|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
(a) Morality and justice.
(b) God and heaven.
(c) Birth and death.
(d) The Bible.
2. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
3. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
(a) Psyche was always helped by sympathetic creatures.
(b) Psyche ignored Venus' tasks.
(c) Psyche could easily complete them.
(d) Psyche was unable to complete them.
4. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
5. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
(a) He swallowed it.
(b) He buried it.
(c) He poisoned it.
(d) He suffocated it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
2. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
3. How did the Greek gods act?
4. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
5. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)