|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Adventures of Aeneas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Earlier heroes were superhuman individuals who fought alone against monsters and strange creatures, while the Trojan heroes fought whom?
(a) Other men in small militias.
(b) Monsters and strange creatures as part of an army.
(c) Other men as part of an army.
(d) Other men, alone.
2. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
(a) By tricking Talus.
(b) By calling the hounds of Hades to help.
(c) By calling for her mother.
(d) By hiding them in an enchanted tree.
3. Phaёthon was the son of the Sun-god ____________.
4. When they reached home, Medea helped Jason take revenge on whom?
(a) Phemonoe, his brother's murderer.
(b) Pelias, his father's murderer.
(c) Polyeidosis, his sister's murderer.
(d) Phanocles, his mother's murderer .
5. What happened when King Minos locked this inventor up in his own labyrinth?
(a) The inventor constructed wings for him and his son Icarus to fly away.
(b) Using an invisibility cloak, he snuck himself and his son out of the labyrinth.
(c) The inventor poisoned the guards, so he and his son escaped.
(d) The inventor and his son jumped out of the window, with parachutes attached to their backs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aeneas obeyed immediately, and the heartbroken Queen ______________.
2. Who was the only Trojan prince to escape?
3. Aeneas stayed with her for a time, but eventually ___________ sent a message telling him to remember his great destiny and to sail for Italy.
4. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
5. Queen Amata, the king's wife, was not happy with this and neither was Turnus, the Rutulian king. Why was Turnus not happy about this?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)