|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One. How the World and Mankind Were Created, and The Earliest Heroes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) No one's image.
(b) The leaders' images.
(c) Their own.
(d) The Romans' images.
2. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
3. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
(a) Birth and death.
(b) Morality and justice.
(c) The Bible.
(d) God and heaven.
4. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
5. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
2. Whose family survived Zeus' anger?
3. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
4. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
5. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)