|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mythology is a part of semiology in what way according to "Myth as a Semiological System"?
(a) It is a philosophy.
(b) That it is a formal science.
(c) It is regulated by the definitions of objects.
(d) It can only be used to break down barriers.
2. "A ____ decor complete with _____." How is this quote from Striptease finished?
(a) Roman, ivy.
(b) British, lilies.
(c) Venetian, gondola.
(d) Chinese, bamboo.
3. As per the opening statement, "Striptease" emphasizes which city?
4. What is the subject of the headline mentioned in "Reading and Deciphering Myth"?
(a) The price of vegetables.
(b) The price of milk.
(c) The effects of war.
(d) The change in language.
5. What is the second point the author makes of the science of semiology in "Myth as a Semiological System"?
(a) "Studies the separation of an object to its signification."
(b) "Studies objects different from their implied affections in a culture."
(c) "Studies significations apart from their content."
(d) "Studies the aspects of speech and meaning in a verbal object."
6. What is a "regressive semiological system," according to "Myth is a Stolen Language"?
(a) Modern art.
(b) 20th century film.
(c) Classical literature.
(d) Contemporary poetry.
7. In "The New Citroen" what is the modern equivalent of great Gothic cathedrals?
8. Which of the following is not an animal the lion will not share his hunted food with in "The Form and the Concept."
(a) A heifer.
(b) A goat.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A cow.
9. What is the final example in "Plastic" of the material's infringement on nature?
(a) Artificial plants.
(b) Production of plastic aortas.
(c) Its contamination of food.
(d) It use in child birthing.
10. Above all in "Myth on the Left," myth is what?
(b) Evolutionary to the needs of society.
(d) A facade.
11. Myth is an inflexion, not what according to "Reading and Deciphering Myth"?
(a) A fact nor a reality.
(b) A lie nor a confession.
(c) An attitude nor an opinion.
(d) An ability nor a reaction.
12. Mythology is a part of ideology in what way according to "Myth is a Semiological System"?
(a) It is a physical science.
(b) It is a historical science.
(c) It is nutritional for a culture.
(d) It is regulated by the definitions of objects.
13. According to the author, what is striptease to France?
14. "The spiritualization can be seen in the extent, the quality and the material of the _____." How is this quote from "The New Citroen" finished?
15. In "The Bourgeoisie as a Joint-Stock Company," what term does the author first examine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Plastic is "ubiquity made ____." How is this quote from "Plastic" finished?
2. In "The Form and the Concept" a complete image would do what to myth?
3. In "Myth is a Type of Speech" what happens to certain objects that become prey to mythical speech?
4. What language is not mythical according to "Myth on the Left"?
5. The author says that the main character of "The Lady of the Camellias" lives in the awareness of what?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)