|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The inventor warned his son ______________.
(a) To not go too far away from him.
(b) To not become too sure of his safety.
(c) To not run too fast.
(d) To not fly too close to the sun.
2. Pegasus was used to help kill the fearsome monster called the Chimaera, which had the body and head of a fire-breathing _______, a goat's head in the middle of its back, and a snake for a tail.
3. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
4. How did the Greek gods act?
(a) In a very human manner.
(b) In a very odd manner.
(c) In a very god-like manner.
(d) Very kindly.
5. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
2. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
3. Who was Medea?
4. Phaёthon was the son of the Sun-god ____________.
5. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)