|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do these myths show?
(a) How forgetful the gods could sometimes be.
(b) How self-indulgent the gods could sometimes be.
(c) How cruel the gods could sometimes be.
(d) How loving the gods could sometimes be.
2. Odysseus and his men faced man eating monsters and strange magic, losing how many ships on their journey?
(a) All of them.
(b) All but one ship.
(c) All but two ships.
3. Who composed the Odyssey?
(a) The Greek bard Homer.
(b) The Roman bard Homer.
(c) The Roman bard Plato.
(d) The Greek bard Plato.
4. Odysseus alone survived and washed up on the shore of the island of ______________, where a sea-nymph who kept him captive for years.
5. After killing some of the Sun-god's ______________, all of Odysseus' men were punished by drowning in a storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Odysseus rescued the men before visiting the dead prophet ________________ in the underworld.
2. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
3. Odysseus' journey home to Ithaca took him ______ years, and he faced many fierce monsters and dangerous people along the way.
4. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
5. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)