|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who composed the Odyssey?
(a) The Greek bard Homer.
(b) The Roman bard Plato.
(c) The Greek bard Plato.
(d) The Roman bard Homer.
2. Odysseus alone survived and washed up on the shore of the island of ______________, where a sea-nymph who kept him captive for years.
3. Procne became a ______________ that sang mournfully for her dead son whom she now regretted killing.
4. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Look upon him.
(c) Touch him.
(d) Speak his name.
5. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
(a) Orpheus must not touch her until she was in the land of the living again.
(b) Orpheus must never touch her.
(c) Orpheus must not look back at her until she was in the land of the living again.
(d) Orpheus must not ever look upon her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
2. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
3. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
4. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
5. On Circe's island the men were turned into what?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)