|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which king is compared to writers in "The Writer on Holiday"?
(a) Richard II.
(b) Edward III.
(c) Henry IV.
(d) Louis XIV.
2. What meal does the author compare a writer's liking to in "The Writer on Holiday"?
(a) "Any red wine with the reddest of meats."
(b) "Dry white wine and underdone steak."
(c) "Harsh whiskey and crabs legs."
(d) "Robust ale with spicy fra diavolo."
3. In "Soap Powders and Detergents," what does the author argue that the "whiteness" promised by these cleaning products play towards?
(a) The naivety of consumers.
(b) The vanity of consumers.
(c) The aesthetics of consumers.
(d) The values of consumers.
4. Which Roman character does the author point out has wild, unkempt hair?
5. What color are the pajamas mentioned in "The Writer on Holiday"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is a writer's holiday different from another tradesman according to the author in "The Writer on Holiday"?
2. Who is the actor the author focuses on in "The Poor and the Proletariat"?
3. How is the following quote from "The World of Wrestling" finished: "the virtue of all-in wrestling is that it is the spectacle of _____."
4. Which of the following is not an object mentioned in "The 'Blue Blood" Cruise"?
5. What is the second sign in "The Romans in Films"?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)