|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
2. When Zeus was born, what did Cronus' wife Rhea do?
(a) Buried Zeus before his father could find him.
(b) Poisoned Cronus.
(c) Fed Cronus a stone wrapped in blankets instead of Zeus.
(d) Fed Zeus to her husband.
3. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was more powerful.
(b) She was Venus' younger sister.
(c) She was young and beautiful.
(d) She was more wealthy.
4. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
5. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
(a) Orpheus must not touch her until she was in the land of the living again.
(b) Orpheus must never touch her.
(c) Orpheus must not ever look upon her.
(d) Orpheus must not look back at her until she was in the land of the living again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
2. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
3. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
4. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
5. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)