|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One. How the World and Mankind Were Created, and The Earliest Heroes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
2. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
3. How did the Greek gods act?
(a) In a very odd manner.
(b) In a very god-like manner.
(c) In a very human manner.
(d) Very kindly.
4. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
5. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
2. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
3. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
4. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
5. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)