|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who composed the Odyssey?
(a) The Greek bard Homer.
(b) The Greek bard Plato.
(c) The Roman bard Plato.
(d) The Roman bard Homer.
2. It was a moral tale that taught proper behavior toward whom?
(a) One's neighbors and the gods.
(c) One's family.
(d) The gods.
3. Achilles could not stand the slight to his honor that Agamemnon brought about by ______________.
(a) Claiming his slave-girl.
(b) Claiming his daughter.
(c) Claiming his wife.
(d) Claiming his property.
4. What happened when King Minos locked this inventor up in his own labyrinth?
(a) The inventor poisoned the guards, so he and his son escaped.
(b) The inventor and his son jumped out of the window, with parachutes attached to their backs.
(c) Using an invisibility cloak, he snuck himself and his son out of the labyrinth.
(d) The inventor constructed wings for him and his son Icarus to fly away.
5. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) The Romans' images.
(b) Their own.
(c) The leaders' images.
(d) No one's image.
Short Answer Questions
1. The story of Agamemnon shows how terrible acts could cause what?
2. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
3. The two sisters escaped, but Tereus pursued them. The gods turned them all into what?
4. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
5. The Odyssey was in many ways a celebration of what it meant to be ___________.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)