|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when King Minos locked this inventor up in his own labyrinth?
(a) Using an invisibility cloak, he snuck himself and his son out of the labyrinth.
(b) The inventor poisoned the guards, so he and his son escaped.
(c) The inventor constructed wings for him and his son Icarus to fly away.
(d) The inventor and his son jumped out of the window, with parachutes attached to their backs.
2. Pegasus was used to help kill the fearsome monster called the Chimaera, which had the body and head of a fire-breathing _______, a goat's head in the middle of its back, and a snake for a tail.
3. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
(a) Jupiter and Mercury.
(b) Juno and Pluto.
(c) Jupiter and Juno.
(d) Mars and Mercury.
4. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) The Romans' images.
(b) No one's image.
(c) Their own.
(d) The leaders' images.
5. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
2. ________________ was the goddess of marriage and women.
3. The Roman poet ________ wrote a lot about the myths, but presented them as silly stories that held no inner meaning.
4. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
5. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)