|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "A ____ decor complete with _____." How is this quote from Striptease finished?
2. In "Myth is Depoliticized Speech," how does myth act in the passing from history to nature?
3. In "Myth is a Stolen Language," what is characteristic of myth?
4. According to "Myth as a Stolen Language," language cannot possibly be realistic or what?
5. The author says that the main character of "The Lady of the Camellias" sends the audience to where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the ways that Marguerite and Armand feel love differ from one another in "The Lady of the Camellias"?
2. In "The Form and the Concept," how is it the author suggests the signifier of myth is presented?
3. How does the author suggest class and progressive humanism differ from one another in "The Great Family of Man"?
4. What is history's role concerning myth as a type of speech, according to "Myth is a Type of Speech"?
5. What language is not mythical according to "Myth on the Left?" Why?
6. How is plastic a "miraculous substance," according to the author in "Plastic"?
7. Why does the author believe cars have become the modern equivalent of Gothic cathedrals in "The New Citroen"?
8. How must one understand the term "political" in "Myth is Depoliticized Speech"?
9. Why does the author say that poetry is ideal prey for myth in "Myth as a Stolen Language"?
10. How is the woman in "Striptease" an object in disguise? What is the point of this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What non-living objects does the author give life to in "Mythologies?" Of which examples is the author's tone positive and which negative?
Essay Topic 2
How can photography be used in elections? How are people manipulated through this process?
Essay Topic 3
How does modern culture create superficial notions in its art? What does this suggest of the world that creates this art? How is it different than art of the past?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)