|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fiction Writer & His Country, Some Aspects of the Grotesque in Southern Fiction and The Regional Writer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What volunteer fire department was Mr. Montgomery a member of?
2. Where did O'Connor's first set of peafowl come from?
(a) Chattanooga, Tennessee.
(b) Gulf Shores, Alabama.
(c) Macon, Georgia.
(d) Eustis, Florida.
3. What possession of O'Connor's mom did the peafowl eat systematically?
(d) Bread loaves.
4. How long can a peacock live?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 35 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
5. What did the telephone repairman comment on when O'Connor asked what he thinks of the peacock?
(a) Its legs.
(b) Its coloring.
(c) Its tail.
(d) Its bad attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. University students in the 1920s created a pamphlet with what title?
2. What did O'Connor feel like when she heard about The School Southern Degeneracy?
3. In what magazine did O'Connor read an editorial challenging her and other writers?
4. From what newspaper was the photographer who visited O'Connor at her home?
5. Where did O'Connor see the ad for her first peafowl?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)