|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was more wealthy.
(b) She was young and beautiful.
(c) She was Venus' younger sister.
(d) She was more powerful.
2. Modern scholarship usually dates The Odyssey to around the ______ century BC.
3. On Circe's island the men were turned into what?
4. When Odysseus blinded the Cyclops, he angered whom?
(a) The monster's uncle, Poseidon.
(b) The monster's father, Poseidon.
(c) The monster's cousin, Poseidon.
(d) The monster's brother, Poseidon.
5. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
(a) Psyche could easily complete them.
(b) Psyche was always helped by sympathetic creatures.
(c) Psyche was unable to complete them.
(d) Psyche ignored Venus' tasks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Odysseus' adventures were told in the _________ poem The Odyssey.
2. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
3. Creüsa was raped by what god?
4. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
5. Procne was married to Tereus of Thrace, a son of Ares, who fell in love with ______________ and tricked her into a marriage before cutting out her tongue and locking her up.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)