|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three. The Great Heroes before the Trojan War - Perseus, Theseus, Hercules and Atalanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
2. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) Their own.
(b) The leaders' images.
(c) No one's image.
(d) The Romans' images.
3. Theseus became a good and just king of _________ and took part in many more adventures, such as the Calydonian Boar hunt and the fight between Centaurs and Lapiths.
4. Hercules undertook ______________ seemingly impossible tasks for King Eurystheus of Mycenae in order to punish and purify himself for the murder of his family.
5. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Theseus saved Athens from the cruelty of _______________, who demanded a tribute of seven maidens and seven young men every nine years to feed to the Minotaur.
2. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
3. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
4. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
5. In one version of the story of the creation of man, the gods created different races of men based on _________.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)