|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
2. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was more powerful.
(b) She was young and beautiful.
(c) She was more wealthy.
(d) She was Venus' younger sister.
3. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
(a) A storm at sea.
(b) A chariot accident.
(c) A flood.
(d) A car accident.
4. In one version of the story of the creation of man, the gods created different races of men based on _________.
5. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
2. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
3. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
4. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
5. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)