|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form did Tereus take?
(a) An ugly bear.
(b) An ugly alligator.
(c) An ugly praying mantis.
(d) An ugly bird with a huge beak.
2. On Circe's island the men were turned into what?
3. Odysseus alone survived and washed up on the shore of the island of ______________, where a sea-nymph who kept him captive for years.
4. Procne was married to Tereus of Thrace, a son of Ares, who fell in love with ______________ and tricked her into a marriage before cutting out her tongue and locking her up.
5. Odysseus and his men faced man eating monsters and strange magic, losing how many ships on their journey?
(a) All but one ship.
(c) All of them.
(d) All but two ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Odysseus' adventures were told in the _________ poem The Odyssey.
2. Modern scholarship usually dates The Odyssey to around the ______ century BC.
3. Orithyia's two sons were heroes who accompanied ____________ on his voyage.
4. Creüsa was raped by what god?
5. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)