|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Trojan War, and The Fall of Troy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story of the Trojan War was ______________ important and popular myths of the Greeks, and one which every educated Greek and Roman would have been familiar with.
(a) At times one of the most.
(b) One of the most.
(c) The most.
(d) Not one of the most.
2. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
3. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
4. Theseus became a good and just king of _________ and took part in many more adventures, such as the Calydonian Boar hunt and the fight between Centaurs and Lapiths.
5. Whose family survived Zeus' anger?
Short Answer Questions
1. Achilles could not stand the slight to his honor that Agamemnon brought about by ______________.
2. To what did Atalanta challenge all her suitors?
3. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
4. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
5. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)