|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One. How the World and Mankind Were Created, and The Earliest Heroes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
(a) The gods are more powerful than man.
(b) The gods were not kind to mankind.
(c) The gods did not create the universe or the world.
(d) The gods had different personalities.
2. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
3. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
(a) A great snow storm.
(b) A swarm of locusts.
(c) A plague.
(d) A great flood.
4. Why were the gods worshiped?
(a) Because they were loving.
(b) Because of their power.
(c) Because they were very convincing.
(d) Because of their wisdom.
5. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
2. Apollo (also known as Apollo to the Romans) and _________ were the children of Zeus and Leto.
3. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
4. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
5. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)