|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One. How the World and Mankind Were Created, and The Earliest Heroes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Apollo (also known as Apollo to the Romans) and _________ were the children of Zeus and Leto.
2. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
3. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
4. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
5. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
2. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
3. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
4. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
5. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)