|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1, Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious sect is referred to in "Novels and Children"?
(a) Hasidic Jews.
(b) Sunni Muslims.
(d) Unitarian Universalists.
2. How is a writer's holiday different from another tradesman according to the author in "The Writer on Holiday"?
(a) He spends more money.
(b) He travels further from home.
(c) He drinks more.
(d) He continues to work.
3. How does the author describe how fast "the Jet-Man" travels?
(a) "Faster than air."
(b) "Faster than speed."
(c) "Faster than light."
(d) "Faster than sound."
4. What river is referenced in the first sentence of "The Writer on Holiday?"
5. How does the author describe bleach products in "Soap Powders and Detergents"?
(a) Immediate chemical combustion.
(b) Mass-sold poison.
(c) Liquid fire.
(d) Clothing tonic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ultimately, what is the destiny of the writers in the magazine article mentioned in "Novels and Children"?
2. "Your ____ will be furious!" How is this quote from "Operation Margarine" finished?
3. "______ for Schelling." How is this quote from "The Brain of Einstein finished"?
4. What did the face of Valentino cause, as per "The Face of Garbo"?
5. What does the ship become in "The Nautilus and the Drunken Boat"?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)