|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
(a) Their religious leaders.
(b) Their neighbors.
(c) Their parents.
(d) The gods.
2. How did the Greek gods act?
(a) Very kindly.
(b) In a very human manner.
(c) In a very odd manner.
(d) In a very god-like manner.
3. To punish men, Zeus sent them ___________.
4. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
5. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
2. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
3. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
4. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
5. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)