|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
(a) He swallowed it.
(b) He suffocated it.
(c) He buried it.
(d) He poisoned it.
2. Who was Medea?
(a) Tut's neice.
(b) Aeetes' daughter.
(c) Nguyen's sister.
(d) Titan's wife.
3. The society Aeneas founded would one day flourish into ___________.
(a) The great city of Athens.
(b) The great nation of Italy.
(c) The great Roman Republic.
(d) The great nation of Greece.
4. To punish men, Zeus sent them ___________.
5. Cadmus founded the city of ___________ by killing a dragon and sowing its teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Glaucus went to the witch Circe to ask for a love potion. How did Circe feel about the situation?
2. Why were the gods worshiped?
3. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
4. Important themes in the myths connected to the House of Thebes include the importance of proper respect for the gods, and the importance of ________,
5. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)