|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
2. ________________ was the hero who rode the famous winged horse Pegasus, whom Athena helped him to catch.
(d) Bion of Smyrna
3. Phaёthon was the son of the Sun-god ____________.
4. Why did the Greeks create their myths, initially?
(a) As a way of understanding the world.
(b) As a way of connecting to the gods.
(c) As a way of understanding the heavens.
(d) As a way of teaching moral lessons.
5. What happened when King Minos locked this inventor up in his own labyrinth?
(a) The inventor poisoned the guards, so he and his son escaped.
(b) The inventor and his son jumped out of the window, with parachutes attached to their backs.
(c) The inventor constructed wings for him and his son Icarus to fly away.
(d) Using an invisibility cloak, he snuck himself and his son out of the labyrinth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
2. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
3. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
4. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
5. When they reached home, Medea helped Jason take revenge on whom?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)