|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three. The Great Heroes before the Trojan War - Perseus, Theseus, Hercules and Atalanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
2. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
3. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
(a) The body.
(b) The heart.
(c) The soul.
(d) The mind.
4. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
(d) Displeasing and dishonoring the gods.
5. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
(a) Psyche could easily complete them.
(b) Psyche was unable to complete them.
(c) Psyche ignored Venus' tasks.
(d) Psyche was always helped by sympathetic creatures.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
2. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
3. Theseus saved Athens from the cruelty of _______________, who demanded a tribute of seven maidens and seven young men every nine years to feed to the Minotaur.
4. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
5. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)