|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
(d) Displeasing and dishonoring the gods.
2. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
3. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
4. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
5. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
2. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
3. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
4. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
5. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)