|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three. The Great Heroes before the Trojan War - Perseus, Theseus, Hercules and Atalanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
(a) The gods did not create the universe or the world.
(b) The gods are more powerful than man.
(c) The gods had different personalities.
(d) The gods were not kind to mankind.
2. On Perseus' return, he flew over _____________ where the maiden Andromeda was being sacrificed to a sea-monster to appease the anger of the sea-god and his nymphs.
3. Atalanta was raised by ____________ and became a great huntress.
(a) A she-tiger.
(b) A she-wolf.
(c) A she-fox.
(d) A she-bear.
4. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
5. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
(a) The mind.
(b) The soul.
(c) The body.
(d) The heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ was the god of light, archery, music, culture, healing, and prophecy.
2. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
3. ________________ was the hero who rode the famous winged horse Pegasus, whom Athena helped him to catch.
4. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
5. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)