|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One. How the World and Mankind Were Created, and The Earliest Heroes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) The Romans' images.
(b) Their own.
(c) No one's image.
(d) The leaders' images.
2. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
3. Why were the gods worshiped?
(a) Because of their power.
(b) Because they were very convincing.
(c) Because of their wisdom.
(d) Because they were loving.
4. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
(a) As a way of teaching moral lessons.
(b) As a way of connecting to the gods.
(c) As a way of understanding the heavens.
(d) As a way of understanding the world.
5. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ was the god of light, archery, music, culture, healing, and prophecy.
2. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
3. Whose family survived Zeus' anger?
4. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
5. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)