|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did this beautiful nymph feel about Glaucus?
2. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
(a) Speak his name.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Touch him.
(d) Look upon him.
3. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
4. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
(a) The gods were not kind to mankind.
(b) The gods had different personalities.
(c) The gods are more powerful than man.
(d) The gods did not create the universe or the world.
5. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
(a) A plague.
(b) A great flood.
(c) A great snow storm.
(d) A swarm of locusts.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Circe's island the men were turned into what?
2. Pegasus was used to help kill the fearsome monster called the Chimaera, which had the body and head of a fire-breathing _______, a goat's head in the middle of its back, and a snake for a tail.
3. After encountering some of the same dangers that Odysseus and Jason faced on their adventures, a storm washed Aeneas and his fellow travelers up near Carthage on the north coast of _________.
4. When they reached home, Medea helped Jason take revenge on whom?
5. It was a moral tale that taught proper behavior toward whom?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)