|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
2. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
3. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
4. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
5. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
(a) Birth and death.
(b) The Bible.
(c) God and heaven.
(d) Morality and justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
2. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
3. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
4. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
5. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)