|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One. How the World and Mankind Were Created, and The Earliest Heroes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In one version of the story of the creation of man, the gods created different races of men based on _________.
2. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
3. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
4. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
5. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
(a) As a way of understanding the world.
(b) As a way of teaching moral lessons.
(c) As a way of understanding the heavens.
(d) As a way of connecting to the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
2. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
3. Why were the gods worshiped?
4. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
5. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)