|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Trojan War, and The Fall of Troy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the fatal flaw of most Greek heroes?
(a) Their intelligence.
(b) Their egos.
(c) Their empathy for mankind.
(d) Their physical weakness.
2. Perseus was famous for killing ___________, a Gorgon whose gaze could turn a man to stone.
3. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
(d) Displeasing and dishonoring the gods.
4. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
(a) Touch him.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Speak his name.
(d) Look upon him.
5. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the gods worshiped?
2. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
3. When they reached home, Medea helped Jason take revenge on whom?
4. Hercules was the son of Zeus and whom?
5. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)