|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Adventures of Aeneas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______________ was a great inventor who built the labyrinth for the Minotaur.
2. This story is very different from the other myths in the book for ____________ reasons.
(a) Very few.
3. ________________ was the hero who rode the famous winged horse Pegasus, whom Athena helped him to catch.
(c) Bion of Smyrna
4. Aeneas obeyed immediately, and the heartbroken Queen ______________.
(a) Fell asleep and never woke up.
(b) Poisoned him.
(c) Poisoned herself.
(d) Committed suicide.
5. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
(a) The white apple.
(b) The white poinsettia leaves.
(c) The white strawberries.
(d) The white mulberry berries.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
2. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
3. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
4. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
5. Jason was the hero who set out to retrieve the Golden Fleece from whom?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)