|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Homeric hymns, written from the end of the ______________ century BC to the fifth or even fourth century BC, were written to honor various gods.
2. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
3. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
(a) As a way of connecting to the gods.
(b) As a way of teaching moral lessons.
(c) As a way of understanding the world.
(d) As a way of understanding the heavens.
4. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) Their own.
(b) The Romans' images.
(c) The leaders' images.
(d) No one's image.
5. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
Short Answer Questions
1. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
2. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
3. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
4. Apollo (also known as Apollo to the Romans) and _________ were the children of Zeus and Leto.
5. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)