|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Atreus kill and serve for dinner?
(a) Thyestes' children.
(b) Princess Hippodamia's children.
(c) Hera's children.
(d) His own children.
2. Cadmus founded the city of ___________ by killing a dragon and sowing its teeth.
3. ____________ was the god of light, archery, music, culture, healing, and prophecy.
4. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
(a) He swallowed it.
(b) He buried it.
(c) He suffocated it.
(d) He poisoned it.
5. Perseus was the son of Zeus and whom?
(d) A mortal woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Atreus' children?
2. Queen __________ welcomed Aeneas' group.
3. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
4. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
5. King Laius heard a prophecy that his own son would kill him, so the baby was sent away to be left to die on a hillside. What did the servant do with the baby?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)