|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
2. Pomona was a nymph of orchards who was loved by whom?
3. Who was the only Trojan prince to escape?
4. After encountering some of the same dangers that Odysseus and Jason faced on their adventures, a storm washed Aeneas and his fellow travelers up near Carthage on the north coast of _________.
(a) North America.
(b) South America.
5. This king had been told in a prophecy that his daughter Lavinia was destined to marry __________, and he believed this referred to Aeneas.
(a) Her cousin.
(b) A Greek.
(c) A stranger.
(d) A neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Greek gods act?
2. Odysseus' journey home to Ithaca took him ______ years, and he faced many fierce monsters and dangerous people along the way.
3. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
4. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
5. When Odysseus blinded the Cyclops, he angered whom?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)