|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orithyia was carried away against her will by whom?
(a) The god of the East Wind, Boreas.
(b) The god of the West Wind, Boreas.
(c) The god of the North Wind, Boreas.
(d) The god of the South Wind, Boreas.
2. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
(a) Mars and Mercury.
(b) Juno and Pluto.
(c) Jupiter and Juno.
(d) Jupiter and Mercury.
3. On Circe's island the men were turned into what?
4. What form did Tereus take?
(a) An ugly bear.
(b) An ugly alligator.
(c) An ugly bird with a huge beak.
(d) An ugly praying mantis.
5. Odysseus rescued the men before visiting the dead prophet ________________ in the underworld.
Short Answer Questions
1. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
2. Orithyia's two sons were heroes who accompanied ____________ on his voyage.
3. Odysseus' adventures were told in the _________ poem The Odyssey.
4. Procne was married to Tereus of Thrace, a son of Ares, who fell in love with ______________ and tricked her into a marriage before cutting out her tongue and locking her up.
5. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)