|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Odysseus alone survived and washed up on the shore of the island of ______________, where a sea-nymph who kept him captive for years.
2. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was young and beautiful.
(b) She was Venus' younger sister.
(c) She was more powerful.
(d) She was more wealthy.
3. Odysseus' journey home to Ithaca took him ______ years, and he faced many fierce monsters and dangerous people along the way.
4. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
(a) A pine tree.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A spruce tree.
(d) A mulberry tree.
5. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
(a) A storm at sea.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A chariot accident.
(d) A flood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Modern scholarship usually dates The Odyssey to around the ______ century BC.
2. On Circe's island the men were turned into what?
3. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
4. After killing some of the Sun-god's ______________, all of Odysseus' men were punished by drowning in a storm.
5. These two sisters had __________ nieces.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)