|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
2. Apollo (also known as Apollo to the Romans) and _________ were the children of Zeus and Leto.
3. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Look upon him.
(c) Speak his name.
(d) Touch him.
4. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
(a) As a way of connecting to the gods.
(b) As a way of understanding the heavens.
(c) As a way of teaching moral lessons.
(d) As a way of understanding the world.
5. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
(a) The gods are more powerful than man.
(b) The gods were not kind to mankind.
(c) The gods had different personalities.
(d) The gods did not create the universe or the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the gods worshiped?
2. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
3. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
4. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
5. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)