|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three. The Great Heroes before the Trojan War - Perseus, Theseus, Hercules and Atalanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Theseus saved Athens from the cruelty of _______________, who demanded a tribute of seven maidens and seven young men every nine years to feed to the Minotaur.
(a) King Midas of Crete.
(b) King Minos of Crete.
(c) King Moschus of Crete.
(d) King Mimnermus of Crete.
2. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
3. Theseus was the son of ____________, king of Athens, but he was brought up in a city in southern Greece.
4. Hercules undertook ______________ seemingly impossible tasks for King Eurystheus of Mycenae in order to punish and purify himself for the murder of his family.
5. How did the Greek gods act?
(a) In a very odd manner.
(b) Very kindly.
(c) In a very god-like manner.
(d) In a very human manner.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
2. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
3. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
4. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
5. Theseus became a good and just king of _________ and took part in many more adventures, such as the Calydonian Boar hunt and the fight between Centaurs and Lapiths.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)