|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three. The Great Heroes before the Trojan War - Perseus, Theseus, Hercules and Atalanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the gods worshiped?
(a) Because they were very convincing.
(b) Because of their power.
(c) Because of their wisdom.
(d) Because they were loving.
2. When they reached home, Medea helped Jason take revenge on whom?
(a) Polyeidosis, his sister's murderer.
(b) Pelias, his father's murderer.
(c) Phanocles, his mother's murderer .
(d) Phemonoe, his brother's murderer.
3. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
4. Why did Hercules kill his wife and children?
(a) Hera had put him under a spell.
(b) He was evil.
(c) He was framed for the killing of his family.
(d) He was tortured into killing them.
5. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pegasus was used to help kill the fearsome monster called the Chimaera, which had the body and head of a fire-breathing _______, a goat's head in the middle of its back, and a snake for a tail.
2. To what did Atalanta challenge all her suitors?
3. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
4. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
5. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)