|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Adventures of Aeneas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Medea?
(a) Aeetes' daughter.
(b) Tut's neice.
(c) Nguyen's sister.
(d) Titan's wife.
2. ________________ was the hero who rode the famous winged horse Pegasus, whom Athena helped him to catch.
(b) Bion of Smyrna
3. How does Medea save herself and Jason from the huge bronze man Talus?
(a) By calling for her mother.
(b) By hiding them in an enchanted tree.
(c) By calling the hounds of Hades to help.
(d) By tricking Talus.
4. What was the fatal flaw of most Greek heroes?
(a) Their egos.
(b) Their intelligence.
(c) Their physical weakness.
(d) Their empathy for mankind.
5. When a Trojan prince called Paris was asked to judge a beauty contest between three goddesses, who bribed him with the offer of the most beautiful woman in the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
2. The society Aeneas founded would one day flourish into ___________.
3. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
4. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
5. Earlier heroes were superhuman individuals who fought alone against monsters and strange creatures, while the Trojan heroes fought whom?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)