|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oedipus saved the city from _____________, a monster that asked riddles of travelers who passed by.
(a) The Succubus.
(b) The Sphinx.
(c) The Gargoyle.
(d) The Lynx.
2. Orithyia was carried away against her will by whom?
(a) The god of the North Wind, Boreas.
(b) The god of the West Wind, Boreas.
(c) The god of the East Wind, Boreas.
(d) The god of the South Wind, Boreas.
3. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
4. Later, Midas was given ___________ by Apollo for siding with Pan instead of Apollo in a music contest.
(a) Elephant ears.
(b) A pig's tail.
(c) Asses' ears.
(d) A pig's snout.
5. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Perseus was famous for killing ___________, a Gorgon whose gaze could turn a man to stone.
2. Perseus was the son of Zeus and whom?
3. The story of Agamemnon shows how terrible acts could cause what?
4. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
5. After encountering some of the same dangers that Odysseus and Jason faced on their adventures, a storm washed Aeneas and his fellow travelers up near Carthage on the north coast of _________.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)