|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One. How the World and Mankind Were Created, and The Earliest Heroes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
2. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
3. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
4. When Zeus was born, what did Cronus' wife Rhea do?
(a) Poisoned Cronus.
(b) Buried Zeus before his father could find him.
(c) Fed Cronus a stone wrapped in blankets instead of Zeus.
(d) Fed Zeus to her husband.
5. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
2. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
3. To punish men, Zeus sent them ___________.
4. Apollo (also known as Apollo to the Romans) and _________ were the children of Zeus and Leto.
5. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)