|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alcyone's husband Ceyx was killed in ______________, the pitying gods sent her a dream to tell her the truth about what had happened to him.
(a) A storm at sea.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A flood.
(d) A chariot accident.
2. Persephone was enchanted by Orpheus' music, and Hades agreed to release Eurydice, on what condition?
(a) Orpheus must never touch her.
(b) Orpheus must not ever look upon her.
(c) Orpheus must not touch her until she was in the land of the living again.
(d) Orpheus must not look back at her until she was in the land of the living again.
3. What form did Tereus take?
(a) An ugly bear.
(b) An ugly bird with a huge beak.
(c) An ugly alligator.
(d) An ugly praying mantis.
4. Who composed the Odyssey?
(a) The Greek bard Homer.
(b) The Roman bard Homer.
(c) The Roman bard Plato.
(d) The Greek bard Plato.
5. Odysseus alone survived and washed up on the shore of the island of ______________, where a sea-nymph who kept him captive for years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Odysseus blinded the Cyclops, he angered whom?
2. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
3. After killing some of the Sun-god's ______________, all of Odysseus' men were punished by drowning in a storm.
4. This chapter describes a series of myths concerning the earliest kings and queens of Athens before who became king?
5. Odysseus and his men faced man eating monsters and strange magic, losing how many ships on their journey?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)