|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
(a) The white apple.
(b) The white poinsettia leaves.
(c) The white mulberry berries.
(d) The white strawberries.
2. Odysseus rescued the men before visiting the dead prophet ________________ in the underworld.
3. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
(a) Their religious leaders.
(b) The gods.
(c) Their neighbors.
(d) Their parents.
4. One of the earliest kings was _______________, who ruled at the time Demeter brought agriculture to earth.
5. Endymion was a shepherd who was loved by the Moon goddess __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
2. Procne was married to Tereus of Thrace, a son of Ares, who fell in love with ______________ and tricked her into a marriage before cutting out her tongue and locking her up.
3. The two sisters escaped, but Tereus pursued them. The gods turned them all into what?
4. Odysseus alone survived and washed up on the shore of the island of ______________, where a sea-nymph who kept him captive for years.
5. Procne became a ______________ that sang mournfully for her dead son whom she now regretted killing.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)