|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fiction Writer & His Country, Some Aspects of the Grotesque in Southern Fiction and The Regional Writer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did O'Connor say her peafowl would eat?
(c) Cat food.
2. Which writer did Henry James say does things in the way that take the most doing?
3. Who does O'Connor believe truly speaks for the country?
(b) Advertising agencies.
4. O'Connor says belief in what is a hindrance to writers?
(a) Good and evil.
(c) The American dream.
(d) Christian dogma.
5. What does O'Connor says causes Southerners anguish?
(a) That there are not enough jobs.
(b) That the South is alienated.
(c) That the South is getting more like the rest of the country.
(d) That there are too many people in the South.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what work did O'Connor receive the Georgia Writers' Association Scroll?
2. What item of clothing did Colonel Eggbert wear?
3. According to O'Connor, what do Northern authors consider everything written by Southerners?
4. How did the man selling fence posts get rid of his peafowl?
5. What did one of O'Connor's peafowl lose in the mowing machine?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)