|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In one version of the story of the creation of man, the gods created different races of men based on _________.
2. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
3. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
(a) As a way of understanding the heavens.
(b) As a way of teaching moral lessons.
(c) As a way of connecting to the gods.
(d) As a way of understanding the world.
4. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
5. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
Short Answer Questions
1. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
2. How did the Greek gods act?
3. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
4. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
5. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)