|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three. The Great Heroes before the Trojan War - Perseus, Theseus, Hercules and Atalanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
2. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
3. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
(a) The mind.
(b) The soul.
(c) The body.
(d) The heart.
4. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
5. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
2. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
3. Why were the gods worshiped?
4. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
5. Jason was the hero who set out to retrieve the Golden Fleece from whom?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)