|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Later, Midas was given ___________ by Apollo for siding with Pan instead of Apollo in a music contest.
(a) Elephant ears.
(b) A pig's snout.
(c) A pig's tail.
(d) Asses' ears.
2. Cadmus founded the city of ___________ by killing a dragon and sowing its teeth.
3. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Touch him.
(c) Speak his name.
(d) Look upon him.
4. It was a moral tale that taught proper behavior toward whom?
(b) The gods.
(c) One's family.
(d) One's neighbors and the gods.
5. Queen __________ welcomed Aeneas' group.
Short Answer Questions
1. ______________ was a great inventor who built the labyrinth for the Minotaur.
2. To punish men, Zeus sent them ___________.
3. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
4. The heroes of the Trojan War, also called __________ heroes, were slightly different from the older mythological heroes such as Hercules, Perseus and Theseus.
5. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)