|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
2. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
3. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
(a) The white apple.
(b) The white poinsettia leaves.
(c) The white strawberries.
(d) The white mulberry berries.
4. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Speak his name.
(c) Touch him.
(d) Look upon him.
5. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
2. The inventor warned his son ______________.
3. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
4. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
5. Pegasus was used to help kill the fearsome monster called the Chimaera, which had the body and head of a fire-breathing _______, a goat's head in the middle of its back, and a snake for a tail.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)