|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
2. When they reached home, Medea helped Jason take revenge on whom?
(a) Phemonoe, his brother's murderer.
(b) Phanocles, his mother's murderer .
(c) Pelias, his father's murderer.
(d) Polyeidosis, his sister's murderer.
3. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
4. In one version of the story of the creation of man, the gods created different races of men based on _________.
5. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
2. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
3. The inventor warned his son ______________.
4. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
5. Why were the gods worshiped?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)