|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
2. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
3. Phaёthon was the son of the Sun-god ____________.
4. What happened when King Minos locked this inventor up in his own labyrinth?
(a) Using an invisibility cloak, he snuck himself and his son out of the labyrinth.
(b) The inventor constructed wings for him and his son Icarus to fly away.
(c) The inventor and his son jumped out of the window, with parachutes attached to their backs.
(d) The inventor poisoned the guards, so he and his son escaped.
5. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
(a) A pine tree.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A mulberry tree.
(d) A spruce tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
2. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
3. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
4. To punish men, Zeus sent them ___________.
5. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)