|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) No one's image.
(b) The Romans' images.
(c) The leaders' images.
(d) Their own.
2. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
3. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
(a) A swarm of locusts.
(b) A plague.
(c) A great snow storm.
(d) A great flood.
4. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
(a) Psyche was unable to complete them.
(b) Psyche was always helped by sympathetic creatures.
(c) Psyche ignored Venus' tasks.
(d) Psyche could easily complete them.
5. ____________ was the god of light, archery, music, culture, healing, and prophecy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
2. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
3. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
4. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
5. Apollo (also known as Apollo to the Romans) and _________ were the children of Zeus and Leto.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)