|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creüsa was raped by what god?
2. Odysseus alone survived and washed up on the shore of the island of ______________, where a sea-nymph who kept him captive for years.
3. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
(a) A swarm of locusts.
(b) A great snow storm.
(c) A great flood.
(d) A plague.
4. Queen __________ welcomed Aeneas' group.
5. The House of Thebes was in many ways as unlucky as the House of Atreus, but their troubles seemed ________.
(a) A lot less deserved.
(b) Not as bad.
(c) Much worse.
(d) Much more deserved.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was Helen married?
2. How was Achilles killed by Paris?
3. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
4. This bad luck began with Tantalus, who served up his own son at a banquet for the gods, perhaps to do what?
5. What did Medea do to the daughter of the king of Corinth?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)