|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
(a) The white mulberry berries.
(b) The white apple.
(c) The white strawberries.
(d) The white poinsettia leaves.
2. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
3. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was more wealthy.
(b) She was more powerful.
(c) She was young and beautiful.
(d) She was Venus' younger sister.
4. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
5. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the gods worshiped?
2. ________________ was the hero who rode the famous winged horse Pegasus, whom Athena helped him to catch.
3. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
4. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
5. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)