|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One. How the World and Mankind Were Created, and The Earliest Heroes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
2. Apollo (also known as Apollo to the Romans) and _________ were the children of Zeus and Leto.
3. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
4. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) The Romans' images.
(b) No one's image.
(c) Their own.
(d) The leaders' images.
5. ____________ was the god of light, archery, music, culture, healing, and prophecy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
2. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
3. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
4. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
5. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)