|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Medea do to the daughter of the king of Corinth?
(a) She saved her.
(b) She killed her.
(c) She hid her.
(d) She tortured her.
2. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
3. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
4. Why were the gods worshiped?
(a) Because of their wisdom.
(b) Because they were very convincing.
(c) Because of their power.
(d) Because they were loving.
5. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
2. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
3. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
4. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
5. Who was Medea?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)