|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plastic is "ubiquity made ____." How is this quote from "Plastic" finished?
2. "The _____ of myth presents itself in an ambiguous way." How is this quote from "The Form and the Concept" finished?
3. What is one of the best methods against myth in "Myth as a Stolen Language"?
(a) Obstruct the acknowledging of a myths purpose.
(b) Produce an artificial myth.
(c) Write against the need for the myth.
(d) Study the particular myth's need to exist.
4. How does "Myth as Stolen Language" conclude?
(a) "Ideology has its methods, and so has semiology."
(b) "The ideal of course would be to combine these two types of criticism."
(c) "One must deal with the writer's realism either as an ideological substance or as a semiological value."
(d) "The mistake which is constantly made is to confuse them."
5. What flowers does the author use to signify his passion in "Myth is a Semiological System"?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Myth is a type of speech chosen by ______." How is this quote finished?
2. In "Reading and Deciphering Myth" the author says the saluting soldier used as a reference in other sections is an example of what?
3. What is the main character's lover's name in "The Lady of the Camellias"?
4. Which of the following is not a Greek shepherd in "Plastic"?
5. What is the second point the author makes of the science of semiology in "Myth as a Semiological System"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Form and the Concept," how is it the author suggests the signifier of myth is presented?
2. What is "the inoculation"?
3. How do the ways that Marguerite and Armand feel love differ from one another in "The Lady of the Camellias"?
4. How must one understand the term "political" in "Myth is Depoliticized Speech"?
5. What is semiology?
6. Does the author admit there are revolts against the bourgeois ideology in "The Bourgeoisie as a Joint-Stock Company"? What is it called?
7. In "Myth is a Type of Speech" what does the author say that myth is? What does he say that a form of speech is?
8. How is the woman in "Striptease" an object in disguise? What is the point of this?
9. What is history's role concerning myth as a type of speech, according to "Myth is a Type of Speech"?
10. Why does Marguerite only send the audience "to sleep" in "The Lady of the Camellias"?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)