|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Adventures of Aeneas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aeneas stayed with her for a time, but eventually ___________ sent a message telling him to remember his great destiny and to sail for Italy.
2. Why did visiting the underworld mark Aeneas as a very special hero?
(a) Only a few mortals made it to the underworld.
(b) Only a few mortals in the Greek myths went to the underworld and returned.
(c) Most mortals had no interest in going to the underworld.
(d) Mortals were not allowed to visit the underworld; this was a place for only the gods.
3. Who was Medea?
(a) Tut's neice.
(b) Nguyen's sister.
(c) Titan's wife.
(d) Aeetes' daughter.
4. Aeneas obeyed immediately, and the heartbroken Queen ______________.
(a) Poisoned herself.
(b) Committed suicide.
(c) Poisoned him.
(d) Fell asleep and never woke up.
5. This story is very different from the other myths in the book for ____________ reasons.
(b) Very few.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the fatal flaw of most Greek heroes?
2. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
3. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
4. The story of the Trojan War was ______________ important and popular myths of the Greeks, and one which every educated Greek and Roman would have been familiar with.
5. When they reached home, Medea helped Jason take revenge on whom?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)