|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three. The Great Heroes before the Trojan War - Perseus, Theseus, Hercules and Atalanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
2. Theseus became a good and just king of _________ and took part in many more adventures, such as the Calydonian Boar hunt and the fight between Centaurs and Lapiths.
3. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
(a) He poisoned it.
(b) He swallowed it.
(c) He suffocated it.
(d) He buried it.
4. ________________ was the hero who rode the famous winged horse Pegasus, whom Athena helped him to catch.
(c) Bion of Smyrna
5. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
2. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
3. The inventor warned his son ______________.
4. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
5. Theseus was the son of ____________, king of Athens, but he was brought up in a city in southern Greece.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)