Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Trojan War, and The Fall of Troy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only Trojan prince to escape?
2. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
(a) A pine tree.
(b) A mulberry tree.
(c) A spruce tree.
(d) An oak tree.
3. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) The Romans' images.
(b) Their own.
(c) No one's image.
(d) The leaders' images.
4. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
5. Theseus saved Athens from the cruelty of _______________, who demanded a tribute of seven maidens and seven young men every nine years to feed to the Minotaur.
(a) King Moschus of Crete.
(b) King Minos of Crete.
(c) King Mimnermus of Crete.
(d) King Midas of Crete.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was refusing someone a burial a serious affront to the gods?
2. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
3. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
4. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
5. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)