|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
2. Where were the murdering women punished?
(a) In Tartarus.
(b) On Mt. Olympus.
(c) In the town square.
(d) In prison.
3. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
(a) The soul.
(b) The heart.
(c) The body.
(d) The mind.
4. The Odyssey was in many ways a celebration of what it meant to be ___________.
(a) Wealthy, Greek.
(b) Civilized, Greek.
(c) Intelligent, Greek.
(d) Powerful, Greek.
5. With whom did Agamemnon's wife have an affair?
(a) Her neighbor Aegisthus.
(b) Her cousin Aegisthus.
(c) His cousin Aegisthus.
(d) Her brother-in-law Aegisthus.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Circe's island the men were turned into what?
2. Earlier heroes were superhuman individuals who fought alone against monsters and strange creatures, while the Trojan heroes fought whom?
3. Cadmus founded the city of ___________ by killing a dragon and sowing its teeth.
4. Procne was married to Tereus of Thrace, a son of Ares, who fell in love with ______________ and tricked her into a marriage before cutting out her tongue and locking her up.
5. When they reached home, Medea helped Jason take revenge on whom?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)