|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
(a) He buried it.
(b) He poisoned it.
(c) He swallowed it.
(d) He suffocated it.
2. Odysseus alone survived and washed up on the shore of the island of ______________, where a sea-nymph who kept him captive for years.
3. What happened to Antigone when she ignored Creon's edict and buried her brother?
(a) She was send to the underworld to suffer.
(b) She was punished by being buried alive, hanging herself in the tomb rather than facing death by starvation.
(c) She was praised for her love for her brother.
(d) She was run through with a sword.
4. Why were the gods worshiped?
(a) Because they were loving.
(b) Because of their wisdom.
(c) Because of their power.
(d) Because they were very convincing.
5. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who composed the Odyssey?
2. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
3. Odysseus and his men faced man eating monsters and strange magic, losing how many ships on their journey?
4. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
5. The abduction of Helen began a _____ year war between Greece and Troy, with many heroes on both sides.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)