|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pegasus was used to help kill the fearsome monster called the Chimaera, which had the body and head of a fire-breathing _______, a goat's head in the middle of its back, and a snake for a tail.
2. How did this beautiful nymph feel about Glaucus?
3. When a Trojan prince called Paris was asked to judge a beauty contest between three goddesses, who bribed him with the offer of the most beautiful woman in the world?
4. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
5. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
2. Achilles could not stand the slight to his honor that Agamemnon brought about by ______________.
3. Odysseus and his men faced man eating monsters and strange magic, losing how many ships on their journey?
4. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
5. Procne was married to Tereus of Thrace, a son of Ares, who fell in love with ______________ and tricked her into a marriage before cutting out her tongue and locking her up.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)