|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Adventures of Aeneas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________________ was the hero who rode the famous winged horse Pegasus, whom Athena helped him to catch.
(a) Bion of Smyrna
2. Why did visiting the underworld mark Aeneas as a very special hero?
(a) Only a few mortals made it to the underworld.
(b) Mortals were not allowed to visit the underworld; this was a place for only the gods.
(c) Most mortals had no interest in going to the underworld.
(d) Only a few mortals in the Greek myths went to the underworld and returned.
3. Achilles could not stand the slight to his honor that Agamemnon brought about by ______________.
(a) Claiming his property.
(b) Claiming his daughter.
(c) Claiming his slave-girl.
(d) Claiming his wife.
4. Why was refusing someone a burial a serious affront to the gods?
(a) Without a burial, the dead could not get to Mt. Olympus.
(b) Burial rites were incredibly important in ancient Greece.
(c) The gods had created the burial ceremony.
(d) The gods did not like to see death.
5. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
(a) The white poinsettia leaves.
(b) The white mulberry berries.
(c) The white strawberries.
(d) The white apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they reached home, Medea helped Jason take revenge on whom?
2. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
3. Phaёthon was the son of the Sun-god ____________.
4. _________ was the king of the gods and ruler of Olympus.
5. Who was Medea?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)