|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction to A Memoir of Mary Ann.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the editorial that challenged American writers say American writers do?
(a) Write too abstractly, confusing readers.
(b) Write about being poor.
(c) Write too much like British writers.
(d) Write as if everyone in the country is rich.
2. In what month did O'Connor receive a manuscript from nuns who had written about a deformed girl?
3. What will always be a Catholic novel's center of meaning?
(b) The devil.
4. What kind of answers do Catholics abide by?
5. Who said art does not necessitate restrictions?
(a) Saint Gerard Majella.
(b) Saint Ignatius Loyola.
(c) Saint Thomas Aquinas.
(d) Saint John Bosco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author that O'Connor says is not a good writer, but his intent should not be judged?
2. What did the photographer come to O'Connor's home to film?
3. What is O'Connor's advice for writers who do not want to be regional?
4. What is the wife's name in a story that O'Connor recalls about a man who tells his wife that her birthmark shocks him?
5. Where is the home where the deformed girl lived with nuns located?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)