|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One. How the World and Mankind Were Created, and The Earliest Heroes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
(a) A great flood.
(b) A swarm of locusts.
(c) A plague.
(d) A great snow storm.
2. In one version of the story of the creation of man, the gods created different races of men based on _________.
3. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
4. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
5. Why were the gods worshiped?
(a) Because they were loving.
(b) Because of their wisdom.
(c) Because they were very convincing.
(d) Because of their power.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
2. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
3. ____________ was the god of light, archery, music, culture, healing, and prophecy.
4. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
5. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)