|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of this came Night and Death, then Light, followed by Earth (_________) and Heaven (Ouranos, or Uranus).
2. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
3. ________________ was the hero who rode the famous winged horse Pegasus, whom Athena helped him to catch.
(a) Bion of Smyrna
4. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) No one's image.
(b) Their own.
(c) The leaders' images.
(d) The Romans' images.
5. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
(a) The mind.
(b) The soul.
(c) The heart.
(d) The body.
Short Answer Questions
1. The inventor warned his son ______________.
2. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
3. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
4. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
5. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)