|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three. The Great Heroes before the Trojan War - Perseus, Theseus, Hercules and Atalanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Theseus saved Athens from the cruelty of _______________, who demanded a tribute of seven maidens and seven young men every nine years to feed to the Minotaur.
(a) King Moschus of Crete.
(b) King Minos of Crete.
(c) King Midas of Crete.
(d) King Mimnermus of Crete.
2. Who was Medea?
(a) Tut's neice.
(b) Nguyen's sister.
(c) Aeetes' daughter.
(d) Titan's wife.
3. Hercules was the son of Zeus and whom?
(a) A nymph.
(c) A mortal woman.
4. To what did Atalanta challenge all her suitors?
(a) A jousting tournament that she knew she would win.
(b) A race on horseback that she knew she would win.
(c) A hotdog eating contest that she knew she would win.
(d) A foot race that she knew she would win.
5. To punish men, Zeus sent them ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jason was the hero who set out to retrieve the Golden Fleece from whom?
2. Phaёthon was the son of the Sun-god ____________.
3. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
4. Whose family survived Zeus' anger?
5. The inventor warned his son ______________.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)