|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
(a) By calling the hounds of Hades to help.
(b) By tricking Talus.
(c) By calling for her mother.
(d) By hiding them in an enchanted tree.
2. To punish men, Zeus sent them ___________.
3. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
4. When Zeus was born, what did Cronus' wife Rhea do?
(a) Fed Zeus to her husband.
(b) Fed Cronus a stone wrapped in blankets instead of Zeus.
(c) Poisoned Cronus.
(d) Buried Zeus before his father could find him.
5. Later Greek writers include ______________, a lyric poet whose poems contained references to mythology, and the tragic playwrights Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
2. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
3. What did Medea do to the daughter of the king of Corinth?
4. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
5. Jason was the hero who set out to retrieve the Golden Fleece from whom?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)