|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
2. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
3. ____________ was the god of light, archery, music, culture, healing, and prophecy.
4. When Zeus was born, what did Cronus' wife Rhea do?
(a) Buried Zeus before his father could find him.
(b) Fed Zeus to her husband.
(c) Poisoned Cronus.
(d) Fed Cronus a stone wrapped in blankets instead of Zeus.
5. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
2. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
3. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
4. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
5. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)