|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One. How the World and Mankind Were Created, and The Earliest Heroes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the gods worshiped?
(a) Because they were very convincing.
(b) Because they were loving.
(c) Because of their wisdom.
(d) Because of their power.
2. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
3. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
4. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
5. ____________ was the god of light, archery, music, culture, healing, and prophecy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
2. When Zeus was born, what did Cronus' wife Rhea do?
3. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
4. Apollo (also known as Apollo to the Romans) and _________ were the children of Zeus and Leto.
5. In one version of the story of the creation of man, the gods created different races of men based on _________.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)