|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
(a) Morality and justice.
(b) Birth and death.
(c) The Bible.
(d) God and heaven.
2. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
3. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
(a) Orpheus must not look back at her until she was in the land of the living again.
(b) Orpheus must not ever look upon her.
(c) Orpheus must never touch her.
(d) Orpheus must not touch her until she was in the land of the living again.
4. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
5. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
2. Apollo (also known as Apollo to the Romans) and _________ were the children of Zeus and Leto.
3. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
4. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
5. Why were the gods worshiped?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)