|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
2. The Titan called Cronus fought his father and took his power. Fearing that his children would do the same when they grew up, what did he do to each newborn baby?
(a) He poisoned it.
(b) He suffocated it.
(c) He swallowed it.
(d) He buried it.
3. Phaёthon was the son of the Sun-god ____________.
4. According to the Greeks, in the beginning there was only __________.
5. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
(a) By tricking Talus.
(b) By hiding them in an enchanted tree.
(c) By calling the hounds of Hades to help.
(d) By calling for her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. ______________ was a great inventor who built the labyrinth for the Minotaur.
2. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
3. There are _______ different versions of the story of the creation of man.
4. Why were the gods worshiped?
5. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)