|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Zeus was born, what did Cronus' wife Rhea do?
(a) Fed Cronus a stone wrapped in blankets instead of Zeus.
(b) Buried Zeus before his father could find him.
(c) Fed Zeus to her husband.
(d) Poisoned Cronus.
2. What did Medea do to the daughter of the king of Corinth?
(a) She tortured her.
(b) She saved her.
(c) She hid her.
(d) She killed her.
3. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
(c) Displeasing and dishonoring the gods.
4. Who was Medea?
(a) Aeetes' daughter.
(b) Titan's wife.
(c) Nguyen's sister.
(d) Tut's neice.
5. The inventor warned his son ______________.
(a) To not become too sure of his safety.
(b) To not run too fast.
(c) To not go too far away from him.
(d) To not fly too close to the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
2. Another story tells that Zeus was angry with early men and sent what to destroy them?
3. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
4. ______________ was a great inventor who built the labyrinth for the Minotaur.
5. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)