|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Trojan War, and The Fall of Troy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
(a) Jupiter and Juno.
(b) Jupiter and Mercury.
(c) Juno and Pluto.
(d) Mars and Mercury.
2. The Greeks finally won the war with __________.
(a) An expensive bribe.
(b) A sacrifice to the gods.
(c) A huge wooden horse.
(d) One last bloody battle.
3. To punish men, Zeus sent them ___________.
4. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
5. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
(a) By tricking Talus.
(b) By calling the hounds of Hades to help.
(c) By hiding them in an enchanted tree.
(d) By calling for her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Medea?
2. On Perseus' return, he flew over _____________ where the maiden Andromeda was being sacrificed to a sea-monster to appease the anger of the sea-god and his nymphs.
3. Achilles could not stand the slight to his honor that Agamemnon brought about by ______________.
4. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
5. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)