|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One. How the World and Mankind Were Created, and The Earliest Heroes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
2. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
3. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
4. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
5. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the gods worshiped?
2. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
3. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
4. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
5. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)