|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Medea do to the daughter of the king of Corinth?
(a) She killed her.
(b) She tortured her.
(c) She saved her.
(d) She hid her.
2. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
3. Who composed the Odyssey?
(a) The Greek bard Plato.
(b) The Greek bard Homer.
(c) The Roman bard Homer.
(d) The Roman bard Plato.
4. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) No one's image.
(b) Their own.
(c) The Romans' images.
(d) The leaders' images.
5. Midas asked for whatever he touched to turn to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cadmus married _____________, the daughter of Aphrodite and Ares.
2. What happened when King Minos locked this inventor up in his own labyrinth?
3. What did Jocasta and Oedipus do when they realized they were mother and son?
4. Important themes in the myths connected to the House of Thebes include the importance of proper respect for the gods, and the importance of ________,
5. Apollo (also known as Apollo to the Romans) and _________ were the children of Zeus and Leto.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)