|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Reading and Deciphering Myth" the author says the saluting soldier used as a reference in other sections is an example of what?
(a) French imperiality.
(b) French endurance.
(c) French struggle.
(d) French attitude.
2. Which of the following is not part of the whole system of values for a myth in "The Form and the Concept"?
(a) An audiology.
(b) A morality.
(c) A geography.
(d) A history.
3. What is an example of a class ritual in "The Bourgeoisie as a Joint-Stock Company"?
(a) Driving expensive automobiles.
(b) Exotic holidays.
(c) Extravagant parties.
(d) A big wedding.
4. In "The Bourgeoisie as a Joint-Stock Company," what term does the author first examine?
5. Myth is an inflexion, not what according to "Reading and Deciphering Myth"?
(a) A lie nor a confession.
(b) An attitude nor an opinion.
(c) An ability nor a reaction.
(d) A fact nor a reality.
6. Mythology is a part of semiology in what way according to "Myth as a Semiological System"?
(a) It is a philosophy.
(b) It is regulated by the definitions of objects.
(c) It can only be used to break down barriers.
(d) That it is a formal science.
7. In "Myth is a Stolen Language," what offers little resistance to robbery by myth"?
(a) Popular culture.
(b) Articulated language.
(c) General psychology.
(d) Cultural philosophy.
8. What is the profession of the father of the male lover in "The Lady of the Camellias"?
(a) Tax collector.
(d) Army officer.
9. In "Reading and Deciphering Myth" causality creeps through the back door of what?
10. "The spiritualization can be seen in the extent, the quality and the material of the _____." How is this quote from "The New Citroen" finished?
11. What is one of the best methods against myth in "Myth as a Stolen Language"?
(a) Produce an artificial myth.
(b) Study the particular myth's need to exist.
(c) Write against the need for the myth.
(d) Obstruct the acknowledging of a myths purpose.
12. As per the opening statement, "Striptease" emphasizes which city?
13. What does the author say the world supplies to myth in "Myth is Depoliticized Speech"?
(a) Ability of usage.
(b) Historical reality.
(d) Cultural adherence.
14. In "Myth is Depoliticized Speech," how does myth act in the passing from history to nature?
15. Plastic is "ubiquity made ____." How is this quote from "Plastic" finished?
Short Answer Questions
1. The workers mentioned in "The Great Family of Men" of the Goutte d'Or are from where?
2. What is the main character's lover's name in "The Lady of the Camellias"?
3. Which of the following is not a general prospect of the pseudo-physis of the dreams of the contemporary bourgeois world?
4. What flowers does the author use to signify his passion in "Myth is a Semiological System"?
5. "Myth is not defined by _____." How is this quote from "Myth is a Type of Speech" finished?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)