|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Adventures of Aeneas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Achilles killed by Paris?
(a) Paris stabbed him in the heart.
(b) Paris shot Achilles in the heart with an arrow.
(c) Paris stabbed Achilles' heel with his sword.
(d) Paris shot an arrow into Achilles' heel.
2. This king had been told in a prophecy that his daughter Lavinia was destined to marry __________, and he believed this referred to Aeneas.
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A Greek.
(c) A stranger.
(d) Her cousin.
3. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
4. Queen Amata, the king's wife, was not happy with this and neither was Turnus, the Rutulian king. Why was Turnus not happy about this?
(a) He wanted Lavinia for himself.
(b) He did not like the stranger.
(c) He did not like Greeks.
(d) He was in love with Queen Amata.
5. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Medea do to the daughter of the king of Corinth?
2. When they reached home, Medea helped Jason take revenge on whom?
3. When a Trojan prince called Paris was asked to judge a beauty contest between three goddesses, who bribed him with the offer of the most beautiful woman in the world?
4. What happened when King Minos locked this inventor up in his own labyrinth?
5. The abduction of Helen began a _____ year war between Greece and Troy, with many heroes on both sides.
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)