|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Nature and Aim of Fiction, Writing Short Stories and On Her Own Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does O'Connor say that most people interested in writing are not interested in?
(a) Making money.
(b) Writing for fun.
(c) Getting famous.
(d) Writing well.
2. How many peafowl did O'Connor have after nine years?
3. Which writer did Henry James say does things in the way that take the most doing?
4. Who does O'Connor believe truly speaks for the country?
(b) Advertising agencies.
5. How did the man selling fence posts get rid of his peafowl?
(a) He gave them to O'Connor.
(b) He would give them to needy children as gifts.
(c) He would sell them at festivals.
(d) He and his family would eat them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What award did Percy Walker win?
2. What is O'Connor's advice for writers who do not want to be regional?
3. What does O'Connor say the serious writer is interested in?
4. What did the telephone repairman say he thought O'Connor's peacock could outrun?
5. What does O'Connor think every writer would like to think of himself as?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)