|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1, Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Queen Frederika wear in "The 'Blue Blood' Cruise"?
(a) Shorts and a tank top.
(b) A print dress.
(c) A plain yellow dress.
(d) Jeans and an oxford shirt.
2. What did the face of Valentino cause, as per "The Face of Garbo"?
(a) Reforms in the fashion industry.
(c) Revolutions in art and cinema.
3. In "The Nautilus and the Drunken Boat," the ship is an emblem of what?
4. What American mixture does the author perplex over in "Wine and Milk"?
(a) Milk and pomegranate.
(b) Wine and juice.
(c) Milk and chocolate.
(d) Water and cucumber.
5. How does the author describe bleach products in "Soap Powders and Detergents"?
(a) Clothing tonic.
(b) Mass-sold poison.
(c) Immediate chemical combustion.
(d) Liquid fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ultimately, what is the destiny of the writers in the magazine article mentioned in "Novels and Children"?
2. What other famous author does Barthes compare misunderstandings in language to in "Dominici, or the Triumph of Literature"?
3. The author claims that according to the magazine article in "Novels and Children," women are what sort of species?
4. What does the author say men could conceive of the heavens in "The Jet-Man"?
5. In "Soap Powders and Detergents," what does the author argue that the "whiteness" promised by these cleaning products play towards?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)