|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After killing some of the Sun-god's ______________, all of Odysseus' men were punished by drowning in a storm.
2. The Odyssey was in many ways a celebration of what it meant to be ___________.
(a) Wealthy, Greek.
(b) Powerful, Greek.
(c) Civilized, Greek.
(d) Intelligent, Greek.
3. What do these myths show?
(a) How forgetful the gods could sometimes be.
(b) How cruel the gods could sometimes be.
(c) How self-indulgent the gods could sometimes be.
(d) How loving the gods could sometimes be.
4. Odysseus and his men faced man eating monsters and strange magic, losing how many ships on their journey?
(a) All but one ship.
(b) All but two ships.
(d) All of them.
5. Odysseus' journey home to Ithaca took him ______ years, and he faced many fierce monsters and dangerous people along the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. It was a moral tale that taught proper behavior toward whom?
2. Procne became a ______________ that sang mournfully for her dead son whom she now regretted killing.
3. Pygmalion fell in love with the statue of a woman that he had created. Venus took pity on his aching heart and turned the statue into a real, living woman. Pygmalion married her and named her ____________.
4. One of the earliest kings was _______________, who ruled at the time Demeter brought agriculture to earth.
5. Odysseus' adventures were told in the _________ poem The Odyssey.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)