|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two sisters escaped, but Tereus pursued them. The gods turned them all into what?
2. Modern scholarship usually dates The Odyssey to around the ______ century BC.
3. Procne became a ______________ that sang mournfully for her dead son whom she now regretted killing.
4. Odysseus rescued the men before visiting the dead prophet ________________ in the underworld.
5. Odysseus alone survived and washed up on the shore of the island of ______________, where a sea-nymph who kept him captive for years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do these myths show?
2. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
3. These two sisters had __________ nieces.
4. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
5. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)