|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Adventures of Aeneas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a Trojan prince called Paris was asked to judge a beauty contest between three goddesses, who bribed him with the offer of the most beautiful woman in the world?
2. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
(a) Juno and Pluto.
(b) Mars and Mercury.
(c) Jupiter and Juno.
(d) Jupiter and Mercury.
3. ____________ was the other brother of Zeus and ruler of the underworld, where mortals went when they died.
4. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
5. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
(a) The white apple.
(b) The white strawberries.
(c) The white mulberry berries.
(d) The white poinsettia leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
2. ______________ was a great inventor who built the labyrinth for the Minotaur.
3. The story of the Trojan War was ______________ important and popular myths of the Greeks, and one which every educated Greek and Roman would have been familiar with.
4. What did Medea do to the daughter of the king of Corinth?
5. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)