|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
2. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
(a) The Bible.
(b) God and heaven.
(c) Birth and death.
(d) Morality and justice.
3. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
4. Apollo (also known as Apollo to the Romans) and _________ were the children of Zeus and Leto.
5. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the gods worshiped?
2. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
3. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
4. When Zeus was born, what did Cronus' wife Rhea do?
5. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)