|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One. How the World and Mankind Were Created, and The Earliest Heroes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
2. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
3. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
4. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) No one's image.
(b) The Romans' images.
(c) Their own.
(d) The leaders' images.
5. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
(a) He swallowed it.
(b) He buried it.
(c) He poisoned it.
(d) He suffocated it.
Short Answer Questions
1. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
2. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
3. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
4. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
5. To punish men, Zeus sent them ___________.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)