|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Midas was a king rewarded by ______________ with any gift he chose.
2. Agamemnon's son Orestes was instructed by Apollo's oracle to slay the murderer of his father. This meant killing whom?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His sister.
(c) His own mother.
(d) His brother.
3. To whom was Helen married?
(a) King Midas of Athens.
(b) King Perseus of Sparta.
(c) King Theseus of Athens.
(d) King Menelaus of Sparta.
4. It was a moral tale that taught proper behavior toward whom?
(a) The gods.
(b) One's neighbors and the gods.
(d) One's family.
5. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Atalanta was raised by ____________ and became a great huntress.
2. Pomona was a nymph of orchards who was loved by whom?
3. How did the Greek gods act?
4. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
5. ________________ was the son of Apollo and a mortal woman whom Apollo killed for being unfaithful.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)