|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three. The Great Heroes before the Trojan War - Perseus, Theseus, Hercules and Atalanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
2. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
(a) He suffocated it.
(b) He poisoned it.
(c) He swallowed it.
(d) He buried it.
3. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
4. The inventor warned his son ______________.
(a) To not go too far away from him.
(b) To not fly too close to the sun.
(c) To not become too sure of his safety.
(d) To not run too fast.
5. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
(a) Juno and Pluto.
(b) Mars and Mercury.
(c) Jupiter and Mercury.
(d) Jupiter and Juno.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when King Minos locked this inventor up in his own labyrinth?
2. Why were the gods worshiped?
3. Whose family survived Zeus' anger?
4. Perseus was famous for killing ___________, a Gorgon whose gaze could turn a man to stone.
5. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)