|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fiction Writer & His Country, Some Aspects of the Grotesque in Southern Fiction and The Regional Writer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is O'Connor's advice for writers who do not want to be regional?
(a) Only write fantasy and science fiction.
(b) Only write fiction.
(c) Be an American writer.
(d) Move to an unfamiliar region.
2. What did O'Connor see in the book "Believe It or Not"?
(a) A rooster who lived with no head.
(b) A cat who nursed a hen.
(c) A woman who owned 900 chickens.
(d) A chicken that mated with a turkey.
3. Students from what university created a pamphlet in the 1920s?
4. What did an old woman cry when she finally saw the tail on O'Connor's peacock?
(a) "Praise God!"
(c) "Amen! Amen!"
(d) "God bless America!"
5. What does O'Connor say is a word that sounds good in anyone's mouth that no book jacket can do without?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Colonel Eggbert?
2. What author said that he writes romances, not novels?
3. What color was the helmet of the telephone repairman that came to O'Connor's farm?
4. When will a peacock regrow his feathers once he sheds?
5. For what work did O'Connor receive the Georgia Writers' Association Scroll?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)