|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Odysseus and his men faced man eating monsters and strange magic, losing how many ships on their journey?
(b) All of them.
(c) All but one ship.
(d) All but two ships.
2. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
(a) The gods.
(b) Their parents.
(c) Their religious leaders.
(d) Their neighbors.
3. Procne became a ______________ that sang mournfully for her dead son whom she now regretted killing.
4. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was more wealthy.
(b) She was Venus' younger sister.
(c) She was young and beautiful.
(d) She was more powerful.
5. Procris was happily married to Cephalus, until one day Aurora, the goddess of the dawn, ____________.
(a) Turned them against each other.
(b) Took him away for herself.
(c) Killed him.
(d) Killed her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orithyia's two sons were heroes who accompanied ____________ on his voyage.
2. These two sisters had __________ nieces.
3. This chapter describes a series of myths concerning the earliest kings and queens of Athens before who became king?
4. On Circe's island the men were turned into what?
5. After killing some of the Sun-god's ______________, all of Odysseus' men were punished by drowning in a storm.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)