|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Catholic Novelists and Their Readers and The Catholic Novelist in the Protestant South.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does the Catholic novelist sometimes feel when he views what he is supposed to do as a Catholic and as a novelist?
2. What kind of answers do Catholics abide by?
3. University students in the 1920s created a pamphlet with what title?
(a) I'll Put My Foot Down.
(b) I'll Take My Stand.
(c) I'll Stand and Be Heard.
(d) I'll Stand My Ground.
4. Thomas Mann said that the grotesque is what style?
5. What author said that he writes romances, not novels?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fundamental truths do Catholic writers live and work in?
2. Where did O'Connor see the ad for her first peafowl?
3. How did the man selling fence posts get rid of his peafowl?
4. What does O'Connor say a writer needs but cannot get from a writing class?
5. O'Connor says no other writer was hotter after the dollar than whom?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)