|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Church and the Fiction Writer and Novelist and Believer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did O'Connor's friend from Wisconsin buy a house?
2. What author said his aim as a fiction writer is to render the highest possible justice to the visible universe?
3. How long can a peacock live?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 35 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 25 years.
4. In what magazine did O'Connor read an editorial challenging her and other writers?
(d) Southern Living.
5. What does O'Connor says causes Southerners anguish?
(a) That the South is getting more like the rest of the country.
(b) That there are not enough jobs.
(c) That there are too many people in the South.
(d) That the South is alienated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Colonel Eggbert?
2. Who does O'Connor say acts as a middleman between readers and writers?
3. Besides the telephone repairman, who did O'Connor say is indifferent to the peacock's display?
4. Where was Faulkner at home?
5. What does O'Connor think English teachers can help change?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)