|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Adventures of Aeneas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did visiting the underworld mark Aeneas as a very special hero?
(a) Mortals were not allowed to visit the underworld; this was a place for only the gods.
(b) Only a few mortals made it to the underworld.
(c) Only a few mortals in the Greek myths went to the underworld and returned.
(d) Most mortals had no interest in going to the underworld.
2. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
3. This king had been told in a prophecy that his daughter Lavinia was destined to marry __________, and he believed this referred to Aeneas.
(a) A Greek.
(b) A stranger.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) Her cousin.
4. Aeneas stayed with her for a time, but eventually ___________ sent a message telling him to remember his great destiny and to sail for Italy.
5. When they reached home, Medea helped Jason take revenge on whom?
(a) Polyeidosis, his sister's murderer.
(b) Phanocles, his mother's murderer .
(c) Phemonoe, his brother's murderer.
(d) Pelias, his father's murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. The abduction of Helen began a _____ year war between Greece and Troy, with many heroes on both sides.
2. The story of the Trojan War was ______________ important and popular myths of the Greeks, and one which every educated Greek and Roman would have been familiar with.
3. Phaёthon was the son of the Sun-god ____________.
4. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
5. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)