|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Odyssey was in many ways a celebration of what it meant to be ___________.
(a) Wealthy, Greek.
(b) Intelligent, Greek.
(c) Civilized, Greek.
(d) Powerful, Greek.
2. What turned crimson in honor of Pyramus and Thisbe's great love?
(a) The white strawberries.
(b) The white mulberry berries.
(c) The white poinsettia leaves.
(d) The white apple.
3. What happened when Venus gave Psyche a series of impossible tasks?
(a) Psyche ignored Venus' tasks.
(b) Psyche was always helped by sympathetic creatures.
(c) Psyche was unable to complete them.
(d) Psyche could easily complete them.
4. Odysseus' adventures were told in the _________ poem The Odyssey.
5. Of what did Psyche become the goddess?
(a) The soul.
(b) The mind.
(c) The body.
(d) The heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. This chapter describes a series of myths concerning the earliest kings and queens of Athens before who became king?
2. Creüsa was raped by what god?
3. Procne became a ______________ that sang mournfully for her dead son whom she now regretted killing.
4. What form did Tereus take?
5. On Circe's island the men were turned into what?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)