|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Procne became a ______________ that sang mournfully for her dead son whom she now regretted killing.
2. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
3. On Circe's island the men were turned into what?
4. It was a moral tale that taught proper behavior toward whom?
(a) The gods.
(b) One's family.
(c) One's neighbors and the gods.
5. Creüsa was raped by what god?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who composed the Odyssey?
2. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
3. Procne was married to Tereus of Thrace, a son of Ares, who fell in love with ______________ and tricked her into a marriage before cutting out her tongue and locking her up.
4. Orithyia was carried away against her will by whom?
5. The Odyssey was in many ways a celebration of what it meant to be ___________.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)