|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One. How the World and Mankind Were Created, and The Earliest Heroes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ was the god of light, archery, music, culture, healing, and prophecy.
2. How did the Greek gods act?
(a) In a very god-like manner.
(b) In a very human manner.
(c) Very kindly.
(d) In a very odd manner.
3. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
(a) The Bible.
(b) Birth and death.
(c) God and heaven.
(d) Morality and justice.
4. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
5. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
2. Apollo (also known as Apollo to the Romans) and _________ were the children of Zeus and Leto.
3. Whose family survived Zeus' anger?
4. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
5. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)