|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Procne became a ______________ that sang mournfully for her dead son whom she now regretted killing.
2. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
3. Odysseus' journey home to Ithaca took him ______ years, and he faced many fierce monsters and dangerous people along the way.
4. Odysseus' adventures were told in the _________ poem The Odyssey.
5. Procris was happily married to Cephalus, until one day Aurora, the goddess of the dawn, ____________.
(a) Killed him.
(b) Turned them against each other.
(c) Killed her.
(d) Took him away for herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
2. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
3. When Odysseus blinded the Cyclops, he angered whom?
4. Procne was married to Tereus of Thrace, a son of Ares, who fell in love with ______________ and tricked her into a marriage before cutting out her tongue and locking her up.
5. After killing some of the Sun-god's ______________, all of Odysseus' men were punished by drowning in a storm.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)