|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
(a) As a way of understanding the heavens.
(b) As a way of understanding the world.
(c) As a way of teaching moral lessons.
(d) As a way of connecting to the gods.
2. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was more wealthy.
(b) She was more powerful.
(c) She was young and beautiful.
(d) She was Venus' younger sister.
3. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
(a) A storm at sea.
(b) A flood.
(c) A chariot accident.
(d) A car accident.
4. To punish men, Zeus sent them ___________.
5. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
(a) The body.
(b) The heart.
(c) The soul.
(d) The mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
2. Whose family survived Zeus' anger?
3. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
4. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
5. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)