|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
2. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
3. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
4. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
5. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was more wealthy.
(b) She was Venus' younger sister.
(c) She was more powerful.
(d) She was young and beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. To punish men, Zeus sent them ___________.
2. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
3. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
4. When Zeus was born, what did Cronus' wife Rhea do?
5. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)