Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four. The Adventures of Aeneas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This king had been told in a prophecy that his daughter Lavinia was destined to marry __________, and he believed this referred to Aeneas.
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A Greek.
(c) A stranger.
(d) Her cousin.
2. The society Aeneas founded would one day flourish into ___________.
(a) The great Roman Republic.
(b) The great nation of Italy.
(c) The great city of Athens.
(d) The great nation of Greece.
3. The main gods, or ______________, lived on Mount Olympus.
4. _______________ was the goddess of wisdom, and protector of cities and civilization.
5. Achilles could not stand the slight to his honor that Agamemnon brought about by ______________.
(a) Claiming his property.
(b) Claiming his slave-girl.
(c) Claiming his daughter.
(d) Claiming his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. This story is very different from the other myths in the book for ____________ reasons.
2. What did Medea do to the daughter of the king of Corinth?
3. The Romans believed in the Olympian gods, giving them different ___________.
4. The abduction of Helen began a _____ year war between Greece and Troy, with many heroes on both sides.
5. Zeus and the other gods took over when Zeus dethroned ____________ and seized his power.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)