo (also known as Apollo to the Romans) and _________ were the children of Zeus and Leto.
5. The story of the Trojan War was ______________ important and popular myths of the Greeks, and one which every educated Greek and Roman would have been familiar with.
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)