|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Trojan War, and The Fall of Troy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
2. Why was refusing someone a burial a serious affront to the gods?
(a) The gods did not like to see death.
(b) Without a burial, the dead could not get to Mt. Olympus.
(c) The gods had created the burial ceremony.
(d) Burial rites were incredibly important in ancient Greece.
3. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
4. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
5. In one version of the story of the creation of man, the gods created different races of men based on _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Perseus was the son of Zeus and whom?
2. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
3. ________________ was the hero who rode the famous winged horse Pegasus, whom Athena helped him to catch.
4. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
5. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)