|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
(a) The white poinsettia leaves.
(b) The white strawberries.
(c) The white mulberry berries.
(d) The white apple.
2. How is the creation myth of the Greeks peculiar?
(a) The gods did not create the universe or the world.
(b) The gods had different personalities.
(c) The gods are more powerful than man.
(d) The gods were not kind to mankind.
3. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
4. Why were the gods worshiped?
(a) Because they were very convincing.
(b) Because they were loving.
(c) Because of their wisdom.
(d) Because of their power.
5. Who was Medea?
(a) Tut's neice.
(b) Nguyen's sister.
(c) Titan's wife.
(d) Aeetes' daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
2. ______________ was a great inventor who built the labyrinth for the Minotaur.
3. Jason was the hero who set out to retrieve the Golden Fleece from whom?
4. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
5. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)