|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. Cupid and Psyche, and Eight Brief Tales of Lovers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
(a) Orpheus must not look back at her until she was in the land of the living again.
(b) Orpheus must not touch her until she was in the land of the living again.
(c) Orpheus must never touch her.
(d) Orpheus must not ever look upon her.
2. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
3. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) The Romans' images.
(b) Their own.
(c) No one's image.
(d) The leaders' images.
4. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
(a) Displeasing and dishonoring the gods.
5. To punish men, Zeus sent them ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
2. ____________ was the god of light, archery, music, culture, healing, and prophecy.
3. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
4. In one version of the story of the creation of man, the gods created different races of men based on _________.
5. How did the Greek gods act?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)