|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Adventures of Aeneas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
2. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
3. These gods were the children of the ____________, who were the children of heaven and earth.
4. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
5. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
(a) Jupiter and Juno.
(b) Juno and Pluto.
(c) Mars and Mercury.
(d) Jupiter and Mercury.
Short Answer Questions
1. After encountering some of the same dangers that Odysseus and Jason faced on their adventures, a storm washed Aeneas and his fellow travelers up near Carthage on the north coast of _________.
2. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
3. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
4. To whom was Helen married?
5. When a Trojan prince called Paris was asked to judge a beauty contest between three goddesses, who bribed him with the offer of the most beautiful woman in the world?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)