|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
(a) A spruce tree.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A pine tree.
(d) A mulberry tree.
2. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
3. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
4. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
5. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
(a) A storm at sea.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A chariot accident.
(d) A flood.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
2. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
3. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
4. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
5. Whose family survived Zeus' anger?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)