|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
(a) A swarm of locusts.
(b) A great flood.
(c) A plague.
(d) A great snow storm.
2. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
(a) A storm at sea.
(b) A chariot accident.
(c) A flood.
(d) A car accident.
3. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
4. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
5. Why were the gods worshiped?
(a) Because they were very convincing.
(b) Because of their wisdom.
(c) Because of their power.
(d) Because they were loving.
Short Answer Questions
1. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
2. In one version of the story of the creation of man, the gods created different races of men based on _________.
3. Pegasus was used to help kill the fearsome monster called the Chimaera, which had the body and head of a fire-breathing _______, a goat's head in the middle of its back, and a snake for a tail.
4. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
5. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)