|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction to A Memoir of Mary Ann.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote that the roots of the eye are in the heart?
(a) James Keller.
(b) Karl Rahner.
(c) Romano Guardini.
(d) Desiderius Erasmus.
2. O'Connor presented materials from "The Church and the Fiction Writer" during a talk at what college?
(c) Sarah Lawrence.
(d) Notre Dame.
3. What John Hersey novel in O'Connor's examples did parents seem to object to?
(a) Of Men and War.
(b) A Bell for Adano.
(d) The Wall.
4. When does O'Connor say she figured out what fiction was?
(a) While in high school.
(b) While in middle school.
(c) While attending community college.
(d) While getting a Master's degree.
5. What did O'Connor see in the book "Believe It or Not"?
(a) A cat who nursed a hen.
(b) A woman who owned 900 chickens.
(c) A chicken that mated with a turkey.
(d) A rooster who lived with no head.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which novel does O'Connor say all its sentences could be examined with wonder?
2. O'Connor says a society is understood by what?
3. Who said his aim as an artist was to render the highest possible justice to the visible universe?
4. What does O'Connor say fiction should deal with?
5. University students in the 1920s created a pamphlet with what title?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)