|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
2. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
(a) The white mulberry berries.
(b) The white poinsettia leaves.
(c) The white strawberries.
(d) The white apple.
3. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
4. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
(a) A swarm of locusts.
(b) A great snow storm.
(c) A great flood.
(d) A plague.
5. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
(a) The gods.
(b) Their neighbors.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Their religious leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
2. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
3. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
4. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
5. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)