|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One. How the World and Mankind Were Created, and The Earliest Heroes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
2. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
3. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
(a) A swarm of locusts.
(b) A plague.
(c) A great snow storm.
(d) A great flood.
4. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
5. How did the Greek gods act?
(a) In a very human manner.
(b) Very kindly.
(c) In a very god-like manner.
(d) In a very odd manner.
Short Answer Questions
1. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
2. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
3. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
4. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
5. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)