|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aeneas stayed with her for a time, but eventually ___________ sent a message telling him to remember his great destiny and to sail for Italy.
2. Hercules undertook ______________ seemingly impossible tasks for King Eurystheus of Mycenae in order to punish and purify himself for the murder of his family.
3. Cadmus founded the city of ___________ by killing a dragon and sowing its teeth.
4. The House of Thebes was in many ways as unlucky as the House of Atreus, but their troubles seemed ________.
(a) A lot less deserved.
(b) Much worse.
(c) Much more deserved.
(d) Not as bad.
5. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
(a) The white poinsettia leaves.
(b) The white apple.
(c) The white strawberries.
(d) The white mulberry berries.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
2. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
3. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
4. Creüsa was raped by what god?
5. Procris was happily married to Cephalus, until one day Aurora, the goddess of the dawn, ____________.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)