|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Trojan War, and The Fall of Troy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
2. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
(a) A flood.
(b) A chariot accident.
(c) A car accident.
(d) A storm at sea.
3. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) Their own.
(b) The Romans' images.
(c) No one's image.
(d) The leaders' images.
4. Jason was the hero who set out to retrieve the Golden Fleece from whom?
(a) King Tut of Egypt.
(b) King Aeetes of Colchis.
(c) King Nguyen of Siam.
(d) King Titan of Colchis.
5. When they reached home, Medea helped Jason take revenge on whom?
(a) Phanocles, his mother's murderer .
(b) Polyeidosis, his sister's murderer.
(c) Phemonoe, his brother's murderer.
(d) Pelias, his father's murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
2. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
3. The heroes of the Trojan War, also called __________ heroes, were slightly different from the older mythological heroes such as Hercules, Perseus and Theseus.
4. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
5. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)