|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Nature and Aim of Fiction, Writing Short Stories and On Her Own Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was O'Connor when a photographer visited her in "The King of the Birds"?
2. Where was the photographer from who visited O'Connor at her home?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
3. While some call "A Good Man Is Hard to Find" grotesque, what does O'Connor call it?
4. What does O'Connor say a writer needs but cannot get from a writing class?
(b) An epiphany.
5. What did O'Connor tell a classroom that there was no such thing as?
(a) A Critical Response.
(b) An American Novel.
(c) The Writer.
(d) A Work of Fiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Connor says no other writer was hotter after the dollar than whom?
2. What did O'Connor feel like when she heard about The School Southern Degeneracy?
3. In which novel does O'Connor say all its sentences could be examined with wonder?
4. Which writer did Henry James say does things in the way that take the most doing?
5. What does O'Connor think every writer would like to think of himself as?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)