|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One. How the World and Mankind Were Created, and The Earliest Heroes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose family survived Zeus' anger?
2. To punish men, Zeus sent them ___________.
3. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) The Romans' images.
(b) Their own.
(c) The leaders' images.
(d) No one's image.
4. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
(a) As a way of understanding the heavens.
(b) As a way of understanding the world.
(c) As a way of connecting to the gods.
(d) As a way of teaching moral lessons.
5. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
2. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
3. How did the Greek gods act?
4. Apollo (also known as Apollo to the Romans) and _________ were the children of Zeus and Leto.
5. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)