|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
2. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
3. To punish men, Zeus sent them ___________.
4. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
(a) Psyche could easily complete them.
(b) Psyche ignored Venus' tasks.
(c) Psyche was unable to complete them.
(d) Psyche was always helped by sympathetic creatures.
5. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
2. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
3. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
4. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
5. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)