|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Adventures of Aeneas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
(a) A car accident.
(b) A flood.
(c) A chariot accident.
(d) A storm at sea.
2. Why did visiting the underworld mark Aeneas as a very special hero?
(a) Only a few mortals in the Greek myths went to the underworld and returned.
(b) Most mortals had no interest in going to the underworld.
(c) Mortals were not allowed to visit the underworld; this was a place for only the gods.
(d) Only a few mortals made it to the underworld.
3. What happened when King Minos locked this inventor up in his own labyrinth?
(a) The inventor and his son jumped out of the window, with parachutes attached to their backs.
(b) The inventor constructed wings for him and his son Icarus to fly away.
(c) The inventor poisoned the guards, so he and his son escaped.
(d) Using an invisibility cloak, he snuck himself and his son out of the labyrinth.
4. ______________ was a great inventor who built the labyrinth for the Minotaur.
5. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. Queen Amata, the king's wife, was not happy with this and neither was Turnus, the Rutulian king. Why was Turnus not happy about this?
2. Apollo (also known as Apollo to the Romans) and _________ were the children of Zeus and Leto.
3. The story of the Trojan War was ______________ important and popular myths of the Greeks, and one which every educated Greek and Roman would have been familiar with.
4. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
5. ____________ was the goddess of love, who was said to have been born from the foam of the sea.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)