|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Procne became a ______________ that sang mournfully for her dead son whom she now regretted killing.
2. Procne was married to Tereus of Thrace, a son of Ares, who fell in love with ______________ and tricked her into a marriage before cutting out her tongue and locking her up.
3. What happened when King Minos locked this inventor up in his own labyrinth?
(a) Using an invisibility cloak, he snuck himself and his son out of the labyrinth.
(b) The inventor poisoned the guards, so he and his son escaped.
(c) The inventor constructed wings for him and his son Icarus to fly away.
(d) The inventor and his son jumped out of the window, with parachutes attached to their backs.
4. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
5. King Laius heard a prophecy that his own son would kill him, so the baby was sent away to be left to die on a hillside. What did the servant do with the baby?
(a) He left it as he was told.
(b) He took it to the king and queen of Corinth.
(c) He killed it himself.
(d) He kept it and raised it as his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Theseus was honored by the Athenians as a protector of _____________ and a great king of their city.
2. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
3. When a Trojan prince called Paris was asked to judge a beauty contest between three goddesses, who bribed him with the offer of the most beautiful woman in the world?
4. Pelops married Princess Hippodamia after defeating her father in ____________ to win her hand.
5. Atalanta was raised by ____________ and became a great huntress.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)