|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
(a) Psyche was always helped by sympathetic creatures.
(b) Psyche ignored Venus' tasks.
(c) Psyche could easily complete them.
(d) Psyche was unable to complete them.
2. On Circe's island the men were turned into what?
3. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
(a) A storm at sea.
(b) A flood.
(c) A car accident.
(d) A chariot accident.
4. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
(a) Speak his name.
(b) Touch him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Look upon him.
5. The Odyssey was in many ways a celebration of what it meant to be ___________.
(a) Powerful, Greek.
(b) Civilized, Greek.
(c) Wealthy, Greek.
(d) Intelligent, Greek.
Short Answer Questions
1. Procne was married to Tereus of Thrace, a son of Ares, who fell in love with ______________ and tricked her into a marriage before cutting out her tongue and locking her up.
2. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
3. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
4. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
5. When Odysseus blinded the Cyclops, he angered whom?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)