|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The workers mentioned in "The Great Family of Men" of the Goutte d'Or are from where?
(b) South Africa.
(d) Northern Africa.
2. What is one of the functions of myth in "Myth is Depoliticized Speech"?
(a) Use objects.
(b) Deny objects.
(c) Create objects.
(d) Talk about objects.
3. Above all in "Myth on the Left," myth is what?
(b) Evolutionary to the needs of society.
(c) A facade.
4. In "The Bourgeoisie as a Joint-Stock Company," what term does the author first examine?
5. In "The New Citroen" what is the modern equivalent of great Gothic cathedrals?
Short Answer Questions
1. "The _____ of myth presents itself in an ambiguous way." How is this quote from "The Form and the Concept" finished?
2. Which type of photograph "suggests the tyranny of an ideal" in "Photography and Electoral Appeal"?
3. What is a "regressive semiological system," according to "Myth is a Stolen Language"?
4. According to "Myth as a Stolen Language," language cannot possibly be realistic or what?
5. Mythology is a part of ideology in what way according to "Myth is a Semiological System"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Myth is a Type of Speech" what does the author say that myth is? What does he say that a form of speech is?
2. How do the ways that Marguerite and Armand feel love differ from one another in "The Lady of the Camellias"?
3. How does the author suggest class and progressive humanism differ from one another in "The Great Family of Man"?
4. What is history's role concerning myth as a type of speech, according to "Myth is a Type of Speech"?
5. What is semiology?
6. What does the author suggest is characteristic of myth in "Myth as a Stolen Language"?
7. What language is not mythical according to "Myth on the Left?" Why?
8. In "The Form and the Concept," how is it the author suggests the signifier of myth is presented?
9. How is the woman in "Striptease" an object in disguise? What is the point of this?
10. Does the author admit there are revolts against the bourgeois ideology in "The Bourgeoisie as a Joint-Stock Company"? What is it called?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)