|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
2. Who was Medea?
(a) Nguyen's sister.
(b) Tut's neice.
(c) Titan's wife.
(d) Aeetes' daughter.
3. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
(a) The gods had different personalities.
(b) The gods were not kind to mankind.
(c) The gods did not create the universe or the world.
(d) The gods are more powerful than man.
4. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
5. After encountering some of the same dangers that Odysseus and Jason faced on their adventures, a storm washed Aeneas and his fellow travelers up near Carthage on the north coast of _________.
(a) North America.
(d) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agamemnon's son Orestes was instructed by Apollo's oracle to slay the murderer of his father. This meant killing whom?
2. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
3. Midas was a king rewarded by ______________ with any gift he chose.
4. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
5. How did this beautiful nymph feel about Glaucus?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)