|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
(a) The white mulberry berries.
(b) The white strawberries.
(c) The white apple.
(d) The white poinsettia leaves.
2. One of the earliest kings was _______________, who ruled at the time Demeter brought agriculture to earth.
3. Pyramus and Thisbe agreed to meet by _________.
(a) A mulberry tree.
(b) A pine tree.
(c) An oak tree.
(d) A spruce tree.
4. Who composed the Odyssey?
(a) The Roman bard Homer.
(b) The Greek bard Homer.
(c) The Greek bard Plato.
(d) The Roman bard Plato.
5. Odysseus' adventures were told in the _________ poem The Odyssey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
2. Modern scholarship usually dates The Odyssey to around the ______ century BC.
3. Creüsa was raped by what god?
4. Odysseus alone survived and washed up on the shore of the island of ______________, where a sea-nymph who kept him captive for years.
5. Baucis and Philemon were an old couple who showed good hospitality towards ________________ when they visited them disguised as mortals.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)