|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
(a) He buried it.
(b) He swallowed it.
(c) He suffocated it.
(d) He poisoned it.
2. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
3. Who was Medea?
(a) Tut's neice.
(b) Aeetes' daughter.
(c) Nguyen's sister.
(d) Titan's wife.
4. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
(a) Psyche was always helped by sympathetic creatures.
(b) Psyche ignored Venus' tasks.
(c) Psyche was unable to complete them.
(d) Psyche could easily complete them.
5. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
(a) The white poinsettia leaves.
(b) The white apple.
(c) The white strawberries.
(d) The white mulberry berries.
Short Answer Questions
1. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
2. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
3. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
4. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
5. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)