|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Adventures of Aeneas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______________ was a great inventor who built the labyrinth for the Minotaur.
2. The heroes of the Trojan War, also called __________ heroes, were slightly different from the older mythological heroes such as Hercules, Perseus and Theseus.
3. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
(a) A spruce tree.
(b) A pine tree.
(c) A mulberry tree.
(d) An oak tree.
4. Phaёthon was the son of the Sun-god ____________.
5. When Aeneas and his group arrived in Italy, they were greeted warmly by __________, the local king.
Short Answer Questions
1. The society Aeneas founded would one day flourish into ___________.
2. Queen Amata, the king's wife, was not happy with this and neither was Turnus, the Rutulian king. Why was Turnus not happy about this?
3. What was the fatal flaw of most Greek heroes?
4. The story of the Trojan War was ______________ important and popular myths of the Greeks, and one which every educated Greek and Roman would have been familiar with.
5. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)