|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
2. The inventor warned his son ______________.
(a) To not go too far away from him.
(b) To not run too fast.
(c) To not fly too close to the sun.
(d) To not become too sure of his safety.
3. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
(a) A pine tree.
(b) A spruce tree.
(c) An oak tree.
(d) A mulberry tree.
4. Jason was the hero who set out to retrieve the Golden Fleece from whom?
(a) King Titan of Colchis.
(b) King Aeetes of Colchis.
(c) King Tut of Egypt.
(d) King Nguyen of Siam.
5. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
(a) Psyche ignored Venus' tasks.
(b) Psyche was unable to complete them.
(c) Psyche was always helped by sympathetic creatures.
(d) Psyche could easily complete them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
2. The myths conveyed developing religious ideas concerning ____________.
3. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
4. What happened when King Minos locked this inventor up in his own labyrinth?
5. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)