|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Nature and Aim of Fiction, Writing Short Stories and On Her Own Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long can a peacock live?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 35 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. University students in the 1920s created a pamphlet with what title?
(a) I'll Stand and Be Heard.
(b) I'll Put My Foot Down.
(c) I'll Stand My Ground.
(d) I'll Take My Stand.
3. What did the telephone repairman comment on when O'Connor asked what he thinks of the peacock?
(a) Its bad attitude.
(b) Its legs.
(c) Its coloring.
(d) Its tail.
4. What does O'Connor think every writer would like to think of himself as?
(a) An artist.
(b) A genius.
(c) A realist.
(d) An original.
5. For what work did O'Connor receive the Georgia Writers' Association Scroll?
(a) Wise Blood.
(b) A Good Man Is Hard To Find.
(c) The Violent Bear It Away.
(d) Everything That Rises Must Converge.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Connor became frustrated because the writing students she addressed were looking for what?
2. About how long did the telephone repairman wait to see a peacock strut?
3. Where did O'Connor's first set of peafowl come from?
4. What volunteer fire department was Mr. Montgomery a member of?
5. O'Connor says no other writer was hotter after the dollar than whom?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)