|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Oedipus leave home and travel to Thebes?
(a) He had a falling-out with his parents.
(b) He was unhappy at home.
(c) He heard a prophecy that he would kill his father and marry his mother.
(d) He wanted adventure.
2. These two sisters had __________ nieces.
3. Why did Hercules kill his wife and children?
(a) He was framed for the killing of his family.
(b) He was tortured into killing them.
(c) He was evil.
(d) Hera had put him under a spell.
4. Perseus was the son of Zeus and whom?
(a) A mortal woman.
5. How did this beautiful nymph feel about Glaucus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Medea?
2. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
3. Odysseus' journey home to Ithaca took him ______ years, and he faced many fierce monsters and dangerous people along the way.
4. When Aeneas and his group arrived in Italy, they were greeted warmly by __________, the local king.
5. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)