|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
2. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
3. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
4. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
5. What did Medea do to the daughter of the king of Corinth?
(a) She saved her.
(b) She killed her.
(c) She hid her.
(d) She tortured her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In one version of the story of the creation of man, the gods created different races of men based on _________.
2. What happened when King Minos locked this inventor up in his own labyrinth?
3. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
4. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
5. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)