|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Adventures of Aeneas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
(a) Speak his name.
(b) Touch him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Look upon him.
2. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
(a) Psyche was always helped by sympathetic creatures.
(b) Psyche was unable to complete them.
(c) Psyche ignored Venus' tasks.
(d) Psyche could easily complete them.
3. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was Venus' younger sister.
(b) She was more powerful.
(c) She was more wealthy.
(d) She was young and beautiful.
4. Otus and Ephialtes were ___________ who wanted to prove that they were the equals of the gods.
5. Aeneas obeyed immediately, and the heartbroken Queen ______________.
(a) Fell asleep and never woke up.
(b) Committed suicide.
(c) Poisoned herself.
(d) Poisoned him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Earlier heroes were superhuman individuals who fought alone against monsters and strange creatures, while the Trojan heroes fought whom?
2. Who was the only Trojan prince to escape?
3. Why did visiting the underworld mark Aeneas as a very special hero?
4. Aeneas stayed with her for a time, but eventually ___________ sent a message telling him to remember his great destiny and to sail for Italy.
5. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)