|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Trojan War, and The Fall of Troy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
(a) As a way of understanding the world.
(b) As a way of connecting to the gods.
(c) As a way of understanding the heavens.
(d) As a way of teaching moral lessons.
2. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
3. Apollo (also known as Apollo to the Romans) and _________ were the children of Zeus and Leto.
4. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Speak his name.
(c) Touch him.
(d) Look upon him.
5. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was refusing someone a burial a serious affront to the gods?
2. When a Trojan prince called Paris was asked to judge a beauty contest between three goddesses, who bribed him with the offer of the most beautiful woman in the world?
3. Pegasus was used to help kill the fearsome monster called the Chimaera, which had the body and head of a fire-breathing _______, a goat's head in the middle of its back, and a snake for a tail.
4. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
5. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)