|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the face of Valentino cause, as per "The Face of Garbo"?
(a) Revolutions in art and cinema.
(b) Reforms in the fashion industry.
2. In "Myth is a Stolen Language," what is characteristic of myth?
(a) "To transform a meaning into form."
(b) "To connect objects into form."
(c) "To transform a form into meaning."
(d) "To create a meaning for an object."
3. "Novels and Children" was written in response to an article in what magazine?
(b) La Monde.
4. What film is mentioned in "The Face of Garbo"?
(a) All About Eve.
(b) Queen Christina.
(c) La Strada.
(d) Les Miserables.
5. What religious sect is referred to in "Novels and Children"?
(a) Unitarian Universalists.
(b) Hasidic Jews.
(d) Sunni Muslims.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "the holiday" a product for?
2. In "Reading and Deciphering Myth" causality creeps through the back door of what?
3. In "Reading and Deciphering Myth" the author says the saluting soldier used as a reference in other sections is an example of what?
4. Which fictional children's character(s) is/are referred to in "The Poor and the Proletariat"?
5. What pop-culture icon is Garbo contrasted to in "The Face of Garbo"?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)