|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Nature and Aim of Fiction, Writing Short Stories and On Her Own Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the helmet of the telephone repairman that came to O'Connor's farm?
2. What did O'Connor tell a classroom that there was no such thing as?
(a) A Work of Fiction.
(b) A Critical Response.
(c) An American Novel.
(d) The Writer.
3. Who wrote the collection of stories called "Rotting Hill"?
(a) Wyndham Lewis.
(b) Willard Linus.
(c) William Louis.
(d) Wendall Lane.
4. Students from what university created a pamphlet in the 1920s?
5. What is O'Connor's advice for writers who do not want to be regional?
(a) Be an American writer.
(b) Move to an unfamiliar region.
(c) Only write fantasy and science fiction.
(d) Only write fiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people does O'Connor say Southerners can recognize?
2. Where did O'Connor's first set of peafowl come from?
3. When will a peacock regrow his feathers once he sheds?
4. O'Connor says no other writer was hotter after the dollar than whom?
5. How many peafowl did O'Connor buy from an ad in a paper?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)