|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three. The Great Heroes before the Trojan War - Perseus, Theseus, Hercules and Atalanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
2. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
3. On Perseus' return, he flew over _____________ where the maiden Andromeda was being sacrificed to a sea-monster to appease the anger of the sea-god and his nymphs.
4. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
(a) Displeasing and dishonoring the gods.
5. When Zeus was born, what did Cronus' wife Rhea do?
(a) Fed Cronus a stone wrapped in blankets instead of Zeus.
(b) Poisoned Cronus.
(c) Fed Zeus to her husband.
(d) Buried Zeus before his father could find him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
2. Theseus became a good and just king of _________ and took part in many more adventures, such as the Calydonian Boar hunt and the fight between Centaurs and Lapiths.
3. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
4. What happened when King Minos locked this inventor up in his own labyrinth?
5. Hercules was the son of Zeus and whom?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)