|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was young and beautiful.
(b) She was Venus' younger sister.
(c) She was more powerful.
(d) She was more wealthy.
2. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
3. In one version of the story of the creation of man, the gods created different races of men based on _________.
4. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
(a) A great snow storm.
(b) A great flood.
(c) A swarm of locusts.
(d) A plague.
5. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
(a) Speak his name.
(b) Touch him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Look upon him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
2. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
3. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
4. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
5. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)