|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three. The Great Heroes before the Trojan War - Perseus, Theseus, Hercules and Atalanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
2. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
(a) He poisoned it.
(b) He swallowed it.
(c) He buried it.
(d) He suffocated it.
3. ______________ was a great inventor who built the labyrinth for the Minotaur.
4. Whose family survived Zeus' anger?
5. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
2. Hercules was the son of Zeus and whom?
3. The inventor warned his son ______________.
4. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
5. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)