|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Church and the Fiction Writer and Novelist and Believer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Steinbeck novel in O'Connor's examples did parents seem to object to?
(a) Cannery Row.
(b) Tortilla Flats.
(c) Of Mice and Men.
(d) East of Eden.
2. O'Connor's friend told her that a bookstore clerk referred to "The Violent Bear It Away" with what title?
(a) The Valiant Bloom Always.
(b) The Bear That Ran Away With It.
(c) The One That Got Away.
(d) The Violets Bear Today.
3. What author said his aim as a fiction writer is to render the highest possible justice to the visible universe?
4. What does O'Connor say fiction should deal with?
(b) The subconscious.
(c) Vague concepts.
5. What does O'Connor say the serious writer is interested in?
(a) Studying and learning.
(b) The habit of art.
(c) Getting outside of their comfort zone.
(d) Pleasing the reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did O'Connor present materials from "The Church and the Fiction Writer" during a talk at a college?
2. What is the name of the college publication that printed a symposium on the subject of the lack of Catholic writers?
3. While some call "A Good Man Is Hard to Find" grotesque, what does O'Connor call it?
4. What was the title of the course that O'Connor addressed in The Nature and Aim of Fiction?
5. Henry James gave negative criticism by telling the writer that they have treated good subject manner in what kind of manner?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)