|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
2. To punish men, Zeus sent them ___________.
3. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
(a) Their parents.
(b) Their neighbors.
(c) The gods.
(d) Their religious leaders.
4. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
5. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Zeus was born, what did Cronus' wife Rhea do?
2. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
3. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
4. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
5. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)