|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Glaucus went to the witch Circe to ask for a love potion. How did Circe feel about the situation?
(a) Annoyed that Glaucus would waste her time on a love potion.
(b) Furious that Glaucus loved Scylla and not her.
(c) Worried that Glaucus would never be loved by the nymph.
(d) Happy that Glaucus asked her for help.
2. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
3. After escaping from Troy, Aeneas traveled with whom to find a new home?
(a) His father and son.
(b) His men.
(c) His wife and children.
(d) His son, father, and a group of other survivors.
4. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
5. __________ was a beautiful nymph who was loved by a sea god called Glaucus.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the earliest kings was _______________, who ruled at the time Demeter brought agriculture to earth.
2. The Greeks finally won the war with __________.
3. When Aeneas and his group arrived in Italy, they were greeted warmly by __________, the local king.
4. How did this beautiful nymph feel about Glaucus?
5. Modern scholarship usually dates The Odyssey to around the ______ century BC.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)