|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Catholic Novelists and Their Readers and The Catholic Novelist in the Protestant South.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Dixie Limited?
2. Who said if you want to write stories not to drive the poor from your doorstep?
3. What artist was John Peale Bishop referring to when he claimed that you cannot say this person painted apples and tablecloth and say what he has painted?
4. Students from what university created a pamphlet in the 1920s?
5. Which character in fiction is usually disturbing to the reader?
(a) The freak.
(b) The violent woman.
(c) The character who is physically ill.
(d) The poor man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vision does O'Connor say a fiction writer needs to develop?
2. Which of O'Connor's works does she use to show examples of hidden themes and symbols?
3. What did the editorial that challenged American writers say American writers do?
4. From what newspaper was the photographer who visited O'Connor at her home?
5. What author said that he writes romances, not novels?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)