|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Odysseus and his men faced man eating monsters and strange magic, losing how many ships on their journey?
(a) All but one ship.
(c) All of them.
(d) All but two ships.
2. What form did Tereus take?
(a) An ugly bear.
(b) An ugly alligator.
(c) An ugly bird with a huge beak.
(d) An ugly praying mantis.
3. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was more wealthy.
(b) She was Venus' younger sister.
(c) She was more powerful.
(d) She was young and beautiful.
4. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
5. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
(a) Orpheus must not touch her until she was in the land of the living again.
(b) Orpheus must not look back at her until she was in the land of the living again.
(c) Orpheus must not ever look upon her.
(d) Orpheus must never touch her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Odyssey was in many ways a celebration of what it meant to be ___________.
2. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
3. The two sisters escaped, but Tereus pursued them. The gods turned them all into what?
4. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
5. After killing some of the Sun-god's ______________, all of Odysseus' men were punished by drowning in a storm.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)