|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Odysseus and his men faced man eating monsters and strange magic, losing how many ships on their journey?
(a) All of them.
(c) All but two ships.
(d) All but one ship.
2. Odysseus alone survived and washed up on the shore of the island of ______________, where a sea-nymph who kept him captive for years.
3. On Circe's island the men were turned into what?
4. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
(a) The gods.
(b) Their parents.
(c) Their neighbors.
(d) Their religious leaders.
5. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
(a) A storm at sea.
(b) A flood.
(c) A car accident.
(d) A chariot accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form did Tereus take?
2. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
3. After killing some of the Sun-god's ______________, all of Odysseus' men were punished by drowning in a storm.
4. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
5. It was a moral tale that taught proper behavior toward whom?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)