|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) Their own.
(b) The Romans' images.
(c) No one's image.
(d) The leaders' images.
2. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
3. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
(a) He buried it.
(b) He swallowed it.
(c) He poisoned it.
(d) He suffocated it.
4. Whose family survived Zeus' anger?
5. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
2. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
3. In one version of the story of the creation of man, the gods created different races of men based on _________.
4. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
5. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)