|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Zeus was born, what did Cronus' wife Rhea do?
(a) Fed Cronus a stone wrapped in blankets instead of Zeus.
(b) Fed Zeus to her husband.
(c) Poisoned Cronus.
(d) Buried Zeus before his father could find him.
2. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
3. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
4. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
5. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
(a) As a way of understanding the heavens.
(b) As a way of understanding the world.
(c) As a way of teaching moral lessons.
(d) As a way of connecting to the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
2. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
3. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
4. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
5. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)