|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did visiting the underworld mark Aeneas as a very special hero?
(a) Most mortals had no interest in going to the underworld.
(b) Mortals were not allowed to visit the underworld; this was a place for only the gods.
(c) Only a few mortals made it to the underworld.
(d) Only a few mortals in the Greek myths went to the underworld and returned.
2. Agamemnon had sacrificed whom to Artemis in order to set sail for Troy?
(a) His wife.
(b) His own daughter.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) His niece.
3. King Laius of Thebes was a descendant of ______________, married to a distant cousin called Jocasta.
4. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
5. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Atreus kill and serve for dinner?
2. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
3. Agamemnon's son Orestes was instructed by Apollo's oracle to slay the murderer of his father. This meant killing whom?
4. Perseus was the son of Zeus and whom?
5. What do these myths show?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)