|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
2. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
3. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
(a) The gods were not kind to mankind.
(b) The gods had different personalities.
(c) The gods did not create the universe or the world.
(d) The gods are more powerful than man.
4. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
5. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was young and beautiful.
(b) She was more powerful.
(c) She was more wealthy.
(d) She was Venus' younger sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
2. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
3. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
4. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
5. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)