|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three. The Great Heroes before the Trojan War - Perseus, Theseus, Hercules and Atalanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
(a) Look upon him.
(b) Touch him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Speak his name.
2. ______________ was a great inventor who built the labyrinth for the Minotaur.
3. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was more powerful.
(b) She was Venus' younger sister.
(c) She was more wealthy.
(d) She was young and beautiful.
4. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
(a) Displeasing and dishonoring the gods.
5. What happened when King Minos locked this inventor up in his own labyrinth?
(a) The inventor and his son jumped out of the window, with parachutes attached to their backs.
(b) Using an invisibility cloak, he snuck himself and his son out of the labyrinth.
(c) The inventor poisoned the guards, so he and his son escaped.
(d) The inventor constructed wings for him and his son Icarus to fly away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
2. Hercules was the son of Zeus and whom?
3. Theseus became a good and just king of _________ and took part in many more adventures, such as the Calydonian Boar hunt and the fight between Centaurs and Lapiths.
4. To punish men, Zeus sent them ___________.
5. To what did Atalanta challenge all her suitors?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)