|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of wrestling does the author define as portraying the ongoing battle between good and evil in "The World of Wrestling"?
(a) French wrestling.
(b) British wrestling.
(c) Russian wrestling.
(d) American wrestling.
2. Which two organizations are referred to in "Operation Margarine"?
(a) The Navy and the Court.
(b) The Army and the Church.
(c) The Police and the Army.
(d) The Church and the Government.
3. How does the author describe bleach products in "Soap Powders and Detergents"?
(a) Liquid fire.
(b) Mass-sold poison.
(c) Immediate chemical combustion.
(d) Clothing tonic.
4. Which king is compared to writers in "The Writer on Holiday"?
(a) Richard II.
(b) Henry IV.
(c) Edward III.
(d) Louis XIV.
5. What food is made with margarine in the advertisement referenced by the author in "Operation Margarine"?
(a) Strawberry pie.
(b) A mousse.
(d) Chocolate cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Queen Frederika wear in "The 'Blue Blood' Cruise"?
2. Who does the author compare wrestlers to in the final paragraph of "The World of Wrestling"?
3. The author argues that, ultimately, wrestlers are what?
4. The author makes the statement that a wrestler is ________ "in broad daylight and in the sight of all"?
5. What color are the pajamas mentioned in "The Writer on Holiday"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)