|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Touch him.
(c) Speak his name.
(d) Look upon him.
2. It was a moral tale that taught proper behavior toward whom?
(a) The gods.
(b) One's family.
(c) One's neighbors and the gods.
3. Who composed the Odyssey?
(a) The Greek bard Homer.
(b) The Roman bard Homer.
(c) The Greek bard Plato.
(d) The Roman bard Plato.
4. Procne was married to Tereus of Thrace, a son of Ares, who fell in love with ______________ and tricked her into a marriage before cutting out her tongue and locking her up.
5. Orithyia was carried away against her will by whom?
(a) The god of the North Wind, Boreas.
(b) The god of the East Wind, Boreas.
(c) The god of the South Wind, Boreas.
(d) The god of the West Wind, Boreas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
2. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
3. The Odyssey was in many ways a celebration of what it meant to be ___________.
4. One of the earliest kings was _______________, who ruled at the time Demeter brought agriculture to earth.
5. Odysseus' journey home to Ithaca took him ______ years, and he faced many fierce monsters and dangerous people along the way.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)