|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Nature and Aim of Fiction, Writing Short Stories and On Her Own Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does O'Connor says causes Southerners anguish?
(a) That there are too many people in the South.
(b) That the South is alienated.
(c) That the South is getting more like the rest of the country.
(d) That there are not enough jobs.
2. Who wrote the collection of stories called "Rotting Hill"?
(a) Wyndham Lewis.
(b) Willard Linus.
(c) Wendall Lane.
(d) William Louis.
3. What does O'Connor say a writer needs but cannot get from a writing class?
(b) An epiphany.
4. Which of O'Connor's relatives refused to accept that her story about a man who leaves his wife at an eatery was complete?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her mother.
5. What did the telephone repairman say he thought O'Connor's peacock could outrun?
(a) A cheetah.
(b) An Oldsmobile.
(c) A bus.
(d) A roadrunner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What award did Percy Walker win?
2. In which novel does O'Connor say all its sentences could be examined with wonder?
3. How many sections does the story "Summer Dust" have?
4. Which writer did Henry James say does things in the way that take the most doing?
5. Who is the Dixie Limited?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)