One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five. The Royal House of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orithyia was carried away against her will by whom?
(a) The god of the North Wind, Boreas.
(b) The god of the South Wind, Boreas.
(c) The god of the East Wind, Boreas.
(d) The god of the West Wind, Boreas.
2. Orithyia's two sons were heroes who accompanied ____________ on his voyage.
3. Why was Venus jealous of Psyche?
(a) She was Venus' younger sister.
(b) She was more powerful.
(c) She was more wealthy.
(d) She was young and beautiful.
4. Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors who fell in love, but who would not allow them to marry?
(a) Their neighbors.
(b) Their parents.
(c) The gods.
(d) Their religious leaders.
5. It was a moral tale that taught proper behavior toward whom?
(a) One's family.
(b) One's neighbors and the gods.
(d) The gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Creüsa was raped by what god?
2. Odysseus rescued the men before visiting the dead prophet ________________ in the underworld.
3. Cupid became Psyche's husband, but she was instructed that she must never _______.
4. Modern scholarship usually dates The Odyssey to around the ______ century BC.
5. Procris was happily married to Cephalus, until one day Aurora, the goddess of the dawn, ____________.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)