|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
2. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
3. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
4. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
5. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
2. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
3. Why were the gods worshiped?
4. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
5. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)