|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three. The Great Heroes before the Trojan War - Perseus, Theseus, Hercules and Atalanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______________ was a great inventor who built the labyrinth for the Minotaur.
2. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
3. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
4. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
5. The inventor warned his son ______________.
(a) To not become too sure of his safety.
(b) To not fly too close to the sun.
(c) To not go too far away from him.
(d) To not run too fast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
2. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
3. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
4. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
5. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)