|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One. How the World and Mankind Were Created, and The Earliest Heroes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Zeus was born, what did Cronus' wife Rhea do?
(a) Fed Zeus to her husband.
(b) Poisoned Cronus.
(c) Buried Zeus before his father could find him.
(d) Fed Cronus a stone wrapped in blankets instead of Zeus.
2. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) Their own.
(b) The leaders' images.
(c) The Romans' images.
(d) No one's image.
3. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
4. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
(d) Displeasing and dishonoring the gods.
5. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
2. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
3. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
4. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
5. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)