|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three. The Great Heroes before the Trojan War - Perseus, Theseus, Hercules and Atalanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
2. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
3. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) The Romans' images.
(b) Their own.
(c) The leaders' images.
(d) No one's image.
4. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
5. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Atalanta was raised by ____________ and became a great huntress.
2. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
3. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
4. Who was Medea?
5. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)