|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1, Part 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Queen Frederika wear in "The 'Blue Blood' Cruise"?
(a) Jeans and an oxford shirt.
(b) A print dress.
(c) A plain yellow dress.
(d) Shorts and a tank top.
2. Which of the following is not a phrase used to describe Einstein or his brain in "The Brain of Einstein"?
(b) "Bed of thorns."
(c) "World of robots."
(d) "A true museum exhibit."
3. What time do the royals wake up to mock the working class in "The 'Blue Blood' Cruise"?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(b) 7 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
4. What other alcoholic beverage is wine contrasted to in "Wine and Milk"?
5. "Wine is here a part of the reason of _____." How is this quote from "Wine and Milk" finished?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, French toys always mean what?
2. How is the following quote from "The Poor and the Proletariat" finished: "the proletarian is still the man who is ______"?
3. Which of the following is not another "great spectacle" the author mentions in "The World of Wrestling"?
4. What meal does the author compare a writer's liking to in "The Writer on Holiday"?
5. In "Steak and Chips," the author compares steak to what?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)