|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three. The Great Heroes before the Trojan War - Perseus, Theseus, Hercules and Atalanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
(a) By calling the hounds of Hades to help.
(b) By tricking Talus.
(c) By hiding them in an enchanted tree.
(d) By calling for her mother.
2. Theseus saved Athens from the cruelty of _______________, who demanded a tribute of seven maidens and seven young men every nine years to feed to the Minotaur.
(a) King Midas of Crete.
(b) King Mimnermus of Crete.
(c) King Minos of Crete.
(d) King Moschus of Crete.
3. Perseus was the son of Zeus and whom?
(c) A mortal woman.
4. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
(a) The white apple.
(b) The white mulberry berries.
(c) The white poinsettia leaves.
(d) The white strawberries.
5. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Medea do to the daughter of the king of Corinth?
2. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
3. ______________ was a great inventor who built the labyrinth for the Minotaur.
4. Pegasus was used to help kill the fearsome monster called the Chimaera, which had the body and head of a fire-breathing _______, a goat's head in the middle of its back, and a snake for a tail.
5. ____________ was the god of light, archery, music, culture, healing, and prophecy.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)