|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
(a) Orpheus must not look back at her until she was in the land of the living again.
(b) Orpheus must never touch her.
(c) Orpheus must not ever look upon her.
(d) Orpheus must not touch her until she was in the land of the living again.
2. Orithyia's two sons were heroes who accompanied ____________ on his voyage.
3. Procne became a ______________ that sang mournfully for her dead son whom she now regretted killing.
4. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was young and beautiful.
(b) She was more powerful.
(c) She was Venus' younger sister.
(d) She was more wealthy.
5. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
(a) The white strawberries.
(b) The white apple.
(c) The white mulberry berries.
(d) The white poinsettia leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Odysseus' adventures were told in the _________ poem The Odyssey.
2. Who composed the Odyssey?
3. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
4. On Circe's island the men were turned into what?
5. When Odysseus blinded the Cyclops, he angered whom?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)