|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three. The Great Heroes before the Trojan War - Perseus, Theseus, Hercules and Atalanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
2. Why were the gods worshiped?
(a) Because of their wisdom.
(b) Because they were very convincing.
(c) Because they were loving.
(d) Because of their power.
3. The inventor warned his son ______________.
(a) To not run too fast.
(b) To not go too far away from him.
(c) To not become too sure of his safety.
(d) To not fly too close to the sun.
4. Phaёthon was the son of the Sun-god ____________.
5. Theseus was honored by the Athenians as a protector of _____________ and a great king of their city.
(a) The sick.
(b) The poor.
(d) The defenseless.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
2. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
3. What did Medea do to the daughter of the king of Corinth?
4. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
5. When they reached home, Medea helped Jason take revenge on whom?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)