Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two. The Quest of the Golden Fleece, and Four Great Adventures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pegasus was used to help kill the fearsome monster called the Chimaera, which had the body and head of a fire-breathing _______, a goat's head in the middle of its back, and a snake for a tail.
2. ______________ was a great inventor who built the labyrinth for the Minotaur.
3. The Greeks created their gods in whose image?
(a) The Romans' images.
(b) No one's image.
(c) Their own.
(d) The leaders' images.
4. Homer, an ancient Greek _________, provided a lot of important insight in his epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey.
5. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
(a) A flood.
(b) A chariot accident.
(c) A car accident.
(d) A storm at sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when King Minos locked this inventor up in his own labyrinth?
2. Zeus imprisoned the Titans and forced _______ to hold up the sky.
3. The Greeks saw perfection in the ideal beauty of __________, and they used it as a model for their statues of the gods. .
4. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
5. The behavior of the Greek gods reflects the Greek attitude towards the beauty and perfection of _______.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)