|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
(a) He swallowed it.
(b) He poisoned it.
(c) He suffocated it.
(d) He buried it.
2. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
3. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
(a) The white mulberry berries.
(b) The white poinsettia leaves.
(c) The white strawberries.
(d) The white apple.
4. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
5. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
(a) A pine tree.
(b) A mulberry tree.
(c) An oak tree.
(d) A spruce tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
2. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
3. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
4. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
5. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)