|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Trojan War, and The Fall of Troy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In one version of the story of the creation of man, the gods created different races of men based on _________.
2. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
3. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
4. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
5. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
(a) Their parents.
(b) Their neighbors.
(c) Their religious leaders.
(d) The gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
2. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
3. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
4. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
5. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)