|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Adventures of Aeneas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
2. Phaёthon was the son of the Sun-god ____________.
3. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
4. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
(a) The body.
(b) The mind.
(c) The soul.
(d) The heart.
5. ______________ was the god of the sea and brother of Zeus.
Short Answer Questions
1. After escaping from Troy, Aeneas traveled with whom to find a new home?
2. To whom was Helen married?
3. Aeneas stayed with her for a time, but eventually ___________ sent a message telling him to remember his great destiny and to sail for Italy.
4. Queen Amata, the king's wife, was not happy with this and neither was Turnus, the Rutulian king. Why was Turnus not happy about this?
5. After encountering some of the same dangers that Odysseus and Jason faced on their adventures, a storm washed Aeneas and his fellow travelers up near Carthage on the north coast of _________.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)