Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six. The Less Important Myths - Midas and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Midas was a king rewarded by ______________ with any gift he chose.
2. Who was the only Trojan prince to escape?
3. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) No one's image.
(b) The Romans' images.
(c) Their own.
(d) The leaders' images.
4. ____________ was the god of light, archery, music, culture, healing, and prophecy.
5. Oedipus saved the city from _____________, a monster that asked riddles of travelers who passed by.
(a) The Sphinx.
(b) The Succubus.
(c) The Gargoyle.
(d) The Lynx.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ was a beautiful nymph who was loved by a sea god called Glaucus.
2. The abduction of Helen began a _____ year war between Greece and Troy, with many heroes on both sides.
3. Hesiod's _______________ is another main source, which asked questions about the origins of things.
4. The House of Atreus was one of the unluckiest __________ in Greek mythology.
5. When a mortal committed a crime, broke an oath, or harmed a guest, they were seen to be ___________.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)