|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
2. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
(a) The gods are more powerful than man.
(b) The gods had different personalities.
(c) The gods did not create the universe or the world.
(d) The gods were not kind to mankind.
3. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was more wealthy.
(b) She was more powerful.
(c) She was Venus' younger sister.
(d) She was young and beautiful.
4. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
5. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
2. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
3. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
4. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
5. Who was Medea?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)