|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Church and the Fiction Writer and Novelist and Believer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomas Mann said that the grotesque is what style?
2. In what city did O'Connor's friend from Wisconsin buy a house?
3. O'Connor is told that some students believe that anything that cannot be done using what is not worth doing?
(a) A thesaurus.
(d) A calculator.
4. Who said that the artist is concerned with the good of that which is made?
(a) St. Aaron.
(b) St. Patrick.
(c) St. Thomas.
(d) St. Maro.
5. What did O'Connor tell a classroom that there was no such thing as?
(a) A Critical Response.
(b) A Work of Fiction.
(c) The Writer.
(d) An American Novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Dixie Limited?
2. O'Connor says belief in what is a hindrance to writers?
3. Who called art "reason in making"?
4. What does O'Connor say a writer needs but cannot get from a writing class?
5. O'Connor became frustrated because the writing students she addressed were looking for what?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)