|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To punish men, Zeus sent them ___________.
2. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
(a) A great flood.
(b) A plague.
(c) A swarm of locusts.
(d) A great snow storm.
3. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
4. Whose family survived Zeus' anger?
5. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
2. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
3. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
4. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
5. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)