|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The inventor warned his son ______________.
(a) To not go too far away from him.
(b) To not fly too close to the sun.
(c) To not become too sure of his safety.
(d) To not run too fast.
2. Why were the gods worshiped?
(a) Because they were very convincing.
(b) Because of their wisdom.
(c) Because they were loving.
(d) Because of their power.
3. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
4. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
5. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
(a) As a way of understanding the world.
(b) As a way of teaching moral lessons.
(c) As a way of understanding the heavens.
(d) As a way of connecting to the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
2. Phaёthon was the son of the Sun-god ____________.
3. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
4. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
5. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)